Reopening the tulpa.info wiki and overhauling it

The Tulpa.info wiki is closed and quite frankly has horrible definitions and outdated terminology all over it. The general layout is poor and I think if we are still linking to it we should get it up to speed and improve it. Currently the alternatives are Tulpa.io's wiki which has problems and Pluralpedia which I think we can all agree probably isn't what we want to use for tulpamancy related term searching. 

I think bringing it back would be a wise decision and I would be happy to help rewrite pages in my free time and add more. I know this forum has a problem of over discussing changes so while I do want this to be discussed I hope you all will see where I come from and agree any change is better than leaving it as is. 

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

11 hours ago, Michael Blackwater said:

The Tulpa.info wiki is closed and quite frankly has horrible definitions and outdated terminology all over it.

the glossary is fine, there's nothing wrong with it (other than parallel processing lol, which no one has ever agreed on how to define)

idk if a wiki is necessary in the first place though

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

In general, I think having a dedicated glossary will always be doomed to have its problems. Not everyone agrees on what all of these terms mean, there will always be criticisms regardless of who writes them. For getting the basic idea it's good enough for now.

However, if you all submitted your own glossary I would be interested in reading it. I'm personally not interested in creating universal definitions for tulpamancy but I am interested to see how you think these terms should be defined.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

You two do realize the wiki is bigger than the glossary right? Also they could use more in depth discussion on each term beyond a blurb. Actual wiki pages are as long as they are for a reason. 

I wouldn't mind rewriting the glossary if you're actually interested Ranger, I'll put some time aside in the next week or two. 

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

• 1 month later...

I saw this thread again and then I had an idea.

Is it possible to have multiple wikis? It would be interesting to see what definitions are put up year by year and how they change over time. However, it would be open to everyone and not just one person.

I'm not ready to mess with the Wiki right now, it's just an idea that came to mind and something I could potentially plan for in the future.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread