Thoughts on Tulpa Pride Flags and Symbols

Ranger

(edited)

Inspired by this thread, and Flandre's post:

5 hours ago, Flandre said:

There would more likely be an overarching plurality flag or symbol. As of 2020 none were particularly established though, this Reddit post goes over the various. I like the ampersand (&) symbol personally, if I had to choose, but...

We don't really care for pride flags. Everything past the basic rainbow is just excessive IMO

I'm not sure about getting a flag with stripes, but I do like the ampersand (&) symbol. Even just a plain black ampersand on a white flag could be cool, and it's a symbol that can be snuck into things. I also find it infinity hilarious admins on Discord get an ampersand shield icon, I doubt it was intentional given it's intended as a nod to the IRC days.

Come to think of it, I don't know if there's a generic T everyone uses for tulpas. A lot of people stick to a T, but they change it in some way to make it fancy.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Pride movement tends to be to do with sexuality and such, specifically the kinds of sexualities that used to be at best taboo and at worst criminalised in places where it's now legal. I don't really see how Tulpamancy fits into that, unless the "+" on the end of the acronym is meant to include people who'd class themselves as "tulpasexual", which is probably more of a subcategory of Tulpamancy than anything else. I don't really see the point of lumping it in with "Pride", when that's an already established thing in itself for something entirely different. Having some kind of "International Tulpamancy Day" or similar would make more sense to me.

At the same time, I'm aware of there being a "Geek Pride Day" which has nothing to do with sexuality, it's just about being proud of being a geek. (But it doesn't have a flag, unless you count the towel, because it's also Towel Day. And my birthday! 🥳)

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

Have you not heard of black pride, or other racial/national prides lol?

Plurality is taboo, and that's the point of pride movements.

We still think pride flags (past the standard LGBT+ rainbow) are dumb, but they're not meaningless.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I do like the concept of celebrating tulpamancy and plurality in general. Plurality is more complicated than sexuality and gender identity, I'm fine with it being its own cause instead of getting lumped in with LGBT+. However, I should point out a lot of tulpamancers are already in the LGBT+ community, it could happen whether we like it or not.

I'm not really sure how modern society will accept plurality. Obviously anyone over the age of 35 becomes far less likely to be accepting of plurality, but that's because there's actually a lot of saturation of plurality on Discord, Tumblr, and TicTok. Unfortunately the old as time drama about non-traumatic plurality is still a thing, and I think it's significant enough that it will distort what people know. Then again, a lot of our society thinks Moon Knight is cool, so I don't know. I'm pretty sure we will get backlash eventually, but until older generations know what tulpamancy is, it's going to be hard to get the "woke" label until then

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I'm a bit in the middle. While I think it would be cool to publicly celebrate plurality, I don't know if I personally would fit it in with LGBT things. Just because a lot of plural people are LGBT, doesn't mean that plurality is inherently a LGBT thing, if that makes any sense. I wouldn't consider myself plural in the same way I consider myself bisexual, although my reasons why are admittedly not very sensical. 

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

😊 Darron is a tulpase-

ehem. I think plurality is good on its own. Branding can quickly overtake the cause. For example LGBTQ or LGBT with a + supercedes the things lumped into the plus symbolicly. I understand strength in numbers but I would want each individual party to be acknowledged individually. 

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

We think a flag would be kinda silly since this is all about the internal. We don't want to be wrapped up in other groups or politics, just another way to sour the community.

The cool breeze flowed through our hair like a ethereal stream as we sat among the shore, looking into the dream.

Thorn, the host, budding in here:

Pride flags, in my opinion, are exclusive to sexualities and gender identities, because that's what the LGBTQ+ community is for. People of the LGBTQ+ cannot live their lives to their fullest potential if they cannot be out to be people about their sexualities and gender identities, this is not the case for neurodivergency, tulpamancy, alter-humanity, and so forth. The autism community has done multiple attempts to be included in pride, but this never really worked out for this exact reason. Pride is created for the purpose to embrace who you are, not to show pride over a hobby/practice (aka tulpamancy). 

Therians (people who identify as a non-human animal on a non-physical level) use the Theta-Delta, which is a symbol to indicate their experience. In the community, any attempts to get a pride flag for therianthropy is usually declined quickly. I'm totally fine with the use of a symbol, and I think either of the T's used so far (the logo for tulpa.info and whatever varieties), should be fine. Although it would be nice if we came to the conclusion to use only one official symbol. I feel like this forum should have great enough audience to make an official decision on that.

97535705_nobackgroundsmall.png.82b2ffc104004261f31975002d5db588.png

~ 𝒁̲̅𝒆̲̅𝒏̲̅𝒐̲̅