Working Dark Theme, New Member Role!

Pleeb

First, let's get this out of the way: We now have a working Dark Theme

A security update came out, and I upgraded the forum again.  It utterly destroyed the Surface Dark theme though, which was already on its way out for a while now.  I decided to go ahead and clone the default Invision Community theme, and then tweak the colors.  Consequently, everyone has been forced to the "Light" theme, so you'll need to change it back.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page, look for "Theme", and then select "Dark":

unknown.png

With that out of the way.....

To help keep the peace when a Chat or Forum Mod isn't around, we've decided to try a new staff role, whom on the forums has the ability to hide member content pending moderator deletion/restoration, and on discord has the ability to mute individuals.  As a homage to our IRC days, the name of this new role will be a "Half Op" (or HOP).  I've told the HOPs that they are free to use their best judgement to step in, so if some action needs to be taken in the moment when nobody else is around, they can do.

Mutes are intended to de-escalate a situation if nobody is listening. If you end up being muted by a HOP, whether their judgement call was good or bad, you will not have a strike or any form of punishment against your account due to that mute.  However, there is a chance if you were muted for breaking some rules, a Moderator will likely review the situation once one is actually online.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

impossible, a dark theme that isn't held together with duct tape and bubble gum! it does look nice tho

also HOPs are quite useful, especially on the discord server

o/

system of me (host) & inky (tulpa, assuming he ever wants to talk here)

(edited)

Text being dull gray is a little weird to look at, could we get it closer to white like it was before?

Also,

11 hours ago, Pleeb said:

First, let's get this out of the way: We now have a working Dark Theme

The top of quote boxes completely blends into the rest of the page (in editor too). Should probably be darker or lighter

Only other thing I can think of so far is a nitpick, that the "Browse  Activity" bar at the top of the site stands out a bit too much now. Though the color of similar bars elsewhere like below threads is fine, so idk

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

7 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Text being dull gray is a little weird to look at, could we get it closer to white like it was before?

Also,

The top of quote boxes completely blends into the rest of the page (in editor too). Should probably be darker or lighter

Only other thing I can think of so far is a nitpick, that the "Browse  Activity" bar at the top of the site stands out a bit too much now. Though the color of similar bars elsewhere like below threads is fine, so idk

I think I fixed the background and the text, and "Submit Reply" button as well.  The "Browse   Activity" thing I will have to take a closer look at.

Spoiler

(edited)

Text looks much nicer now, thanks

(Oh, but the names above our PFPs still look gray, if you meant to change that too or not - if I mouse over for my profile, the name color there is a different color gray that I think they're supposed to be)

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It's supposed to be darker, but not as blueish.  I made it a bit more grayish.

Spoiler

(edited)

I preferred the gray text for forum text (with white for members' text)

image.png.752eebf2938d34bd4be8c7cab82b4e82.png

(was changed to)

image.png.193f2c2abad637266670398a75326cb6.png

It makes the content of posts easier to separate from information about the post, like time or title

(Looks like you're still messing with it to maybe find a better fit or something, but I liked how it was in the first pic anyway)

Also the "Just now" (will be "2 minutes ago" etc.) at the top of posts looks like it's part of the written post, don't know what color it was before though

image.png.68d7edd073e7d468b0a852b7f1d2951d.png

Might not be anything reasonable to do about that, could leave it

Edited by Luminesce

Looks good to me