concerned about time it takes to switch

So here is my concern, as of late it has been taking longer and longer to switch out from who is fronting. previously we could switch near instantly and was very fast. but now it takes between 30 seconds to 1 minute to switch and on the occasion maybe a minute and a half.

please give your oppinion on the matter

signed Gale

Jay (Host), Trinity (Tulpa)

Do you guys switch often still? For us it used to get a little harder/slower if we didn't switch much for a long while, but stayed easy as long as we switched every so often

though in the last couple years or so it's stayed permanently easy for us, but I guess that happens eventually when most tulpas in your system are over 12 years old lol

(our host just switched with Tewi who hadn't switched in like 8 months, which in the past would've made it take WAY longer, like multiple minutes, but now it wasn't any harder or slower than normal)

so, just practice and as you guys get more experience and the tulpa(s) in your system grow more cemented in the brain long-term, things should get easier, with only a small "penalty" for when you're more out of practice

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

13 minutes ago, Lucilyn said:

Do you guys switch often still? For us it used to get a little harder/slower if we didn't switch much for a long while, but stayed easy as long as we switched every so often

though in the last couple years or so it's stayed permanently easy for us, but I guess that happens eventually when most tulpas in your system are over 12 years old lol

(our host just switched with Tewi who hadn't switched in like 8 months, which in the past would've made it take WAY longer, like multiple minutes, but now it wasn't any harder or slower than normal)

so, just practice and as you guys get more experience and the tulpa(s) in your system grow more cemented in the brain long-term, things should get easier, with only a small "penalty" for when you're more out of practice

well im not a tulpa, we only have one in the system and that is trinity, but before a month ago i was really the only one who fronted for like 2 months, but we've been switching in and out multiple times throughout the day

I remember a time when we spoke to some elders in the community who accused us of faking it because we switch instantly. It was as if it didn't take a minute to 20 minutes then it wasn't real. 

If the one who's associated most with the body is the sticky one, that's probably pretty reasonable. We had to put in a little effort to make sure Bear wasn't still there. The body is so strongly associated to him that it feels like him.

perhaps that is it, but we do feel very dysphoric with the body and everything so i am going to assume what you mean by associated with the body is who is considered the host as we have had a host change. 

Which would be Anjali

-Gale 

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I remember a time when we spoke to some elders in the community who accused us of faking it because we switch instantly. It was as if it didn't take a minute to 20 minutes then it wasn't real. 

If the one who's associated most with the body is the sticky one, that's probably pretty reasonable. We had to put in a little effort to make sure Bear wasn't still there. The body is so strongly associated to him that it feels like him.