Making multiple Tulpas, how should I do it?

Hey hey hello! I am still working with Evan but recently I’ve lost a lot of progress due to not being able to talk to him as much, he’s pretty much back at square one and I am very stressed. I had two other tulpas I wanted to create awhile back but never quite got to it, I was wondering if there’s a way I could create them while also creating Evan? That way, he'd have someone to talk to while I am at school and work. Is it a bad idea? 

💫

hi ! 
my name is Hex/Robin! I am a minor and transgender (ftm). I use he/him pronouns and I am autistic :0 ask me about fnaf, I could talk for hours about fnaf. 

I have a Tulpa named Evan, he writes in this color! 

If you're at school/work, Evan will probably be happy to either just keep you company in the background or hang out in Wonderland. You don't have to talk to each other every waking moment of every day, after all. FAM sort of considers me to be his Tulpa when he's in his own Wonderland doing stuff (I don't have a physical presence there, just like he doesn't have one in "my" world).

A Tulpa is a long-term commitment, there's no need to rush. If you feel like you're not making progress with Evan, you're running the risk of then not making progress with three Tulpas, as we see it, because your attention will be split into trying to create three Tulpas at the same time instead of focusing on getting one to a state where "making progress" isn't even something you feel like you need to worry about. Are three semi-formed beings preferable to one? You'll get there eventually, but it don't happen overnight.

Doc (she/her) = Host

FAM (he/him) = Tulpa

^ I took the plunge and made many tulpas early on. 3 and a half years later, we can barely handle under half our system active at any given moment. We still struggle with identity blending and all that jazz. It started off as just Esper. Then Janey. Then Layy. Then Emily. Then Rollin. Then Waynin. Then Trease. We kept growing and growing and we weren't able to sustain it, leaving us where we are now, with over half of our system considered "dormant," like characters in an RPG that aren't in our part or something. They're not doing anything, they're practically asleep. They're in stasis. Even now, with 8 of us active, we don't often find ourselves having days where everyone's fronting as much as they should. So stick with Evan. For the sake of you all.

PS,

And don't treat any would-be tulpas like tulpas. Ignore them. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of February, 2022, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, Trease, Blinky, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

IceCreeper909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

If you're having trouble focusing on one tulpa and are stressed, another two will only make the problem worse. Whether you want three tulpas down the line is a personal choice, but you should probably see how you feel with one first. And not just after Evan is stable, but after months of daily interacting and living together. You'd be surprised at how much presence a tulpa can have- having two more may end up being too much. Also, keep in mind that making tulpas should be done with the assumption that it will be permanent. Choosing to have three people live with you for life should definitely be well thought out and done with lots of preparation!

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

(edited)

I personally think it's too early for 3, especially since you're stressed out keeping one. Early on I had promised my first tulpa that after a year if we felt okay with it then we could have a second, I also set a cap on how many tulpas I was okay with having in our system (that number being 3.) When that second came around, Lilith, I was unsure whether I could handle it or not, but after thinking about it and getting some advice I continued. If I started out (before the halfway point in my tulpamancy journey) then I would have probably quit out of stress, or minimally I would have a messy bond with my tulpas. 

If you are concerned about giving Evan attention. Remember that, especially early on tulpas tend to, I guess sacrifice themselves to a degree. Sometime within the first couple of months I was stressed out about things in my life, Nepeta during this time would badger me to fix those things (since we both knew they were fixable) and asked me not to spend time with her until I did so. It's different for everyone, but I believe they would be happier and possibly even proud of you if you spent time working on the things that could stress you out in-exchange for leaving them without attention, although you could still try to passive force, only if you want to though. Maybe they know that there is no rush. There is a lifetime full of adventures ahead of them. That's all just assumptions though, I'm not a part of you.

Edited by Gloomynoon
wrong name srry

Hello! This is the host's tulpa's account. You can call me Ria!

Progress Report

• 4 months later...

In theory you can create three tulpas at once. In practice it's a horrible idea to do so and will most likely cause all three of your tulpas to suffer. because of a lack of attention and energy.