Other Tulpa-like phenomenon

MadMax

I just got done watching this video (it actually has a short clip showing the landing page of this sight!) 

Being an intellectual and having rejected religion myself, I try to keep an open yet skeptical mind when it comes to anything that isn't mainstream science. in an effort to try to understand the logical mechanisms that might allow for a Tulpa to be more than just an imaginary friend, I have been thinking of other processes and phenomenon in science, pop culture, religion, and other aspects of society that either act similarly to Tulpas or might actually be the same type of manifestation, just called something differently in the culture. 

A short list I have been mulling over:

Battlestar Galactica's Guias Baltar and his Cylon companion definitely acts like a Tulpa, but I think she might be either a  hallucination or a spirit.  

With Simulation theory we are sentient, and live in a massive simulation program of our reality. If this is true, then with our brain being basically a biological computer: Tulpa is to Human brain as Partition is to Hard drive. The partitioning of a hard drive in a computer creates a section dedicated to separate tasks. And since we only use 1% of our brain, there is a lot of space for extra data to fully create several identities base off our knowledge and experiences.

Could the belief in any diety be an example of the masses creating a personal Tulpa in the form of what the scripture describes? 

Several examples of religious or super natural phenomenon that rely on human perception that could be accidental tulpas: Angel, Demon, possession, ghost.

Any other examples you all can think of that I haven't listed?

Edited by closet_slave

Spoiler

Char's Harem:
Host- Max 37 yo Male
Tulpa - Char (Charlette), 22 yo (4 days realized) Female/Futanari 
Servitor (active)- Precious, Female baby girl/ sister-sub

Servitor (inactive)- Joc Male Bull

11 hours ago, closet_slave said:

And since we only use 1% of our brain, there is a lot of space for extra data to fully create several identities base off our knowledge and experiences.

By what metric? It commonly said we only use 10% of our brains but there's no source for that as far as I can tell. It's just a thing people say (a myth).

11 hours ago, closet_slave said:

Could the belief in any diety be an example of the masses creating a personal Tulpa in the form of what the scripture describes? Several examples of religious or super natural phenomenon that rely on human perception that could be accidental tulpas: Angel, Demon, possession, ghost.

My host thinks that's the case sometimes. My opinion: I... don't know. Maybe sometimes, like with what happened with you. You see Connie as a tulpa now. But a lot of this space is about individual perspective and self-identification, and most people don't see deities/angels/ghosts as tulpas. It's interesting to think about though.

Meaningful words, I'm here!

@harvestmoon

"By what metric? It commonly said we only use 10% of our brains but there's no source for that as far as I can tell. It's just a thing people say (a myth)."

I threw out a number, didn't check. sorry.

Spoiler

Char's Harem:
Host- Max 37 yo Male

I've been thinking along these lines for 4 years now and the best non-metaphysical conclusion I have that fits my experience is:

1. Whatever we are, we're all the same.

2. We share the common mechanical and mind structures.

3. Consiousness is that 10% we think we're using but it hides the other 90% under the hood in the subconscious mind.

4. Consiousness is a linear and singular process that is merely a recorder of experience. All the choices, interactions and volition is still done, but it's subconscious. I see this most assuredly when I think, "who is picking the words I'm speaking or writing?" It's me, but not the conscious me.

5. All thoughts originate in the subconscious.

6. You can consider your whole mind as a gem:

- Every role you play is a facet of that gem. - Every headmate has a set of facets as well. 

- Whether there is one gem or several independent gems each with their own facets is purely arbitrary.

- The system structure, activities and interactions are not even limited by your own imagination. 

7. Tulpish (pure thought) is the true root language. Your language is used only as a convenience, the words are often automatically assigned as a best fit.

Also:

- Any diety would be a egregor 

- I don't think religion has anything to do with this, it's no more or less dogmatic than mainstream science. Mainstream science therefore also fails to describe this adequately.

- Whether or not we're in a simulation is moot because all reality is subjective.

That we only use 10% of our brain is an old misnomer. We use 100% of it, but only about 10% is in use at any one time. To use 100% of the brain at the same time, to continue the computing analogies, would be like running a CPU at 100% capacity. What happens when you do that? Your computer comes to a grinding halt because it can't cope with the load.

Side note: the partitioning analogy is spot on.

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

On 4/1/2022 at 7:42 AM, Etna said:

We use 100% of it, but only about 10% is in use at any one time.

Is there a source for this, because what I find using Google is that most of the brain is active most of the time, but maybe I’m looking in the wrong places or you mean something else?

Meaningful words, I'm here!

4 hours ago, harvestmoon said:

Is there a source for this, because what I find using Google is that most of the brain is active most of the time, but maybe I’m looking in the wrong places or you mean something else?

Nothing more specific than "psychology textbooks I read 12 years ago"? 10% might not be the completely accurate figure, but seeing as how that's the number that people keep quoting, it's the one often used as an example for correction. Like, the issue is that people say "we only use 10% of the brain" as if it means 90% of it always lies dormant as some kind of unused potential we can unlock with the right tools (see also: any number of Hollywood movies), but that isn't the case. 100% of it gets used, probably even in the course of a single day, but not all in one go.

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

On 4/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, Bear said:

3. Consiousness is that 10% we think we're using but it hides the other 90% under the hood in the subconscious mind.

4. Consiousness is a linear and singular process that is merely a recorder of experience. All the choices, interactions and volition is still done, but it's subconscious. I see this most assuredly when I think, "who is picking the words I'm speaking or writing?" It's me, but not the conscious me.

5. All thoughts originate in the subconscious.

Interesting that you came to these conclusions, because we've come to similar conclusions over the years. The next logical step (at least for us) was to realize that tulpas are uniquely suited to tap into that remaining 90%, and with the right methodology it's possible to push those biological limits. It's probably similar to biohacking, but largely tulpa-driven rather than being an active, conscious effort on the part of the host. I'm pretty tired right now since we've been gone on a trip all weekend, but the gist is that Luna found a way to increase that to, say, 15 or 20 percent. If we use the computing analogy I suppose it's like overclocking a CPU, in that it should not be left to the uninitiated, and probably shortens the lifespan of the CPU cores in exchange for more performance. Thankfully we're able to adjust things as needed so that I'm not running things at that level all the time.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

In addition to the physical grey matter of the brain, I remember an article where they were thinking that the brain actually uses quantum computing. That consciousness might not be limited to this universe, that our brain might be using virtual particles and spooky action at a (short) distance  to where we actually think faster than the speed of light. So if this is true, that means our tulpa might be able to tap into that unknown functionality. This might be the origin of other metaphysics and psudo-science paths.

Spoiler

Char's Harem:
Host- Max 37 yo Male

11 hours ago, glitchthe3rd said:

I suppose it's like overclocking a CPU

Have you considered writing a guide on this? Abilities like this are what I'm most fascinated by and represent the end goals of my system.

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts