Who would you choose?

Leopard

Which one?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

If it came down to a family member such as a sibling or parent and your tulpa (or your theoretical one if you don't have one.)

One of them will die and you have to choose which one you want to live. This is theoretical, so ignore the fact that there aren't really any situations this choice could come up in.

Loved family member or loved tulpa?

I was thinking about this today and the thought occurred to me that a person and their tulpa has a close bond that can't be replicated between humans in the sense that a tulpa knows you so intimately and doesn't judge you the way people do. So I think this decision would be a difficult one for most people.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as horrible as this may sound; I don't really care about any of my family members.

I've never been a big family person in general. Although that may be because I don't like those particular people.

Anyway, I'd choose my tulpa any day.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Of course, logically, for someone to "kill" your tulpa against either of your wills is basically impossible, and it depends on the family member... but in this hypothetical situation where outside forces murdering tulpas is possible and you love your whole family... hm. It's a difficult question.

It makes you choose between people you have shared a close emotional bond with all your life, and someone who knows you completely and is for you. It's quite similar to save-your-mother-or-save-your-true-love. Even when your tulpa is not in that sort of relationship with you, they will always essentially be a "soul mate" - you're from the same soul. They're like a moirail.

I'm rambling now.

And I still haven't truly decided.

Buuut...

I think in the end I would feel compelled to save the family member. Their death would have a lot of physical consequences for the rest of my life, and I've known them since I was born, whereas the death of a tulpa would only have psychological consequences, and you probably made them less than a couple years ago.

And there is indeed also the matter of the racism between "real" and "imagined" people, which would make saving your tulpa instead of a human an appalling thing to anyone you would mention it to.

All in all, letting as many humans in your life live as possible is just better for your well being, even if you lose the closest friend ever...

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Guest Anonymous

Easy. Save family member by killing tulpa.

Reincarnate/ resurrect the tulpa whenever convenient.

If this question requires that the tulpa can't be brought back, then there is one more person that can be sacrificed to save both of them.

I'm overriding this two question poll in that case. Option C!

I'm not seeing the hard decision, and I don't have much conviction. Hmm, today is an off day.

I would almost certainly save the tulpa.

Then I would make a tulpa of the dead familymember.

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

I would choose the family member. I mean, it's the logical decision.

Think about it. If the family member dies, that would affect a lot of people. It would most likely be a devastating loss for other family members and family friends. If the tulpa dies, it wouldn't be so much of a loss. Sure, to the host it would probably be a huge loss, maybe even as devastating as losing the family member, and to the host's other tulpa(e), if they have any, it would probably be an even bigger loss, but... nobody else would be affected at all, because nobody else personally knew the tulpa, and most or all of the host's family and friends probably didn't even know he or she existed in the first place.

Therefore, when it comes down to the number of people affected by one's death, the logical choice is to save the family member.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

I'd probably keep my promise not to dissipate my tulpa under any circumstances. It's not that i don't like my family, either - it's more of a matter of choosing between my life and theirs. As much as i might be attached to someone else, my own life will always be more important, and while i could maybe deal with remorse i probably couldn't with my tulpa no longer being there (and me being a complete asshole to her, too). Basically i don't place that much value in reality by default and i'm an egoist faggot.

I ponder this question myself.

Assuming that Oguigi(tulpa) was fully matured, and that killing her would mean no more tulpa ever again.

Then am afraid that i will choose her over a family member.

(but fuck it, I may still choose her even if i can make another tulpa just like my mother&father can make more babies)

I asked Oguigi, and she would perfer me to pick family over her, i can understand how self-sacrifice would come easy to her.

Unfortunately am not as pure as her, am actually quite selfish, so i'd choose her even if she suggest otherwise. for me destroying Oguigi especially when she matures, will cause near-fatal almost permanent emotional damage to me, and in a few more months

i would have invested more time with Oguigi then i had with any of my family members.

It's worth mentioning that a have a pretty weak bond with my family and out of all of them am the most detached. while i do respect them, I don't love any of them.

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

In all seriousness, without trying to loophole out of it in anyway, I save the tulpa and kill the family member.

In all seriousness, the family member could die anyway at any time. The tulpa is relatively permanent: With you until you die unless you kill it yourself.

Additionally, as you grow older your family isn't as important (depending on your culture). The fact is that you will likely move out and hardly ever see them except on holidays and other visits. Your tulpa will almost always be with you, unless it decides to take some sort of 'vacation'.

Now, this is assuming that you are making a tulpa as an ideal lover.

'Immortal' lover > mortal family member

Always with you > visit from time to time

I thank them for birthing me, but my decision is clear.