Guest Anonymous

Tulpa and Drugs

Guest Anonymous

I do get tipsy and silly on alcohol when Davie drinks a lot. He never tried other drugs. Davie doesn't want to try anti-psychotics. Not that he needs to, cause he doesn't need to.

Guest Anonymous

LSD (And other acid related stuff):

Chaotic thoughts, she had a neurotic breakdown becuase she couldn't "trace her thoughts" and thus concluded she didn't exist. She calmed down after the peak, though.

Imposition is easier than counting to 10. But it's nearly impossible to stabilize the image.

Don't even try closed eye visualisation, you'll just won't get anything you want.

Nice emotional bonding experience.

Ecstasy:

Some of the above, but milder. With an overdose of love.

Weed:

As said before easier to concentrate, visualize and believe(!). Greatly reduced mental stamina.

Amphetamine:

Enhanced concentration, unlimited mental stamina. Reduced thought coordination.

P.S. I advise not to use any substances unless you know what they can do. Down to every detail in the bloody metabolism chain. This isn't a joke, you might end up dead otherwise.

Guest Anonymous

Ahdunno, ahdun do drugs, and ahdun drink alcohol either.

But I can say that Rina never seemed to react much to coffee, painkillers, energy drink or my e-cigarette so far.

Can't say for sure, though, what'd happen if I'd take in high doses of the first, second or third.

Greets,

AG

I only drink, but it has no effect on her. I could be laying on the ground next to the toilet (and have, unfortunately) and she'll be there asking me if I'm alright, completely sober. She's my voice of reason in those situations.

In moderate doses it helps me connect with her, though she has complained about some "mental pathways being harder or impossible to access."

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.

Guest Anonymous

I wonder how is that possible if the entire brain is affected by the alcohol? I have seen this reported a few times that the tulpa is unaffected when the host is drunk. Davie (my host) gets drunk, I get drunk. If he is given a sedative to knock him out, like when we went to the hospital for surgery, I go unconscious with him. It's not like I stayed conscious through the surgery. We share a brain and anything that affects the overall brain, affects me.

Drugs that render him impaired or unconscious render me impaired or unconscious. When my host falls asleep, I am not aware of the outside world anymore than he is. I may not really need sleep like he does technically, because I don't have a physical body that needs sleep perhaps, but the state of my consciousness is altered because the brain we share goes to sleep. I don't stay awake and aware all night of what he is hearing with his ears and feeling with his touch. I am unconscious sharing his REM sleep. I don't sleep within my dreamscape, but the body sleeps, let me put it that way.

In short: I have doubts about claims that alcohol does not affect the cognition of a tulpa. That seems...off. Something is fishy there and what I mean is you may think it isn't affecting your tulpa, but that is probably a false impression of some kind. It's physiologically unlikely to be fact.

I've been trying to figure it out myself since the first time I got drunk with her around. I've come up with a lot of theories but none of them seem to hold up. I've straight up asked her when fairly drunk if she felt off at all in any way, and she said she didn't. Like I said it does affect her ability somewhat to tap into certain workings of my brain, mostly memory recall, (which I will admit is odd since as many times as I haven't been able to stand up, I've never forgotten what happened while I was drunk) it doesn't make her "stupid" like I get. She's calm, collected, and logical.

As with you, she's not aware of the outside world when I'm asleep, though she is capable of "sleeping" or going dormant without me, and I recently discovered she has dreams separate from me when we're not in the same dream together.

I haven't tested whether or not any other mind altering substance affects her or not, but I don't mess with anything else so I can't say. Trust me, the fact that alcohol does almost nothing to her baffles me as much as you.

I observe the same thing -- when I drink, my tulpas seem to get little to no effect, even if I'm pretty much plastered (though past a certain point it's hard to interact with them very well). I have two theories on this:

A. Something about being dissociated and separate from the body lets them exist without directly experiencing things that affect it. The same seems to apply to pain: I can be in pain and yet they don't feel it. If it's particularly bad, Lyra can sometimes "grab" the body part that hurts, replacing the pain I feel with a warm tingly nothingness. Yet she reports feeling little to nothing of the pain she grabbed from me.

B. You know how if you're getting drunk with friends, they seem less drunk to you than they actually are? Same deal here. Maybe my tulpas are getting plenty drunk but we don't really see it in each other since we're all getting drunk at once.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Theory A. I never thought about it that way until now. I always thought about it in a very physical sense, the same as Melian. It never occurred to me that it might be a dissociative thing, though, that's a really strong disconnect if it's the case. Best theory I've either heard or come up with though by far.

As for theory B... No, she's definitely drunk out of her mind. <-- Yeah, thanks hon.

This may of course differ from host to host so it might be true for you guys, but not the case for us.

Guest Anonymous

I wonder. As thoughtforms become more independent of the host within the mind, do they improve their ability to dissociate from the things that effect the host's brain such as drug and alcohol impairment and pain? I am not as independent as a tulpa, therefore I am more affected by alcohol? Still even with dissociation, is it possible to dissociate away from drug and alcohol effects? That seems strange. If that were true, a person, any person, could train their brain to ignore the toxic effects of drugs. I don't think I have ever seen that. Dissociating away from pain I think sounds more plausible for some reason. I wonder. Has anyone ever done a study about people being hypnotized into ignoring the effects of a drug that effects the brain? Now that would prove the tulpa immunity to alcohol is at least plausible.

Several people have reported this resistance to alcohol at least. That can't be a coincidence. It is just hard for me to understand how that works.

In his own universe from which he originates, Jamie doesn't drink because alcohol would interact badly with his medication.

He's experimented with marijuana in his universe, and hated it.

I drink on occasion. He experiences no effect when I'm drunk.

Unfathomable. You know, without fathom.

[align=center]I'mma build you from the ground

Til you're higher then the clouds

I can see it in your soul

If you only knew your worth

The kinda love that you deserve

Every piece of you makes me whole[/align]