The Ultimate Tulpa Guide

o7

This is not your guide, passing it off as your own work would be plagiarism.

Quickly looking at it, you copied and pasted large parts of the Tulpa.info website and JDBar's famous visualization guide. I don't have time to go through the whole guide, but I wouldn't be surprised if other sections are written by someone else.

You can use other people's guides as a rough outline for your general guide, but keep in mind that this should only be used as a starting point and not a final product.

If you need help writing your own guide, feel free to PM me and I can help you get started. I can't do it today, but I have time tomrrow.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

i clearly said it in the intro of the document

9 hours ago, Ranger said:

This is not your guide, passing it off as your own work would be plagiarism.

Quickly looking at it, you copied and pasted large parts of the Tulpa.info website and JDBar's famous visualization guide. I don't have time to go through the whole guide, but I wouldn't be surprised if other sections are written by someone else.

You can use other people's guides as a rough outline for your general guide, but keep in mind that this should only be used as a starting point and not a final product.

If you need help writing your own guide, feel free to PM me and I can help you get started. I can't do it today, but I have time tomrrow.

i clearly said it in my intro

The content from this guide is taken from other guides and combined them. Some parts are written by me.

I realized I did have some time tonight. And I am not happy with what I found.

I reviewed the entire document and found most, if not all of it, was plagiarized content from other guides. In this Google Doc, I highlighted all of the content that came from either other guide writers or the tulpa.info main website. Given the 20 pages of content in the document, you may own the following content:

The Ultimate Tulpa Guide - By o7

Hello! I am o7. I got interested in Tulpa’s and wanted to write a guide about it. Here I am!

I present to you : The ULTIMATE Tulpa Guide

This guide consists in : Creating a Tulpa, Creating a Wonderland and important info about Tulpa’s and Wonderlands.

The content from this guide is taken from other guides and combined them. Some parts are written by me.

Chapters:
[...]

What Is A Wonderland?

A Wonderland is an imaginary world that you can access by closing your eyes and imagining it. It can be however you want and how big you want.

[...]

That's all folks! Enjoy your Tulpa!

The rest of the content was either directly copied and pasted or summarized. Given your single vague comment:

You fail to give credit to any of the original guide authors or the Tulpa.info main website. Reading this comment, I have no idea who actually wrote the majority of the content you copied and pasted.

To say, "Some parts are written by me." is misleading at best and lying at worst. Yes, you wrote the main introduction and the very last sentence of the guide, and it is possible you wrote that definition for a wonderland since I couldn't find another source for it. However, given the rest of the guide was plagiarized, I have very little trust that you actually wrote that section of the guide.

Additionally, you only mention this comment in your Google Doc, on here you say this is "a guide you made". This is not your guide, you did not make this content.

While I don't expect guide authors to cite their sources in an academic format like APA, I expect the bare minimum of giving another author credit or a solid attempt at providing them credit. Plagiarism is not only disrespectful towards the guide writers you plagiarized, it is disrespectful towards me and all other tulpamancers to assume we can't figure out who the original authors are.

Additionally, submitting this document as is would be a complete waste of everyone's time as most of these guides can be found on Tulpa.info. You are not only not contributing to what we know about tulpamancy, you are not even submitting your own work.

As I said before, you can organize a document like this for personal use. If you would like to write your own guide, collecting the ideas you like from other guides can help you figure out your personal style of tulpamancy and act as the foundation for your guide. I was surprised by the variety of guides you selected. Some are well known others are not, and one guide I couldn't find and needed to fetch an archive link to cite. Given the way you plagiarized, I can tell you spent more time looking at guide content than most beginners. You do have the potential to write a great guide, but this is the starting point, not the finished product.

Considering the new guide system I plan on replacing the GAT with, I plan on adding a drafting component and I think this mindset about drafting would greatly improve your situation. I want you to think of this as brainstorming or a first draft, and that you can not only develop something you can call your own, but create a really good guide. You can make a great guide on tulpamancy, but it starts with getting your ideas down. Even if it's messy, even if it's not pretty, even if it doesn't seem good for whatever reason, I would much rather read a first draft than a document with copied and pasted guide content. With a first draft, I and others can give you constructive feedback and then the quality of your guide will improve. I cannot give you feedback on plagiarized content.

My offer remains- I can help you write a guide, or even just to help you get started by giving you ideas and direction. But until you get your ideas down one way or another, I will not change my stance on your submission.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread