Just a bunch of tulpa questions.

Is it okay for the line between me and tulpa to be blurry?  Is this something that’s supposed to fade over time or something?

Does having mental illnesses such as ADHD, Depression, and PTSD have any well known effects on tulpamancy?

I hear from others that tulpas are supposed to have their own lives and memories and whatnot, but i’m worried this will exacerbate the memory problems that come with the mental illnesses i have.

Mystic System 💫

Leith/Dust -🧋🍄

Ebony -🕷

Luna -🌙

Cetus -🐉
Antony -🕰

Oliver -🫧

Nikki -💄

(edited)

It's probably better (and usually less complicated) for your tulpas to be clearly separate from you, and that is most people's general goal in tulpamancy they work towards, but it isn't a necessity per se...

ADHD shouldn't mean anything special past how it affects your ability to focus on interacting with your tulpas, but no secret downsides, they should be obvious to you if there are any.

Depression should theoretically apply to your tulpas too, you'd think, as most personality and mental disorders do, but it just seems to... not? 95% of cases of host depression I see do not seem to prevent their tulpas from being cheery and positive influences on them. Though inversely, a tulpa can become depressed for their own reasons even if the host is not, and of course they could always overlap.

I don't have any knowledge whatsoever of PTSD in tulpa systems, but I would assume they have the same triggers as you. But as tulpamancy goes, there's always the possibility they just don't, which would be great.

Tulpas aren't "supposed to" have their own lives and memories and all, but they maybe can and that may be the normal expectation in some plural communities that aren't here. At least on Tulpa.info and probably r/tulpas I don't think that's the norm, most tulpas are a blank slate experientially when they're created, though tulpas based on characters may share some attachments. My tulpas feel varying attachments to the characters they were based on, but they don't have nonexistent memories or unrealistic ties to them, just influence.

Whether a tulpa appears to exist when you're not thinking of them, or if they just do not exist for that time, depends on the system. Encourage whatever is your preference I guess. My tulpas do not exist when me or whoever is switched in is not thinking of them. Though even if that's the case, they can still develop a sort of "resistance" to becoming inactive with practice and intent. My tulpas don't just cease to exist the moment my attention is brought away from them when doing imposition, for example (Imposition is a skill you can learn where you trick your senses into perceiving your tulpa(s) in the real world to some extent, most frequently visually, and the senses of sound and touch are often practiced too). But yeah, if I don't think of one of my tulpas for a week, they just did not experience anything in that time. Though they're able to catch back up with what's going on ~instantly, their reactions to things that happened could still be reasonably delayed until they realize more consciously that said things happened.

Either way, you'll need to spend time with your tulpas somewhat regularly to keep up their development and possibly vocal clarity and independence from you. They won't be able to "force themselves" while you go about your life at least, whether or not you believe they're living in an internal world outside your awareness.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

> Is it okay for the line between me and tulpa to be blurry?  Is this something that’s supposed to fade over time or something?

Often hosts and tulpas become more separate. It's okay for the line to be blurry though. I imagine there'd be advantages to it, like being better at behaving like a singlet for social reasons. What really matters is how you and your tulpa feel about it. I personally want to be my own person, separate from my host.  Some people are happy being median or may prefer it.

So when I'm not fronting it's like I'm not affected by depression at all. This seems to be common among tulpas. It's like we're an outside influence in this context. When I am fronting, I'm not, like, overly pessimistic but I might have more subtle symptoms of depression and some physical symptoms (such as fatigue and loss of appetite). It's like my brain is affected by depression but I'm not as affected by it, I guess because of my outlook and personality

Weirdly, enough, when I front, I can be both more anxious and less anxious than my host. I'm less anxious about quick physical things, such as eating weird food or getting a shot. However, it's like I have more "background anxiety" as I continue to front, and I can also be more socially anxious. I think the background anxiety is worse because my host has personality specific coping mechanisms that I don't have, and the increased social anxiety is because I've socialized less (I'm a year old technically).

My mates Cloud and Consig feel depression more when fronting and I think that's because they feel like they don't have enough to do while fronting. Stone and I have stuff we do to feel productive or relax and they don't have the same things. So that might be why they feel increase feelings like apathy and hopelessness.

I don't have personal experience with PTSD, and idk if I have personal experience with ADHD.

I hear from others that tulpas are supposed to have their own lives and memories and whatnot

I feel like this is such a big statement that could have a lot of different meanings lol. /nm

Generally, tulpas have access to the same memories you do. Some tulpas have spiritual beliefs in past lives but I won't get into that here. Tulpas generally are not dissociative in the way DID alters might be, for example. And parallel processing is a whole nother thing that I don't have an opinion on, but most people don't report to experience it.

i’m worried this will exacerbate the memory problems that come with the mental illnesses i have

I don't have much of an idea because I'm not a medical expert of anything. Honestly if I was in your position I'd search "[mental illness]" on the forums of "[mental illness] tulpa" on Google to see if you can find progress reports or posts from tulpamancers with a given mental illness. That could give you more of an idea. Creating or interacting with a tulpa shouldn't cause you to start dissociating if you haven't been already though. It's not like giving yourself DID. I'm just saying that just in case you're thinking that.

Meaningful words, I'm here!

I created my tulpa 2 days ago and today i was sending taste of some of my favorite foods to my tulpa for the first time. my mouth does not water but  it did when i sent it to my tulpa could this a sign of sentence?

When a tulpa is very young it may not know how to communicate with you yet, so you may receive signs of your tulpa in unconventional ways. So it's entirely possible!

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

• 4 months later...

Blurriness is normal sometimes it fades sometimes it doesn't

Mental illness definetely will affect your tulpas as well. There is a chance your tulpas will have your mental illnesses, especially a neurological condition

On 3/21/2022 at 1:22 AM, world123 said:

I created my tulpa 2 days ago and today i was sending taste of some of my favorite foods to my tulpa for the first time. my mouth does not water but  it did when i sent it to my tulpa could this a sign of sentence?

It might be, I don't think it's a good indicator though (also I have never heard of taste sending, that's a new one)