Imposition- Do People Still Do It Anymore?

Slipper

So recently we've been considering attempting imposition again. We attempted it a few years ago but never had much success; most of the guides we read included a lot of active forcing and near constant passive forcing, which I did not have the discipline for at the time. Considering that possession and switching is simultaneously unneeded and kind of already done (we're already very blendy so its not particularly necessary for us) we've been interested in that last big hurdle of tulpamancy. 

However, unlike switching, there isn't much discussion about imposition anymore. I've seen it mentioned here and there, but it seems it falls more under the "I'm imagining them following me in my head" as opposed to actually seeing them. Considering the amount of guides and discussion on the topic, I'm willing to believe that the latter is possible as well. 

Basically, are you planning to do imposition or have you already done it? Why or why not? If you have, how did it go?

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. We're not able to trick the brain to that degree anyway, so we're not trying. Besides, being a massive introvert I'd find it too stressful to visually have him around me 24/7.

This way I don't take up any space either, which is a novel experience for me.

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

I have done a lot of work on imposition and am currently working on putting a guide together. I agree that current resources for learning imposition are pretty abysmal. the best guide currently out there is q2's method for a huggable tulpa, v2, but that guide still leaves a lot to be desired. I had to pretty much make up a lot of the methods that I used to learn imposition from scratch

what I will say is that learning imposition, even with better resources, takes a lot of time and effort. there are ways to make things more efficient, but if you don't put in the time to really train the skill, you're going to get subpar results

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Dawn: Imposition is something we plan to work on the second we finish our switching training witch will take about a month. 

4 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

I have done a lot of work on imposition and am currently working on putting a guide together.

Perhaps you would be willing to help us out when the time comes? It would be nice to have a bit of mentoring when we begin :)

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

6 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

I have done a lot of work on imposition and am currently working on putting a guide together. I agree that current resources for learning imposition are pretty abysmal. the best guide currently out there is q2's method for a huggable tulpa, v2, but that guide still leaves a lot to be desired. I had to pretty much make up a lot of the methods that I used to learn imposition from scratch

what I will say is that learning imposition, even with better resources, takes a lot of time and effort. there are ways to make things more efficient, but if you don't put in the time to really train the skill, you're going to get subpar results

How long have you been trying it and how successful have you been? I remember that guide was one of the more useful ones for us at the time, along with the old finger-string method. We only seriously tried it for about a month or so before we lost interest, so we never got any solid results.

Art Thread

Progress Report

I started work on imposition ~3 years ago. it took me ~6 months to become sufficiently skilled with positive imposition of the 5 senses to easily impose sensations that were mostly identical to what I would experience if the subjects of my imposition were physically there. by this point, I have a very strong control over my senses, and my main way to improve is by working on much more esoteric branches of imposition like cross-sense synesthesia imposition

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I have some weak imposition skills for all of the senses but visual. I think imposition is really interesting, but I'm hoping to build up my art skills and my visualization skills first before I deep dive into imposition. As a system, imposition is later on our list of things to study deeply.

I made significant progress using Purlox's guide and with on and off practice for 3-4 years, I'm primed to react to my tulpas if they tried to do something like pie my face. We can give out a few tips and tricks for very basic imposition, but beyond that there's bot much we can offer. We tend to step away from deep imposition discussion because we lack opinions and/or experience.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

(edited)

Imposition has been one of the main ways we communicate for 6+ years. It's like 50/50 normal in-head tulpa-talking vs imposing them and talking (but still silently, I will never talk out loud). 

Our visualization clarity is and always has been very very poor (but functional) and we've never put in enough consistent practice in short periods of time to improve it. So, imposition visual quality is only around as good as our visualization quality. They're slightly hard to compare though. Our visualization is immensely blurry and hard to picture details in, while imposition is fairly clearly defined, though we struggle to see details on a full body at once (we can only really focus on one area like say someone's face in detail, with the rest of their body being vaguely generally defined).

But, all of that easily improves with consistent practice. Also, more importantly to us, our sense of presence while imposing is perfect, or in another sense, it's completely immersive. If I impose one of them, regardless of how well I can actually see them at that time, it feels like there's a person there taking up space, I can follow them with my eyes (through otherwise thin air), and while we don't impose audio, their typical mindvoice communication still reflects the direction and distance to their imposed form.

So basically, we're too lazy to practice consistently, but we've never outright stopped doing imposition, and we do it just as often as we talk normally in-mind. But once you've got the basics down (which could take very varying amounts of time per person), I have full confidence you'd be able to develop whichever imposition senses and skills you like as long as you put in a lot of consistent practice. And by consistent I basically mean every day or so without missing any, or even if you do, only every once in a while, while keeping it up for multiple weeks at least. Doing it very sporadically as we have but for 7+ years does not count as consistent and probably won't lead to improvement, compared to just working really hard on it for several weeks straight (which is how we learned it to start with). And if you want fancy results like Bre has, turn that weeks into months.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

21 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

Imposition has been one of the main ways we communicate for 6+ years. It's like 50/50 normal in-head tulpa-talking vs imposing them and talking (but still silently, I will never talk out loud). 

Our visualization clarity is and always has been very very poor (but functional) and we've never put in enough consistent practice in short periods of time to improve it. So, imposition visual quality is only around as good as our visualization quality. They're slightly hard to compare though. Our visualization is immensely blurry and hard to picture details in, while imposition is fairly clearly defined, though we struggle to see details on a full body at once (we can only really focus on say someone's face in detail, with the rest of their body being vaguely generally defined).

But, all of that easily improves with consistent practice. Also, more importantly to us, our sense of presence while imposing is perfect, or in another sense, it's completely immersive. If I impose one of them, regardless of how well I can actually see them at that time, it feels like there's a person there taking up space, I can follow them with my eyes (through otherwise thin air), and while we don't impose audio, their typical mindvoice communication still reflects the direction and distance to their imposed form.

So basically, we're too lazy to practice consistently, but we've never outright stopped doing imposition, and we do it just as often as we talk normally in-mind. But once you've got the basics down (which could take very varying amounts of time per person), I have full confidence you'd be able to develop whichever imposition senses and skills you like as long as you put in a lot of consistent practice. And by consistent I basically mean every day or so without missing any, or even if you do, only every once in a while, while keeping it up for multiple weeks at least. Doing it very sporadically as we have but for 7+ years does not count as consistent and probably won't lead to improvement, compared to just working really hard on it for several weeks straight (which is how we learned it to start with). And if you want fancy results like Bre has, turn that weeks into months.

Very glad you responded, as you're one of the few I knew of who has done visual imposition and is still around.

Our visualization has always been fairly decent. I've just always been confused by the practicing of the hallucinating and how the progress of that works. It might just be because I haven't read any progress reports that included the progression of the imposition phase, but I have no idea what to really look for while practicing. Obviously there's the guides, but they're a bit too streamlined for me.

How did you achieve visual imposition? Any particular method or idea you used? 

Art Thread

Progress Report