Other Tulpa-like phenomenon

MadMax

3 hours ago, Michael Blackwater said:

Have you considered writing a guide on this? Abilities like this are what I'm most fascinated by and represent the end goals of my system.

I think they were just throwing it out there in continuation of the analogy, I don't think they were saying they themselves are capable of it. 

I agree with the partitioning analogy, I myself have used it exactly before. Besides that, so be honest, I don't see what necessarily is the point of this thread. I almost feel like it'd belong in the metaphysics board more, but that's just me. 

If I think I understand the discussion, though, then we've had similar thoughts. Mainly in regards to some sort of SAO-like BCI(brain-computer interface) allowing the brain to be used such that more than one system mate is able to independently experience things for their own. Does that make sense? Hmm. Put another way, I occasionally find myself wishfully thinking about something reminiscent of SAO nervegear, with the ability for plural systems to be able to act with each other in more "physical" forms. Almost like split-screen multiplayer on games, where each player is controlling themselves independently, but are still connected by the console they're playing on. Though one could argue that a further progression of things would be the separation of the experiences of the system mates further. For example, instead of split screen, where each player can see what everyone else is doing, it's more like Battleship, where each player has their own side of the board that only they can see, but they're both playing the same game, despite(unlike splitscreen) their vision and by extension thoughts(in the case of plurality) being more separated. 

Going back to brain usage, I think it's important to remember that different parts of the brain are used for different things. Thus, even if only 10% is being used at any given moment, that does not mean that trying to eek more usage out would end up with better performance. Think of it like this; if you have a diagram of the brain, and each part of the brain was separated, each one having a different color. The more a given part is used, the more saturated the color of the part is on the diagram. 10% usage of the brain wouldn't show every part of the brain partially saturated, with increased brain usage resulting in more vivid color, but rather, the 10% usage would show likely as a given part of the brain being very saturated, with what part in particular changing as the brain engages in different tasks. I'm gonna throw out random examples so don't expect them to be scientifically accurate, they're just to give you an idea of what I mean --  If you're writing a novel, then the parts of your brain that control language functions and creativity would likely be using that 10%, but if you were doing some meticulous and precise sleight of hand trick, the part of your brain that controls fine motor functions would be using that 10%. You could argue that if all parts of the brain were in use given this theory, that it could result in increased brain power. However, like with the CPU example, it could just result in the load being too great and nothing working at all. 

The more I wrote that the less sense it made to me, and suddenly, my initial way of describing how the 10% brain usage thing works makes more sense. Yet still, neither make sense. 

I hear often nowadays that we actually use 90% of our brain at any given moment, though I don't have a source. 

Actually, fuck it, lemme google it real quick-- 

Yeah alright we use over 90% of our brains at any given moment, that's cool. Now then, all of the crap I had just said, forget about it. 

Wait no not yet I have more to add-!

Going back to my first tangent about some nervegear-like VR apparatus that could allow for plural systems to, idk, exist more independently (albeit virtually), that becomes increasingly less viable if the brain is almost always over 90% usage. Something something parallel processing is impossible, and PP being possible, and due to the way things are likely to have to work, the separation of system mates using VR, would be effectively impossible, at least to my knowledge. I'm making less and less sense with every letter I type so I'll leave it there for now. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

On 4/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, Michael Blackwater said:

Have you considered writing a guide on this? Abilities like this are what I'm most fascinated by and represent the end goals of my system.

I've been reluctant to because everyone handles symbolism in vastly different ways in their own systems, which also ties into why the GAT doesn't seem to like my writing style. I'm also not the best teacher to begin with; I have a hard time translating my personal experiences into lessons that others can gain something from.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

On 4/3/2022 at 11:54 PM, glitchthe3rd said:

Luna found a way to increase that to, say, 15 or 20 percent.

Mind hacking can be done by you as well. It's just like the Matrix in certain ways. There are brick walls that headmates inherently don't have because they don't share your conditioning. However, with shadow work (basically self-help psychology) you can remove some of these barriers.

Almost surely you can't do anything you don't believe you can do, but I've proven to myself that you can do things that everyone says is impossible. Headmates definitely help, they're a bypass in brain wiring.

9 hours ago, glitchthe3rd said:

I've been reluctant to because everyone handles symbolism in vastly different ways in their own systems, which also ties into why the GAT doesn't seem to like my writing style. I'm also not the best teacher to begin with; I have a hard time translating my personal experiences into lessons that others can gain something from.

If I'm not mistaken the GAT is dead and being replaced, so that may not be a problem anymore. I think Ranger is the dude overseeing whatever new system is coming. Translating symbolism is easy for me, for instance in your servitor programming guide I took your programming language symbolism and replaced it with occult ritual commands. If you ever decide to make a guide inform me. Or I might DM you if that is ok with you

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

(edited)

On 3/31/2022 at 9:07 PM, closet_slave said:

Being an intellectual and having rejected religion myself, I try to keep an open yet skeptical mind when it comes to anything that isn't mainstream science.

Okay, first of all: don't do that. Rejecting religion doesn't necessarily make you open-minded on the merit of it, science and religion are not exclusionary. Secondly, you should also be skeptical of mainstream science. You should especially be skeptical of mainstream science.

Now, onto your main question, yes there have absolutely been tulpa-like entities throughout time. Totems, guardian angels, fylgia or other sort of spiritual/mental companions have been part of many different cultures or their mythologies. But if you want a more pop culture example there are also daemons from before the whole tulpa ordeal inspired by His Dark Materials, or the concept of SoulBonds before them. In fact, if we count imaginary friends as tulpa-like I'd dare say this phenomenon is even natural. For me, there is fundamentally not that much of a difference between these types of thoughtforms.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:07 PM, closet_slave said:

Could the belief in any diety be an example of the masses creating a personal Tulpa in the form of what the scripture describes? 

Sort of. The difference I'd say is that while we tulpamancers cut our own path, worshippers 'follow a recipe'. However the fundamental process is still the same, it involves lots of active focus (reading), communication (prayers), and just developing a steady rhytm of habits (Sunday masses in churches). Each culture has/have their own quirks to their methods but they all mostly boil down to these.

Edited by Mel Syreth

50 minutes ago, Mel Syreth said:

Okay, first of all: don't do that. Rejecting religion doesn't necessarily make you open-minded on the merit of it, science and religion are not exclusionary. Secondly, you should also be skeptical of mainstream science. You should especially be skeptical of mainstream science.

Oh yeah true lol. Bc rn you sound like someone on r/atheist that thinks bc they don't believe in God that they have achieved ultimate intelligence and maturity, but like, no lol. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

• 4 weeks later...

i have my own way of describing how tulpas can exist (i am not sure if the video covers this specific topic but i am going to regardless) 
in your min dyou have schemata, which are the associations your minds make at their most basic level. like birds having wings. having a tulpa will change those schema. you go from "i am my mind" to "i am an entity inside my mind"
this allows tulpas to exist because being inside your mind instead of being your mind allows thoughts to happen outside of your identity. 
tulpas form when you associate memories, experiences, and personality traits with a thought-form
over time as you associate these things with it, it causes these things to "back up"the validity of the tulpa to your mind. and this causes yet another schemata to change, which is the way you view said thoughtform. the mind sees it now as a personality within your mind

so yes tulpas are just you talking to yourself. two in mind entities chatting inside the mind are still chatting inside the same mind

but because you are now viewing it as outside of your identity, it allows it to think on it's own. 

feel free to comment on this or correct it.

Hello. I have one tulpa, her name is Lynn. Her birthday is the 25th of september, 2021
I guess i should give her a color to talk in? ill go with this one for now. anyways say hi to Lynn!

hi everyone!