Working Dark Theme, New Member Role!

Pleeb

I can't comment on dark theme because I use light mode. Whoops. 

Who're the HOPs? 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Click the Staff button on the top of the site, under Browse

(HOPs are on bottom)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

A dark theme where you might actually be able to differentiate new posts from old? Much rejoicing here! 💜

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

(edited)

People keep saying that. I guess you guys are using the Condensed view or something?

After the forum software migration I immediately got used to the Expanded view on my "View Today's Posts" setup and now it'd be completely obnoxious to go back to not knowing even vaguely what post I'm about to click on (and I can tell I've already read a most-recent post just by seeing the content of it, not needing to click)

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

10 hours ago, Luminesce said:

People keep saying that. I guess you guys are using the Condensed view or something?

No idea what that is. We use the standard view on a computer? The old dark mode had blue dots next to all threads, not just the ones with new posts in, so it was difficult to see the difference between a new post dot and an old post dot, so we reverted to light mode to not have the "has there actually been a new post here or not?" confusion all the time. This new dark mode only highlights new posts with a blue dot, and on the forum overview it's also easy to see in which subforums new posts are made.

Doc (she/her) = Host

I use this custom activity feed, and on the top right, Expanded view. It annoyed me at first to see previews before clicking, but I had a feeling it would be better in the long run so I stuck with it, and now it'd be really annoying to go back. As well as previewing what a post is going to be like, it also means I can easily tell if there's been a new post or not because I can read what was said (and if you weren't using an activity stream before but just normal forum viewing, then this also has the benefit of ordering posts by recency)

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Yakumo said:

Is there a special reason why the dark theme is only available for those logged in?

It isn't. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page (below the social media icons), where it says "Theme ▼" (and Contact Us and Guidelines) and select dark mode from the dropdown.

Edited by Etna

Doc (she/her) = Host

• 6 months later...

I haven't run into any problems using the dark theme since this update, and when changing the theme in guest mode I don't have issues logging in. Can we make this the default theme of the forums again?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread