The effects of sleeping while forcing/narration?

GravesTC

My title pretty much nails it, but I'll go into a bit more detail:

Firstly, does talking to your Tulpa count as forcing? I try to sever communication with Lily whenever I'm going to go to sleep because of the whole ''it causes detrimental effects'' and I'm pretty sure she doesn't approve of it because of something she said last night.

Secondly, what could happen if you fall asleep forcing? Is it just creepypasta or there is there some truth?

A response asap would be preferred because I'm not in favour of displeasing her further.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Edit: if am doing it while visualizing my wonderland and we are actively talking back and forth, then yes i do count that as forcing. but talking to her

while doing day to day task i don't consider forcing, just giving her the minimal needed attention to have her survive.

I find it very hard to tulpaforce when am tired/sleepy. as it makes it hard to focus.

because of this i don't tend to force at all while going to bed, not because of the suppose "detrimental effects" (which i believe is half Bull-Shit)

2)when you sleep while tulpaforcing some people says that your tulpa may become trapped in your dreams, sometimes these dreams can be quite

"unpleasant" to the tulpa.

I have no first hand experience with this with Oguigi(tulpa) but I hope my answers helped.

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

>Firstly, does talking to your Tulpa count as forcing?

Yes.

>Secondly, what could happen if you fall asleep forcing?

You'll tear a hole in the fabric of space and time and destroy two thirds of the universe.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

You'll tear a hole in the fabric of space and time and destroy two thirds of the universe.

Sounds like something I'd do. I'm quite accident prone. lol

1. What they said

2. What they said has been the experience of some. There are also plenty of people, including myself, who don't encounter any issues when it happens. Obviously don't TRY to fall asleep while forcing, but I wouldn't advise letting any worries deter you from getting some quality forcing in just because you're a bit sleepy.

Well, narration is very important, some (including myself) think it may very well be more important than forcing, however you should still force regularly especially if you don't narrate much at this point.

About sleeping, some tuppers find it to be rather disconcerting or uncomfortable, perhaps even annoying. Some like Charles don't have any issues with it. Most are pretty understanding about it and accept that shit happens, even if they are affected by it and don't like it. Either way, I don't think it really has any detrimental effects per say, as in it won't hurt them or anything.

Some have voiced the opinion that falling asleep while forcing only negatively affects your tupper if YOU think it will, which kinda makes sense, just like the theory that intrusive thoughts only affect tuppers if YOU think it will.

Falling asleep while forcing probably isn't something you should aim for, and you should probably not bother trying to force if you're like dead tired and know you won't be able to stay awake. But other than that, like Charles said I wouldn't let the fear of falling asleep prevent you from getting a good forcing session in.

I have not been able to communicate with April yet to ask her how certain things like this affect her, so I don't know for sure. So take my advice with a grain of salt.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

I've heard of 2 things that can happen: One is the subconscious messing with the tulpa's form while you sleep, sort of just playing with it while she's paralyzed and unable to resist is -- this can be traumatizing. The other is making weird and potentially scary things happen in the wonderland, typically storms or something of the sort.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)