Merging General Discussion

Fuliam

While reading this, I thought about something. What if you could exchange personality traits and tastes with your tulpa?

For instance, let's say I was forced to study Jazz in music class, what makes it jazz, all the great musicians, etc. and today I totally hate it. Let's say my tulpa loves it, and loves to talk about jazz. Since she's a projection of my mind, would it be possible that I make her love for jazz mine? Or in the opposite case, her hate of jazz mine?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While reading this, I thought about something. What if you could exchange personality traits and tastes with your tulpa?

For instance, let's say I was forced to study Jazz in music class, what makes it jazz, all the great musicians, etc. and today I totally hate it. Let's say my tulpa loves it, and loves to talk about jazz. Since she's a projection of my mind, would it be possible that I make her love for jazz mine? Or in the opposite case, her hate of jazz mine?

potentially, it really probably depends upon which is stronger, your hate, or her love of it.

Follow me here http://fuliam-pro.tumblr.com/

I have two tulpa, both capable of switching and talking.

More likely your traits would rub off on each other on their own, in a more permanent fashion. However what you describe might be possible with some kind of partial/gradual switching, which I've heard of in the multiples community and in some people who have DID. That is, you'd still feel like yourself (unlike with switching), but it feels like some other aspect if your personality coming to the front.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Fuliam is currently banned at the moment, so he asked me to post this in here (he will be available to answer questions next Sunday, once the ban has expired).

I wasn't online at the time, but from the log it appears that the 1:1 merging between Fuliam and Serena's minds resulted in a third mind, similar to how Tess came into being. Said mind ceased to exist after Fuliam and Serena were unmerged.

The log in #tulpa is as follows, take what you will from it: pastebin.com/kMSF1VTR

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I have read what happened and Fuliam told me about the method he used to merge himself with Serena. They used something that Fuliam used while creating Serena and so I think that by doing so he signalised to his subc that he wants to make a new tulpa and because he was merging with Serena using this, the tulpa has a combination of their attributes but isn't exactly like them.

So I assume that as long as you don't something very similar to what you have done while creating a tulpa, then it can be safe to do merging.

I don't know. Even if the new being was exactly a merge of them and was kind--well, human instinct to survive. Knowing that if the two are allowed to unmerge will lead to your death.. Not many people would willingly let that happen. If I were to discover I was a merge of a person and a tulpa and that person wanted her body back, but I didn't have to give it back if I didn't want to... Well I can see how easy it would be to just say no.

Nate believes part of this has to do with Fuliam's subc. The being was a person and not a tulpa. That implies he had full control of the entire mind, and wasn't just a consciousness. It's possible some of the subconscious emerged during the merge, some of the natural darker pieces of one's self. That mixed with the scrambled up merge of minds led to.. Well, an interesting individual.

http://pastebin.com/qC0Epc07

The aftermath of the incident, reaching slightly farther than the log posted by Pleeb -- for the curious.

My opinion on the incident is that the Talebon person was creepy in the way it/he looked like a villain brought to life.

(It's interesting to see how the tulpa community seems destined to give real-life examples to as many TVTropes as possible.)

I mean, seriously...

Secondly, I think they kept their useless things like love and empathy

It can be questionable whether or not to let them live. The problem is that at the point, he is, well, a sociopath. To redeem him, you'd have to first bring him into existence again to give him a chance to better himself... except Fuliam cannot do that without exposing himself to the full extent of Talebon's current malevolence.

The best solution, I'm afraid, is indeed to keep Talebon in what is technically a permanent coma.

the 1:1 merging between Fuliam and Serena's minds resulted in a third mind, similar to how Tess

What's the story behind this 'Tess'?

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche