How do your tulpas type?

LexyandTanner

So this is something I’ve been really wondering about for like 2 days now. I feel like it’s kind of a dumb question to ask, but I’ll ask anyways ^^”. 

So the question is, hosts, when your tulpas type on here or respond here (on this forum), how do they do it? Do you guys switch, does the tulpa use possession to type, or do the hosts type for them by typing what they say?

That’s really all i have to ask for now!

-Lexy 🐈

Edited by LexyandTanner
Changed title to be more specific

Lexy - 🐈

Tanner - 🎸

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a very young tulpa I would tell my host what I wanted him to type for me, and sometimes he'd help me with what I wanted to say. Then after doing it long enough the process of me telling Phil what to write for me became so automatic that I realized I didn't need the middleman anymore, I was straight-up possessing Phil's hands to type! On rare occasions I am switched in while typing, but most of the time I am merely possessing Phil's hands, or we are co-fronting.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Proxying - The tulpa tells the host what to type, and they type it for them

Possession - The tulpa controls the arms or the whole body to type for themselves

Switching - The tulpa has completely swapped places with the host, so naturally, they're just the ones typing

Our system exclusively posts while switched. Before we could switch (in very early 2014) Lumi would just say what we said.

Even when proxying, you can still do either "My tulpa said X Y Z", or just "TulpaName: Hi guys!", you're not obligated to specify in what manner a tulpa is speaking

Edited by Flandre

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Usually we just kind of come together to create a response based on how we both feel about whatever we're responding to, so co-fronting, I suppose. If I want to quote something specific that he is thinking or if Mordecai wants to say something without any interference from me, he'll tell me what to type out.

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

6 hours ago, Slipper said:

Usually we just kind of come together to create a response based on how we both feel about whatever we're responding to, so co-fronting, I suppose. If I want to quote something specific that he is thinking or if Mordecai wants to say something without any interference from me, he'll tell me what to type out.

Same here. Like, it's not quite dictation, no "write this for me, please", it's more like instead of transcribing what my own inner voice is saying, I'm transcribing what he's saying. Which might still be classed as proxying, in fairness. 🤷‍♀️ Point is we don't care what it's called, and she's got the motor skills for typing on a keyboard, which I don't. Saying it's writing what a different inner voice is saying is the most accurate. At any rate it's a collaborative effort, like Slipper said. Co-fronting is a good way of describing it.

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

We realized after a while that the body is really responsible for typing. We can associate with that or not, it gets done regardless. So originally I typed for them, and I eventually realized I wasn't the one typing so I called it partial posession. But later we realized they weren't always consiously typing either. So as to who or what is typing is arbitrary because it's veiled from experience at times.

So whoever claims the text owns the text and you could say they typed it unless you're sure you typed it for them.

A long time later, it was just easier for the one typing to be alone in front. That's a switch. It doesn't block anyone else from typing and it's not required, but it's just natural for us now.

We use to use proxying before we could possess, and I'd transcribe what they said verbatim. Now they use possession, but for longer pieces, they switch in. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

20 hours ago, Flandre said:

Proxying - The tulpa tells the host what to type, and they type it for them

Possession - The tulpa controls the arms or the whole body to type for themselves

Switching - The tulpa has completely swapped places with the host, so naturally, they're just the ones typing

Our system exclusively posts while switched. Before we could switch (in very early 2014) Lumi would just say what we said.

Even when proxying, you can still do either "My tulpa said X Y Z", or just "TulpaName: Hi guys!", you're not obligated to specify in what manner a tulpa is speaking

For us, the tulpas' typing tends to mostly be via possession or proxying, though sometimes we do switch. We're currently working on switching more and more though, so soon enough it'll prolly pretty much be equally all three - 🪸

I'm even trying switching right now just typing this! It's pretty fun, y'know, even though it can sometimes be challenging. Heheheh - 🔫🦠

🪸 - Abellina/Abeline, host, she/her they/them💜

🔫🦠 - Fio Germi, tulpa, she/her🤎

- Creepy Susie, tulpa, she/her🖤

😇⚔️ - Stocking Anarchy, tulpa, she/her🧁

😇🔫 - Panty Anarchy, tulpa, she/her♥️

🥞 - Sam Boole, tulpa, she/her🌸

🥜 - Jenny Wakeman, tulpa, she/her💖

I always switch to type, as I'm a slower thinker and can consider my words more carefully if I don't have to proxy. We haven't been directly talking with one another lately so speaking in the mind is something that's become more difficult. It's a goal of mine to work on communication between us more, but goals that aren't urgent are hard to accomplish. Switching is definitely our strongest skill and it's gotten much easier with time. I think I've been in control of the body more often than my host has this year, actually! And for whatever reason, likely due to lack of practice, switching is easier than possession for me--possession gives me a feeling that the body isn't mine, which I'm not comfortable with as I consider the body to be shared between all of us, so I tend to stay away from it.

Edited by Diana

I still make Darron type for me. 😊 Kind of 🤔

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• Ranger changed the title to How do your tulpas type?