Tulpa... Discussion?

Ranger

I don't know what this thread is. I may talk about tulpamancy here. I may move or merge this thread. I honestly have no clue.

I just want a place to blabel about tulpa related stuff without having to think too hard. I have a PR but I don't think a portfolio of random thoughts is a PR. And I realized LOTPW is not a good place for it. And of course, since it's a Lounge thread (right now), I don't care if things get derailed and suddenly we're talking about bus memes. Although you may want to do that in LOTPW where more people are probably reading.  But because it could be derailed by bus memes or anything else I don't want to move it to GD. Hence this awkward on-topic but scattered Lounge thread.

With that out of the way, may the tulpamancing begin! (Or memes, who knows)

Parrotnoia feels like this black box to me. We know how to help people with it, it seems like a mindset issue at its core, and yet I keep finding myself dumbfounded that more often than not it's not the advice that helps people in the long run but the reassurance.

I do have hopes that parrotnoia can be cracked, but I wonder if the environment tulpamancy itself exists in is part of the story. There's a lot of insecurity and doubt in tulpamancy in general, and I remember one person telling me that they had someone not have as severe if any parrotnoia because they accepted tulpamancy at face value.

Deep down though I can't jump on the train "just believe!" I feel like it doesn't make sense when people can't think about things given that pretty much everything else in tulpamancy can be at least thought about. I know that belief is easy can be good, but for an obscure practice such as this where I see people struggling to problem solve or think for themselves, I don't think easy is good at all.

It would change things if there was scientific legitimacy behind any of this. It would completely shake up the environment and the parrotnoia scape may become an entirely different thing. I look forward to that change, I'll be fascinated if things change or even not at all.

Until then, I feel like I'm at square one.

Definitely more personal but not sure where else to put this.

I'm stuck. I want to practice parallel processing. I initially wanted to make tests and videos of parallel processing to try and prove something. And since then I have felt more frustrated and bogged down by the fact such a thing would be very difficult to do and not chop up to much. But there are at least a couple people who don't want me to give up. I may have hit a low point on this project but I inspired people. I'll continue to do it for them, because that's pretty much what I wanted from the start- something to inspire others, to invigorate a conversation and discussion.

Thus, that leads me to my project "tests". I have high expectations because I don't want people to accuse me of cheating. The problem is it's hard to craft a test without writing some kind of program. But even if I wrote a program, how can I set it up so people can trust my results? The issue here is I'm both the investigator and the guinea pig.

Which brought into light a second problem- me being the test subject. Suppose I craft some tests to prove or disprove parallel processing. Since we have really garbage reaction time and we process information really slowly, the test would need to be tuned to our reaction time. But another person taking the same test may cheese it because they just think faster than we do.

On that thought... If the test did an initial reaction test and then changed the settings for the next round, then perhaps that issue would go away.

Although that leaves the problem of me being both the test subject and the investigator. And if I'm right parallel processing and switching are similar, then I'll know a lot more about parallel processing once I can actually do it.

I feel like there was one test that I did already that seemed pretty good. I had people ask Gray and I questions and it went over pretty badly. Prior to that, we tried out some parallel processing tools.

Perhaps that is enough. No matter what I do, my claims will have little legitimacy as long as I'm both the test subject and the tester. But if I craft the tests, be transparent about how they are designed, and encourage people to replicate, perhaps a more solid claim can be made.

As for myself, I already have ideas to parallel process and I really really really want to try them out. I don't think me testing myself should be a roadblock to achievement because it won't really matter, but I still am interested in keeping these tests around.

Guide material. The stuff I want to read but I really want an audience for. But an audience doesn't want to be there because it's guide material.

I think guides are under appreciated, but I can see why. If you want to answer a question little nuggets of wisdom are only appealing if they're relevant. And even I can't say I read guides in my free time just for the sake of reading them. I will read something if I know the author or someone draws attention to it, otherwise I want to turn it into a talking point and if I can't then I don't want to read it either. As a former GAT manager it's interesting to read the old GAT comments, but other people aren't going to have that context.

I guess it goes to show that I have a different mindset than a lot of other people. Yes, I overcomplicate things and I add a lot of structure other people find unnecessary. But I don't know how many people see tulpamancy as a dance. A dance you can perfect, but is also a medium that is not limited by what is known. While people sometimes say tulpamancy is all figured out I think we're just scratching the surface. Almost coming up on my 5th official birthday, I would like to claim I'm not a very good dancer. That there is so much more potential and learning to do that 5 years from now I will achieve things I never thought I could. 

The only problem is I'm slow. And depressed. The latter I have ideas for how to fix, but the former... It's going to be awhile before I post my possession guide, let alone the switching one. But I hope as I get more comfortable writing, I'll hit a point where I can crank out material I'm happy with at a faster pace, or at least, maybe once a year I'll publish something good.

If anyone figures out how to visualize while completely brain fried ping me. That's pretty much our visualization in a nutshell right now. Although we forgot to write it down we did wonderland with Ryan? Successfully for a little bit. I still want to test the advice in that guide before I put out a rough draft 

(Yes this is a sharp turn and it was supposed to be a separate topic but bear with me)

I think our touch imposition is actually getting stronger. Go figure if you practice it you'll get results. It's not mind-blowing but we have had some pretty surreal moments at times.

Although like visualization itself, you really need to think about what it feels like to be touched?

Actually, do you? I realized that people can report surreal experiences when dreaming or dissociated. You don't think about what something feels like, you just kinda feel it.

There's got to be some way people are experiencing sensory information beyond the literal senses. And if you just do it...

I see where this is going.

Parallel processing (not an off-topic segway I promise) is about supposedly experiencing something outside of the err... SOC (stream of consciousness)? So ofc by nature wonderlanding, recreating the senses without actually feeling anything from the senses, is going to be related.

Why didn't I think about this before? That would explain why parallel processing, visualization, and wonderlanding go together.

So you need to experience! But how. Well, with switching you just need to know what you want, have that hopefully be obtainable, and fix things so you can do what you want. You need to allow yourself to switch, in other words. So you need to allow yourself to parallel process, to experience.

Oh, and before I forget- no I don't want to argue if it's real or not. I'll keep it short and sweet and say I don't think it's what it's cracked up to be but I think it's a distinct experience. There is literally an entire mega thread over if parallel processing is real or not, go read that one and argue over there.

If you're curious about exactly what experience, check out my thread here. It's older but unless I update it I'm pretty sure it's what knowledge I'm working with right now.

If you want to try out parallel processing ideas tell us about it here.

If you have any parallel processing test ideas tell me about it here.

I don't want to end this post with a bunch of links so I'll briefly talk about merging instead.

Gray and I haven't merged in awhile. And to be frank we probably forgot how we did it. It's hard to mess around with that given everything else and the fact we have a lot of integration going on in our system.

I don't really want to ramble about integration, maybe another time, but for merging I do feel it's both explored and also not. I have some theory stuff I should really put as a guide ..

Once upon a time I thought I would publish little opinion essays on tulpamancy. This didn't happen. The reason is because aside from not wanting to publish controversial stuff out the gate, I kept writing myself guide material! Which is not actually what I wanted, but if you're having tulpamancer writer's block, it does work! And I haven't published said "guide" I more or less wrote on parrotnoia because I don't know if I agree with it and I was too busy wrangling myself over creation content which I did end up resolving actually. Although it's more of an overview... No... It's not...? I really need to look over it I don't remember.

Well... I guess there's this entire post. I'm going to call it, I literally came full circle here.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

You know...I was actually tossing around the idea of starting a "General tulpamancy chat" thread not long ago. This is a good call, Ranger! 😁

(I'll respond more fully when I have some more time. 👍)

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Just now, TurboSimmie said:

You know...I was actually tossing around the idea of starting a "General tulpamancy chat" thread not long ago. This is a good call, Ranger! 😁

We really do think alike on a lot of stuff

2 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

(I'll respond more fully when I have some more time. 👍)

Heh, you don't have to respond to my entire textwall. I have done mega response posts before, (like Pleeb's parallel processing thread) and it gets brutal.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

(edited)

Alrighty I have a plan for the parallel processing tests:

• I want to try the Toontown test idea I have. I have high hopes this will work out.
  • Figure out how to make the tests easy to replicate, fine tune the requirements
  • Test the tests again
  • Then, have me and Gray take the three tests.

I realize I shouldn't overkill the testing process because I think people who are going to be skeptical are more than in the right to point out it's weird I'm both the test maker and the test subject. However, despite this obvious problem, people are excited about this so I'll go through with it anyways. After that, I can focus on parallel processing and after that try to make tests that other people can take (aside from those three).

Why is this not in Lumi's thread? Great question! It's because this is very messy and I think it would be more meaningful if I cleaned all of this up and left one pretty post with links in that megathread.

(Mind the excessive tiredness from this point forward)

The other night I? had a dream about Gray and I trying to parallel process (lol). It was symbolism involving threads or ropes and pulling on those threads.

I don't know if we'll end up going with that or the version I'm thinking of (having one big rope that separates into two different threads), but if my theory about parallel processing and switching being similar is correct, then the symbolism for parallel processing doesn't really matter as much as the mindset does. Oh, and also the steps. Like how there's the affirmation step (I'm the host), the association step, yada yada yada. To parallel process, Gray and I would have to figure out exactly what those steps are, only to then not need them because we can "insta parallel"??? Okay I don't know if parallel processing is that similar to switching but I hope people get the idea.

People talking about merging on Discord. Yes the Felights brought it up. Where's my next trendy wave of people merging due to FOMO???

Why can't we have a FOMO trend for servitors, that could be cool.

Random weird brain or skill things ideas:

• Super body language skills
  • Sensing people are nearby
  • Bad lip reading
  • Throwing your voice
  • Out of body experience (OOBE)
  • Speaking backwards
  • Seeing the world in a different color
  • Change perception of time (ask Bre)
  • Have a scary accurate sense of how much time has passed
  • Speed reading
  • Auras
  • Make other people see your tulpa
  • Lock switching on command?
  • Memory time capsule (vivid memory gets triggered a week later?)
  • Wonderland is affected by your body
  • Tulpa interface for technology 
  • Impose being stoned

I dunno, go invent some new tulpamancy or something 

Edited by Ranger

Because of meditation I have a decent ability of sensing how much time has passed. I am pretty good at knowing when an hour is up when meditating

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

21 hours ago, TB said:

Because of meditation I have a decent ability of sensing how much time has passed. I am pretty good at knowing when an hour is up when meditating

Huh, I didn't consider that. Then again, with meditation I feel time slows down for us. Suddenly 15 minutes becomes a very long time, where normally one of our skills is wasting 10-15 minutes easily just by doing nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, it's great to see that I can chat in places other than in LOTPW

There's a certain shift in mindset that every newcomer has in basically any practice that gives them a great sense of newfound control over their ability because of the amount of attention paid to that subject. Like watching a training montage in a movie and seeing the protagonist be ready for everything when thirty seconds before the same guy was an underdog,

I still don't know exactly what to do with where I am right now, but the subliminal notions I get are pretty helpful in making my next big leap of faith.

I bring all this up because of the conversation my guys and I had the other day about existence and all that philosophical stuff, which eventually intensified into a paradigm shift on my part.

At that moment, I could see how I saw them then was nothing like how I saw them a good year ago. The whole thing that a Tulpa brings is a sense of selfhood to a collection of thoughts in the head, obviously, but in that small window I was able to see them as I would any other average person in the world with their own life rather than mere extensions of my perception of them.

I brought A3 into being because I was lonely. She had the responsibility of being alongside me. This whole journey has brought us to a point where she and A1 have shown that they no longer have that feeling of being a "perfect friend" similar to how a loser would have a body pillow or whatever. They feel less omniscient, less synthetic, less "forced".

Crazy stuff, man

The progress is gradual but you won't have to look as hard to find it when it all starts taking off

Edited by ringgggg

Step 1: Make

Step 2: Believe

• 4 weeks later...

Since this is an "All Purpose Tulpamancy Discussion Thread" of sorts, I had a thought that I'd like to share that I didn't want to get lost in LOTPW or sequestered in my own lounge topic.

My idea stemmed from recent events with Phil (my host). Over the last couple of days he's been suddenly obsessed with a thing I don't want to go into right now, but it was causing him to get way too distracted, both away from me as well as other things he should be concentrating on. So to get his mind on track, I came up with a little rule for the day: For every time he thought about the "thing", he had to have three thoughts about me. I was fairly lenient; it didn't count if the "thing" just popped into his mind, but if he thought about the "thing" in detail or more than for a couple seconds, then I would ask him to have three "Simmie thoughts".

I then realized that this idea could be generalized. A lot of people deal with intrusive thoughts or other things, so I put this forward as something people can try out if they want: During a pre-determined stretch of time, every time you have an intrusive thought, deliberately have three thoughts about your tulpa immediately afterwards. It can be as simple or complex as you want (One of Phil's was to simply say: "I like your shoes"), but simple is generally better. The idea of this is to redirect your focus from the intrusive thought to your tulpa instead.

This is just an idea I came up with and is not fully fleshed out or anything. What do people think? Like it, dislike it? I would love to hear opinions and constructive criticism! 😁

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

14 hours ago, TurboSimmie said:

For every time he thought about the "thing", he had to have three thoughts about me. I was fairly lenient; it didn't count if the "thing" just popped into his mind, but if he thought about the "thing" in detail or more than for a couple seconds, then I would ask him to have three "Simmie thoughts".

Not a bad idea, Simmie.

I feel like I should be paying more attention to personality. Of course, we've been together for a year and a half now, so it's obvious that I've gotten to know A3 and what she's like to be around. I've done personality forcing and the like. Yet, I feel as if there's something I'm missing. To me, this seems like a case of "show, don't tell," where I'm telling myself what A3 is like and how it feels to be around her instead of actively showing that.

What do I do? Well, I feel like storytelling might be the thing that helps. I already have a semblance of A3's personality, so all I need to do is give it a little try and see how certain interactions may play out. Nothing too long; I'm going for quantity as opposed to quality just to get into the gist of things.

My expectation going into this is that it can translate to a more realistic representation of certain personality traits and how they come into play in real-life situations and jazz.

Time to start doing that, I guess

image.thumb.png.3e153474ca84b7da920e57ee8196e9af.png

Step 1: Make

Step 2: Believe

Love the idea, Simmie! Repetitive intrusive thoughts are an issue for me so we will definitely be using this. I prefer setting tiny goals and building from there, so we're going to start with a 1:1 thought exchange and work our way up.

Host: Bee 🐝

Tulpas:  Lenore 🕸️ Calliope 🐲 and Athelas 🌿 ((Sometimes we talk on here too.))

Take a moment to think of just 

Flexibility, love, and trust