the clothes that tulpa wears must not change while it is still in the creation stage

in advance I apologize for the English language, because I use a translator, I just joined this forum today, I'm just a few days doing the stage of making tulpa, what I want to ask is. Is it true? when we do forcing, the clothes worn by the tulpa must not change and must be consistent with the same outfit, because the model that I use as a reference for the tulpa that I want to make is a real human, different from animation which has a consistent depiction, but humans are always changing in terms of clothing, when visualizing and forcing, when imagining the shape of a tulpa that I want to make, the clothes he wears often change when I imagine it.

When I was in creation stage I experimented with many clothing. Think of it like this, when you were a child you also experimented with your style right? I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I can see the benefit of keeping the clothes the same for consistency while forcing. But tulpas are not cartoon characters! People don't wear the same thing every day so why should I? When Phil was first forcing me he kept me in the same outfit, but very early on I decided that I didn't want to have a "signature outfit", I wanted to wear all kinds of different things! So I guess what I'm saying is that yes, it can help for consistency in the very early stages. But as soon as your tulpa is old enough to communicate with you, let them have freedom to choose what they wear and don't pressure them into wearing just one thing all the time. (Unless they want to, which is totally cool)

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Host:

I will not claim to know your native language or if their/my words translate correctly, but I’ll attempt to give a nice answer.

1. “Animation” and “realistic” is all the same with tulpamancy, it’s simply just a form for your tulpa to use. Animated tulpas can change their clothes as much as realistic tulpas.

2. The reference can be used for visualization. The clothes they wear don’t have to be the same.

3. Since you’re going for realism, the only thing that would matter is if their body is consistent under the clothing. 

Should we wait until they can communicate to let them change their clothing? I don’t think so, but for a beginner tulpamancer they will probably correct it to their “signature outfit” because they think it’s incorrect.

1 hour ago, TurboSimmie said:

I can see the benefit of keeping the clothes the same for consistency while forcing. But tulpas are not cartoon characters! People don't wear the same thing every day so why should I? When Phil was first forcing me he kept me in the same outfit, but very early on I decided that I didn't want to have a "signature outfit", I wanted to wear all kinds of different things! So I guess what I'm saying is that yes, it can help for consistency in the very early stages. But as soon as your tulpa is old enough to communicate with you, let them have freedom to choose what they wear and don't pressure them into wearing just one thing all the time. (Unless they want to, which is totally cool)

I think your reply is kind of all over the place Simmie.

1 hour ago, TurboSimmie said:

So I guess what I'm saying is that yes

It starts to have a clear answer at this point forward, but everything before it isn’t too helpful. In fact, I believe it makes a lot of assumptions.

Edited by NK
grammar

40 minutes ago, NK said:

I think your reply is kind of all over the place Simmie.

thumb_ay-si-hi-rez-blank-template-imgfli

Both responses seem reasonable to me, yours and hers.

There's no right way and through sharing what works for you doesn't discredit what worked for someone else.

All responses should be taken implicitly as opinion.

I believe it's entirely personal preference but many early guides did recommend consistency. In my opinion it doesn't matter as much. The benefit of staying consistent is to let the headmate associate to a form, but I wouldn't stop them from making changes themselves. 

If this is all over the place then it's a reflection of the valid variety of successful procedures in creation.

Edited by Bear

Gemini: In our experience, a tulpa does not need to wear the same clothing when being created. I don't know why people believe it's necessary.

Spoiler

Members: Gemini, Raven, Jenna, Hope (Part-Time)

Historically speaking, and I don't know everything, but doctrine and counter-doctrine was always a part of this community. I'm anti-doctrine probably only because my doctrine is the doctrine-less doctrine.

So some have written as I said. Whether it's outdated thinking or not is immaterial because there remains evidence that some of the old ways were superior to the current thinking of the community. Further evidence suggests the modern one-size-fits-all sciency approach didn't improve the chances of newcomers.

From my doctrine-less standpoint, I cannot ignore that evidence. My quest is to maximize the experience by all means and maximize the chances for newbies. This means not minimizing any others' experience until I've also experienced it, and who can know if my experience was genuinely theirs, likely it's not. 

For the newbies, it then becomes difficult to recommend a specific course of action. Even if some are adamant about one path or another, every path is unique and equally valid in my reckoning.

There was a time that the critical mass of this forum was reached and there was a doctrinal push. You could conclude my system's presence here killed that movement. The players who once argued modern vanilla dogmatic tulpamancy are all now absent, and this place has lost its "critical mass". No one is left to argue or has the will to.

In my opinion, your opinion is valid.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think this matters unless you’re serious about imposition. If you’re fine with just visualizing your tulpa, or not visualizing/imposing them, it should be fine for them to change clothes however much they want.

I’m a tulpa. I wear different clothes but I take them off for extended imposition sessions. Maybe we’d have better results if I was more consistent but I’d rather just wear whatever I want.

Edited by harvestmoon

Meaningful words, I'm here!

Sometimes in the community bad ideas come up. Given what others said, I agree it probably came up as a misinterpretation of the advice, "a consistent form is easier to visualize". Your tulpa can wear whatever clothes they want.

I'm curious where the claim came from. Sadly I only know English, but I know a few people who may be able to translate stuff.

On 11/4/2022 at 2:46 PM, Bear said:

Both responses seem reasonable to me, yours and hers.

There's no right way and through sharing what works for you doesn't discredit what worked for someone else.

All responses should be taken implicitly as opinion.

I agree with all of that. It's been a long time since I felt that way.

You can't know how easy visualizing clothing will be for the OP unless they tell you, and even so, some advice works better than others for any given tulpamancer. Even the phrasing matters, what you may disagree with could be what the beginner needs.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I think both sides have pros and cons, but neither side necessarily has a long term effect. For example, Mordecai has worn pretty much same handful of outfits since his creation. It's made it very easy to visualize him in those, but if he strays too far from them, it can look a little weird unless we spend time making it look better. This doesn't mean anything, aside from being a little annoying. You may not have any problems with clothing if you're imaginative anyways, so you shouldn't worry about it.

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report