My imaginary friend and tulpa merged, is this because I hurt my imaginary friend sexually?

i would but i cant because then i would have to tell my parents and i dont know how they will respond because i dont want to be sent to some sort of home because i can be perfectly fine in alot of places and maybe i will just have it live with it and just have chaos in my head and somewhat out side of it because the only person that knows is my brother and he has not told anyone but has threatened me with it

Definitely 100% therapist material. You don't have to tell your parents any particular details really (don't even have to mention imaginary friends), just tell them that you're stressed and need to talk to a therapist about problems, but that you're not comfortable talking to your friends/parents about them

I don't know your parents, but that's a very reasonable request

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(edited)

I agree with what has already been said here. A therapist or a mental health professional would be the best person to talk to about this. You are really distressed and there could be more going on that a therapist or mental health professional would have the training and tools to help you with.

While not therapists, you can also reach out to a crisis line to get some relief. At the very least, they have a collection of resources and would be able to help you get resources to find a mental health professional.

https://www.crisistextline.org/

There's also this guide posted by Mental Health America on finding a therapist. It's okay if you feel overwhelmed, you can reach out to a crisis line professional and they can walk you through it-

https://www.mhanational.org/finding-therapy

I think you are struggling with intrusive thoughts. It can be easy to confuse your tulpa for one, but as I said before, it sounds like there's more going on you need professional help with.

Edit: After doing more research, I found a hotline service that's even better as they specialize in working with minors:

https://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/pages/home.aspx

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Ranger changed the title to My imaginary friend and tulpa merged, is this because I hurt my imaginary friend sexually?

A child of 3 or 4 should not know enough about the details of sex to have sex with their imaginary friend. That is usually a sign of sexual abuse in very young children, and acting out sex with your imaginary friend may have been a way to express trauma if you were sexually abused at such a young age. Sexual abuse can also include being show sexual material by someone older than you, including older siblings, family members, or even older children. But I am not a therapist either, I just recognize the signs of child sexual abuse with your descriptions.

I hope you are able to reach out to a trusted adult with any information you can give them about possible inappropriate behavior you've been subject to, and follow the advice of the others above about reaching out to a professional online, like a crisis hotline. Good luck, kid. 

[align=center]“From my rotting body,

flowers shall grow

and I am in them

and that is eternity.”[/align]

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 3:16 PM, tealeaves said:

Yeah, probably. That's why I suggested seeking therapy.

Alternatively you could try talking it out with your tulpa. That would help.

No don't listen to this @puppy_dog there's nothing wrong with you for having sexual thoughts at that age. It could be a sign of sexual abuse but we have memories of sexual fantasy at that young of an age and it wasn't because we were reenacted what an adult did to us. It was just basically sex without it being explicit, detailed, "sex". It's hard to explain but it's like dreaming about something both obvious yet vague.

As for your question, mindspace can be weird and different thoughtforms can blend. It's not surprising that your imaginary friend and your tulpa might feel the same but different. I dunno if has anything to do with sexuality tho.

So I guess the main issue is that you like having sex with your tulpa and you want to stop? And you said it's "dark" in ways so maybe that's why you want to stop. But if it's something you like doing then it's hard to stop, right? If your tulpa can be reasoned with you can try talking to them. If they can be reasoned with you can make a plan to have self control. Reward yourself for having self control, engage in positive affirmations, and encourage each other to not engage with unwanted thoughts.

If your tulpa can't be reasoned with, that's a problem. If you can't be reasoned with, that's a problem. Other people mentioned talking to a therapist or counselor, so you can do that.

Meaningful words, I'm here!

On 6/22/2022 at 1:28 AM, harvestmoon said:

No don't listen to this @puppy_dog there's nothing wrong with you for having sexual thoughts at that age. It could be a sign of sexual abuse but we have memories of sexual fantasy at that young of an age and it wasn't because we were reenacted what an adult did to us. It was just basically sex without it being explicit, detailed, "sex". It's hard to explain but it's like dreaming about something both obvious yet vague.

As for your question, mindspace can be weird and different thoughtforms can blend. It's not surprising that your imaginary friend and your tulpa might feel the same but different. I dunno if has anything to do with sexuality tho.

So I guess the main issue is that you like having sex with your tulpa and you want to stop? And you said it's "dark" in ways so maybe that's why you want to stop. But if it's something you like doing then it's hard to stop, right? If your tulpa can be reasoned with you can try talking to them. If they can be reasoned with you can make a plan to have self control. Reward yourself for having self control, engage in positive affirmations, and encourage each other to not engage with unwanted thoughts.

If your tulpa can't be reasoned with, that's a problem. If you can't be reasoned with, that's a problem. Other people mentioned talking to a therapist or counselor, so you can do that.

Glad you mentioned this, cause I didn't think it was too odd either. I think a lot of the concern is how detailed whatever they're imagining is. I didn't understand what sex was at that age, but I didn't actually seem to need to. If OP is having those kind of vague sexual thoughts then I'd consider it normal, however, if they've been having detailed sexual fantasies that young I'd consider that a red flag. 

It's very hard to tell what's the right call here. I remember being that young and freaking out over a bunch of things that I now realize aren't that big of a deal. Is OP just nervous about puberty and not sure how to handle it? Was there some kind of abuse that's just now showing up? We can't tell cause we only have one perspective here. 

OP if you come back, really think about your past and present. Have you, and are you, acting outside the norm? Is this causing struggles in your day to day life? If the answers to any of those questions are yes, it may be worth it to reach out to a therapist. If the answers are no, then you're probably okay. It can be really hard to tell what's normal or abnormal for something like that. Your anxiety towards all of that might be what's making your tulpa act strangely. 

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

• 5 months later...

I figured why not speak here about a year later lol. I was very stupid a year or so ago but like yea.  honestly I talked to one of my close friends online and he helped me get though most of the stuff last year and helped me accept who I am. I am thinking about trying to talk to my tulpa although i haven't done it in awhile and maybe I will find my peace there because I cant stop thinking about that. I may or may not do that though. also I forgot my password for my account that's why I am using this. not that you guys probably care but I got through that depressing stage. now I am having more different difficulty's including being cyberbullied but that's fine. :)