Sys. Corp. Art and Whatever

Ranger

I think we're ready to have a dedicated art thread now. We're at least producing... something? Every now and then, and I think we have enough confidence to semi-regularly update this. We have some older art too, but we can add that in over time.

Don't expect anything fancy anytime soon, we consider very raw sketches to be huge accomplishments.

Since this is the OP, I'll start off with our updated system doodle- this includes everyone in the system as of now (1/24/24).

SystemShadowSilhouettes_12-19-23.thumb.png.1901611284e91ff712f2392d91502c8f.png

From left to right, top to bottom: Moltosha, Adriel, Jared/Jerry, Evergreen, Exabier, Fhern, Me, Ian, Dream, and Gray.

Feel like a headmate you remember is missing or you want to see our picture's changes over time? Check out the master silhouette post here!

I do have something new that I like the progress of so far- A drawing of Chrome. I think I'm going to take a break from it though. It's a more involved work for sure, I'm putting quite a bit of thought in the base sketch. So far the major adjustments include shrinking the body so the head isn't too small (a problem you'll see in older works, don't worry) and several tweaks to make the torso look more realistic

Spoiler

image.png?width=420&height=676

If this version (Discord image) didn't work, try this version:

image.png

Edit: 1/24/24

Okay the first one doesn't seem to point to Discord, and the second one doesn't seem to point to anything. Which is weird because, well, they're still there. For all I know they're being hosted by the shadow realm.

I took a new screenshot of this sketch and I plopped it here, just in case the shadow realm collapses or something.

image.thumb.png.0944b43b899e16c67a47eaf0b5168767.png

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

5 hours ago, Slipper said:

These are great! You rarely see large systems drawn together at once so this is really nice.

Thank you!

Come to think of it, I can't think of a work of art with 5+ headmates of the same system in it...

Actually, I know one guy who did. He sent it to me privately, I don't want to share it without his permission.

49 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

That's really cool! 😁 I like your minimalist style and your colors!

We honestly don't know who made that one. Given how simple it is probably Gray. At the very least, we know for sure that Gray added in Ian when he integrated.

Speaking of ms paint doodles, Gray made this in the middle of class at one point. It's one of my favorite pictures of myself.

unknown.png

File upload:

Spoiler

unknown-19.png.98d8f550e74b6b764a0a567102d0bf76.png

I don't have any new updates yet.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 2 weeks later...

On my continuing quest to making a new pfp-

I realized I could possibly make a splatter rainbow hippo like the one I have on Discord right now:

image.png.65be43ceb03d4995129d861bcab98b2a.png

So I made a custom map, gave it a spin, aaaaaaand

(This one is a little busier, so in a spoiler for those with sensitive eyes)

Spoiler

image.png.7979974061d62e5152cfc443cccf9d5f.png

It is cool, but I'm not a huge fan of the colors I picked

I may give it a second go, but honestly I had mixed feelings about this even with my Discord pic.

A little while ago I

*checks date*

almost 3 weeks ago??? It was that long ago?

Almost 3 weeks ago I took another shot at making a new hippo pfp. I gave up on the attempt, this was the final rough outline I had before I gave up-

Spoiler

image.png.6cfed032f1ba584873b0f3f79c9f3780.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 7:54 PM, TurboSimmie said:

Ooh, colorful hippo! 😁 I hope you can get the colors to your liking because I really like the idea of what you're doing!

I gave it another go realizing I may simply need to try a different set of colors. I did just that and I'm happy enough with the end result I decided to use it as my color scheme.

image.png

Edit: No idea why this hippo's source is nothing, so uh... here's a back-up:

Spoiler

HippoHug_IceColorDent_12-26-22.thumb.png.129bb23bf114b3a6be071015e7a8109e.png

I also have been working on and off of this picture of Ryan and Blue. Still very much a WIP but I like where it's going and I don't want to give up on it. My goal is to get this cleaned up and colored in

Spoiler

image.png.7fd8b9885852581d2d51dee5aa9cf18f.png

Edited by Ranger

Ooh wow I love it! 😍 The color palate you've used reminds me of the evening skies in winter, something that has a lot of warm and sentimental memories wrapped up in for me. 🥰

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)
On 12/26/2022 at 12:33 PM, Ranger said:

I also have been working on and off of this picture of Ryan and Blue. Still very much a WIP but I like where it's going and I don't want to give up on it. My goal is to get this cleaned up and colored in

Yeah I didn't finish that. It doesn't always work out 😓

I'm not sure if I'll come back to it or not.

By playing around with Paint.net's hue adjustment options, I figured out how to do recolors. This is one of my latest recolor attempts:

elCLc3m.png

Forum attachment

Spoiler

image.png.215fdb74e5fa222d9132f8c3f864bf63.png

I remember talking about shiny pokémon on Discord and Mod Picky gave me the idea of giving Persian a more distinct shiny recolor.

If you look really closely you can see the errors I made, but I wasn't exactly going for perfection or anything. Plus, I didn't feel like going through the tedious effort of fixing the incorrect pixels. Also the leg shadow on the recolor is a little weird, but I didn't really know what to do about that.

I guess I'm going to stick with the theme of making more sketches of my headmates even though I'm not finished with previous stuff. I guess I said I liked the last sketch I was working on with Ryan and Blue, but I really like this sketch of Exabier and Blue I'm working on:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.01741baa3e18d9a0e4ff8e3d91c5360b.png

I was thinking of when Exabier and Blue were doing a mini desert rp.

No promises on updates.

On the topic of Exabier, Gray drew him before. This is a picture of him we often show people, even though he well... perhaps doesn't look as masculine as he does in my most recent sketch.

Ra8xZct.jpg

Forum attatchment

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3a80514b29b869426953b8309668d2d7.png

I still feel bad I'm scared to look at other people's art threads. When I see an art thread, I want to see everything, and I have the urge to comment something more meaningful than "that's cool!" on everything. I found that most of the time I ultimately end up doing less than that on Discord where I just react to someone's art with an emoji to show I at least saw it. I also fear that I'll come across as selective and rude just by looking at one person's art over another. I tried fixing this by leaving a note in my signature, but nobody has asked me to look at their art and in retrospect it's easy to see why- who wants to feel pressured to sell themselves like that. I don't know what to do about it right now. I wanted to put this here because people are posting and looking at my system's art and I don't know how to give them back the appreciation they gave me.

Thanks for reading and posting, you're stronger than me lol. I'm more than happy to look at art, doodles, or whatever in PMs/DMs or just dropped in a conversation on LOTPW or wherever if you see this message.

Edited by Ranger

• Ranger changed the title to Sys. Corp. Art and Whatever