Discussion on the possibility of tulpas altering brain chemistry

Thanks for the reply Glitch

20 hours ago, glitchthe3rd said:

As far as possible benefits, we've discovered a range of enhacements over the years, including faster reaction times, a weak time dilation effect, improved perception, so on and so forth.

This is what I was looking for. Pushing stuff like this is compelling to me and I love seeing the possibilities even if limited. 

The Dorsal and Vagal stuff seems really interesting and is something I'll have to look into further.

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

On 4/6/2022 at 8:49 AM, Bear said:

Autoreset was life-changing and incredibly useful.

The culmination of that is that I am able to kill any emotion instantly.

I have seen you mention this ability before and would love to hear more about it. If your hypothesis is right in that it could be done in reverse to cause chemical changes it would be a great place for me to begin working on a better foundation for my research and practice. Emotions are definitely a solid place to start with this project as each emotion has its own set of chemical reactions that can be taken advantage of. 

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

The closest thing we've found in our system is the ability to suppress the amygdala temporarily, thus preventing any kind of emotional reaction from occurring.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

(edited)

Oh, we can do something like that, just talked about it yesterday I think. Thoroughly unrelated to tulpamancy. Probably unrelated to some specific part of the brain, too, that talk really annoys me. Like we could possibly have any idea what is going on in our physical brains during any given mental phenomena just through guessing..

Anyways, we can sort of focus on being conscious for lack of a better description, becoming more aware but more importantly shutting off any random thoughts or feelings except what we directly think in the moment. Most useful for us (since we are not very emotional, ever) to decide to take an action that our brain is otherwise hounding us about being too much effort or stressful or something. Also possibly useful during social situations where we feel overwhelmed or scatterbrained, like a party or something, though we've never done that before. It's something we definitely need to get in the habit of doing more often I think.

That said, I was just thinking earlier "Unfortunately this isn't really a positive state, it's basically purely emotionless", but at the very least it's logical and enables unfettered action. It seems similar to effects meditation can achieve, though it's instantaneous and only lasts for as long as we're directly focusing on maintaining it.

Could be the same experience you're talking about, couldn't say. Doesn't feel like it's targeting any one specific part of our brain though, feels more like fully shutting off autopilot in the brain for a moment.

Edited by Flandre

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

20 hours ago, Michael Blackwater said:

have seen you mention this ability before and would love to hear more about it.

Other than basic emotion supression I believe we've found ways to trigger the basic responses for the release of certain chemicals, no data-based proof yet (as we don't have access to a lab) but they should be fairly easy to recreate even without a tupper. Just takes patience and practice, all of these are produced naturally, save for specific illnesses:

Dopamine: the basic pleasure/reward response, often released naturally when completing a task or getting something that you want. Forcing can naturally cause this to release if you find reward in it, however you or your tupper should be able to trigger the reward feeling even without doing anything once you recognize the feeling. Haven't found much practical use for this, unfortunately.

Oxytocin: Produced during emotional bonding, including physical platonic or intimate contact. Hug your tulpa and your brain will send these out - however once psychologically bonded tight enough, your tupper should be able to hug you and emotionally bleed over the same effects. Good for combating depressive states if that's something you struggle with.

Adrenaline: Manually triggering the fight-or-flight response is just a matter of truly believing you're at risk, or in a dangerous situation. It can potentially shorten reaction time, and in my expirence it makes practical forcing easier, but is emotionally draining to keep up. Most likely better solutions exist, as most systems here have actively developed counters over triggers for fight-or-flight.

Endorphins: Naturally released during exercise, injury, and sex. We've developed a way to artificially create a "runners high" - a large release of endorphins, though I won't discuss the exacts for that one on a public board. Most useful for pain supression without actively ignoring it, though it can provide other benefits such as a second wind during exercise, if that doesn't naturally occur in time. This is the one we've found the most use in - as we participated in several sports pre-pandemic and having access to an at-will second wind was very nice. I'd recommend against abuse of this - it's a very easy thing to lose, and becomes less effective the more you use it, in our expirence.

Hopefully this shed some insight - I know this is nothing groundbreaking, and easy to achieve for non-tulpamancers as well, however this is the extend that we've studied altering (or more accurately, activating) neurotransmitters / brain chemistry. I may have some words or explainations incorrect - I am not a biologist or medical practitioner by trade. It's important to mention on top of that, I can't be certain how much of this is true activation, and how much is simply placebo. The curse of our kind, I suppose.

Best of luck on your endeavors; we hope your research and practices prove fruitful.
- SnS

Host to a sole Parasite, Shade. Research is in progress, will update when something worth showing has been written.

18 hours ago, Shadow said:

Dopamine: /.../ Haven't found much practical use for this, unfortunately.

*ADHD has entered the chat.*

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

• 6 months later...

Reviving this old post of mine, we havent put in as much work as I'd like but there has been some amount of progress. Main thing to note at this time is following up on the emotion/tulpa conditioning concept we've found that we can remove anger, stress, and adrenaline effects from ourselves by sort of "transfering" it to another tulpa not in front, mainly Ignis who taught me this trick himself. I highly doubt our IW symbolism is what's actually happening but the end result is the same. On the flipside we've found that a tulpa can feel strong emotions the fronter doesn't to the point it bleeds over physical effects such as yet again adrenaline. Emotional bleedover isn't a new thing by any means but it does show that you can build different perspectives that cause different effects on the body which I hypotheize can be turned with intentional effort into triggers for different states using smaller identity shifts like subpersonalities IFS style. It's much easier to set up with more dissociated identity states such as tulpas though so that is something for future experimentation.  We've also found that switching can be quite useful for managing pain as it alllows for dissociation from it between personalities so we handle it in shifts. 

Plenty of more work to do before I feel confident in any findings. I also realize that many of the things I do could and probably should get their own threads eventually if I expand on them. Especially some of the controlled dissociation tricks we're messing with.