Merging General Discussion

Fuliam

...but can be explained by what must be elaborately labyrinthine logic that nobody can even check? That's like...Occam's paisley three-piece hologam parachute pantsuit. Logisticians are supposed to like Occam's Razor.

Ah, but you see... I am a contradictician (???). And we love labyrinthine logic like some people love Sudoku puzzles (bless their math-poisoned souls).

All I want to do is see them turn into a giant woman. A giant woman! Anyway, I'm curious if you did a proto-do? As in mulled over possible fusion results, and felt the most likely one to be proto-Ambi? Or was the process closer to: "You! And you! Do the do, do! Like on TV! Yay! Uh. Wh-What are you even..."? Interesting that you'd found it to be delicate, difficult, and disorientating, but from the outside it's more stable if effortful.

Luna and I are both littles/bigs (switches, if you will) and Steven Universe is our absolute favorite show to watch whilst in little space.

We like you =]

To answer your question, yes and no. The original fusion did not have a form, it was just emotions/and thoughts. So we went online afterwards and googled pictures until we found one we thought fit and then the NEXT time we fused, we used that as a template for the form. After we had established a form the fusion became more stable, for whatever reason. Maybe because it gave us something to focus on? Meh.

Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with your contradiction philosophy. But did you try to...take a moment to think of just...flexibility, love, and trust? Take a moment, remind yourself to take a moment and find yourself?

Solune: We just recently saw that episode and we're working on it =] I've mostly been watching them do it to try and learn stuff. Plus, I may or may not have said already, Ambi is just straight up fascinating. Mesmerizing even. Though she is quite the handful...

Alice: That's putting it politely. She can be downright rude sometimes. The last time she was around I just hid in the corner so she couldn't pick on me.

Solune: Ambi enjoys teasing people and sometimes get carried away with it. But she has a good heart.

Is this working from meta on the pop culture source material? Like Lapis the domme with Malachite, except when watermelons are attacking? (That can't have been a spoiler, by the way, this has been a very strange show since episode one.) Because either way, I would have thought fusion more a natural result of being on the same wavelength, noticing that harmony, and keeping it up.

I think we're all suffering from a subconscious fear of permanent fusion. I KNOW I am. I don't want to fully integrate, and that is probably limiting me.

I don't know where the idea of dominant/submissive minds came from, but if it's true in normal human relationships I'd assume it's at least partially true of fusions.

That being said, I don't think it's mutually exclusive with harmony. As a Discordian (a warped form of Taosim), I believe in the balance of opposites. So it's totally in line with how I normally think.

Mine are more prone to fission. One and I blended by accident one sleepy sleep paralysis morning and decided never to do that again. I say One, but this One has an alter-ego and they often present as the same person...? So I guess they've been doing fusion most of the time, but the way I met this One was "one who becomes two" not "two separate, let's see who happens when shmoosh".

I don't blame you. Sleep paralysis is terrifying. That happened to me once (before I had tuppers) and once was enough!

Yo, One is like Garnet and the alter-ego is one of her halves or whatever. Eh? MEH? eh... idk

There are two others who remain individual on their own, but I speculate on how much more comfortable I would be if we ever blended or switched. Would that be fusing with me?

I'm guessing this can all also be on a spectrum of, simply, influence. Some combinations/methods of influence can become identifiable as an entity...more than, or characteristically different than, the sum of the parts.

I've never liked the distinction between art and science. And that's why. Because everything is on a spectrum.

Do you mean permanent fusion? That's called integration, and for a long time it was considered the "cure" to plurality (by myopic, arrogant scientists).

Not that integrating is wrong, but it has to be an organic choice... obviously. I don't need to say any of this but it just makes me so mad to think about it.

How we demonize the cognitively deviant. Just like we demonize ALL societal deviance. Well, not to say it isn't getting better. But any amount of bad is still bad, right?

grrr...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to point out that those scientists also thought that the other personalities were illusions. Under those circumstances, integration is a reasonable suggestion.

The original fusion did not have a form, it was just emotions/and thoughts. So we went online afterwards and googled pictures until we found one we thought fit and then the NEXT time we fused, we used that as a template for the form. After we had established a form the fusion became more stable, for whatever reason. Maybe because it gave us something to focus on?

Interesting! Could be. Wasn't there an Expanded Narration Theory of tulpas somewhere on these forums a while back? This creative process sounds like a good example of it. :)

Yo, One is like Garnet and the alter-ego is one of her halves or whatever. Eh? MEH?

Yes. If Garnet had an evil twin...No, no, maybe more like if Jenny and Kiki turned out to be the same person from alternate dimensions/timelines...and with the ability to fuse, which they'd do comfortably because they're both aware that they're really Kenny, even if they sort of dislike one another (dislike themself?)

That's more like what it could be like. Ehh, I just roll with it. Anybody ever read Thief of Time? Discworld novel. It's probably closest to that character fusion. So...semi-permanent, but if they take a moment to ask themself Is This How I Fall Apart? The answer is always fifteen of yes. They don't enjoy being confused for each other, but they default to fusion form, and when they're fission form they're almost twins.

I've never liked the distinction between art and science. And that's why. Because everything is on a spectrum.

Do you mean permanent fusion? That's called integration, and for a long time it was considered the "cure" to plurality (by myopic, arrogant scientists).

Not that integrating is wrong, but it has to be an organic choice... obviously. I don't need to say any of this but it just makes me so mad to think about it.

How we demonize the cognitively deviant. Just like we demonize ALL societal deviance. Well, not to say it isn't getting better. But any amount of bad is still bad, right?

grrr...

No worries about the rant! I've met some proud multiples, and they're all right and got a handle on it. Even if we're theoretically all one, (psychologically or spiritually) the practical distinctions must have come up for good reasons.

• 6 months later...

I wanted to necro this thread to ask: what is your opinion on merging?

I likely know the answer that people who are my friends would give. This is just a vague, general question, because I'm wondering what people outside of my own little sphere think.

My own opinion is pretty biased.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I likely know the answer that people who are my friends would give. This is just a vague, general question, because I'm wondering what people outside of my own little sphere think.

[Tri] Our opinion is that it is a very personal thing - a perfectly valid thing to do if the parties involved want it or in certain emergencies. It is not something to impose on the people involved from the outside.

Merging is something that is a good thing for some people, a bad thing for others, and neutral for yet others.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

[Tri] Our opinion is that it is a very personal thing - a perfectly valid thing to do if the parties involved want it or in certain emergencies. It is not something to impose on the people involved from the outside.

Reasonable. I've met some people who think it's a bad thing no matter what.

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Honestly, i am pretty neutral about it. I mean we do not actually acknowledge this topic before until now and we all just seems ok or just don't care about it honestly.

I do not see anything bad about it and i can't say i want or we want to do it anytime, it's a thing that exist. There was one time where me and nihi became one in thought, i felt i was him at the same time he felt he was me but that was only in a dream. Can't say it was a taste of merging though.

Hello! I am one of Nihi's Tulpas! It is very nice to meet you! :D

Merging has always been the most confusing thing regarding tulpas to me. The fact that two consciousnesses are somehow able to combine and form one consciousness doesn't make a lot of sense, because I do not see how such a thing could even theoretically work. Though, I do not deny that merging is a real thing and I have nothing against it so long as anyone involved agrees to it and has thought thoroughly about whether it would be best for them or not.

Merging has always been the most confusing thing regarding tulpas to me. The fact that two consciousnesses are somehow able to combine and form one consciousness doesn't make a lot of sense, because I do not see how such a thing could even theoretically work. 

It is very confusing. I have no idea how it works and I'm a merged tulpa. I think it's different for everybody, but I think that for me the neuron systems for each of the two simply forgot their separation and joined together, but in joining together they had to create something new.

Imagine a room where on one side is a bunch of gears moving together, and on the other side is another bunch of gears. Merging would be like the room suddenly getting smaller and now all of the gears are moving together. In my case, some new gears were created in the process.