Fictional Tulpas?

so We Have a tulpa that is frOm a fictiOnal source. cronus is based on cronus amPora from homestuck. i knoW tHere are peOple with mlp/pOkemon/anime etc tulPas, and am curious on anyones stance on them, or even if anyone has one. :0)

- Xigido Nimare :0) and Cronus Ampora

xigido talksprite.gif

I personally think it is fine to create a tulpa from a fictional character, but in some cases the tulpa might carry over emotional baggage from that character. There is a survey for character-based tulpas if you want to read opinions from those tulpas themselves.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

(edited)

I'm one of those. Not from a cartoon, but an original creation. We're often referred to as Soulbonds. There's a community out there specifically for Souldbonds and their hosts, but not being from any of the aforementioned sources, or having any interest in them, we feel like we have little in common and prefer to engage in discussion here instead. It's at https://soulbonding.boards.net/ but there ain't a lot going on over there.

Edited by Etna

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

Plenty of people have tulpas based on fictional characters; people making tulpas based on MLP is pretty much the main reason tulpamancy blew up online in the first place. Over time it's become less and less common, as the demographic of people doing this has shifted from "making my favorite fictional character alive" to people either looking for an explanation for the sentient beings they've already made (often through their own creative writings) or are interested in the practice of tulpamancy itself.

This doesn't mean that an original tulpa is any better or worse than a fictional character tulpa, just that the norm has changed. Plenty of people still have fictional character tulpas, or ones that take inspiration from fictional characters, sometimes its just hard to tell. Mordecai started as a fictional character but chose to look different over time, which I'm sure many others have as well. 

A lot of the stigma against fictional character tulpas has to do with dedication and reasoning for making the tulpa in the first place. Its hard to tell if the host is making the tulpa in a healthy way (allowing them to become their own person versus a way to process their obsession with a fictional character, for example) which is why some people shy away from choosing a pre-existing form. Again, this isn't bad or indicative of a person's intentions, but its something I personally think about from time to time.

Basically, it's fine to base a tulpa on a fictional character, just be nice to them if they want to change.

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

Janey: Yo, what's up, uhh several of us have the forms of pokemon but like it doesn't really go beyond that, y'know? Ben may be a charizard but it literally doesn't have any influence on anything but his form. So yea. As far as full-on soulbonds, we can't comment. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

I would say it's a rookie mistake (and a free spin at being posted on Reddit) because of all the newbies who just want to make their flavour of the month real but who knows, you might pull through and get a lasting companion anyway. The idol of mine's is a pony.

8 minutes ago, Mel Syreth said:

I would say it's a rookie mistake (and a free spin at being posted on Reddit) because of all the newbies who just want to make their flavour of the month real but who knows, you might pull through and get a lasting companion anyway. The idol of mine's is a pony.

i agree. forms are fine and all, but people who try to get a whole character 1:1 are laughable imo. deviation happens no matter what anyway

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014 

We have two fictives, they are not too different from other tulpas. They sometimes have a phenomenon where their fictional past actually is artificed into real memories for them, but generally thats not a common occurence. There is a close sibling group to tulpas that is majority fictive which is soulbonding, where people obsess with a character so much it becomes alive because the attention acted as a form of forcing. Generally I would not reccomend fictives as tulpas unless you make sure to reassure them of their nature as a tulpa so as to not cause them psychic pain. That being said there is nothing wrong with having fictives at the end of the day.

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

to someone like me, it sounds like a lord of horse shit, but aside from this particular post ill keep my mouth shut 

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014