[SATIRE] The illustrious Sock's most perfect guide to mind doll creation

Sock

This is a thing of beauty, approved 5 stars 10/10 move it to resources.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the usual matter of course these days would be for this kind of thread to be moved to off-topic.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

In a way a move to off-topic is sort of sad because that means lurkers and new members probably won't see it when they should. And under all the satire, there's a good message. But I think that might be something we can't really take into account.

Guest Anonymous

Approved for guides. This is the guide for not taking guides literally and and not taking one person's words as absolute truth. Using reason to see what will and will not work for themselves.

5/9 GAT members have disapproved

1 Approved (Mayormorgan)

1 more vote needed for the shift to off-topic, and if any members would like to update their votes, please do so before the end of the deadline (1-6-2014)

I agree with mayormorgan and Sands in that moving this guide to Off-topic would be a loss as despite it being satire - it just shows you the minimum amount of steps you need to actually make a tulpa - treating them like a person and talking to them. The satire is well-placed and most people would understand it's a joke - compared to a guide which could have similar 'harmful' assumptions which aren't obvious in their harm.

I would agree with Phi's initial post and leave it in guides as long as the [sATIRE] tag stays, otherwise, it would have to go to Off-topic which is a shame as it would become inaccessible to those which are not logged in or lack an account.

So Approved for guides if the tag remains, otherwise it should be moved to Off-topic (if only there was an Off-topic which was publicly accessible). Maybe a compromise would be to move it to Resources, but I'm not sure it qualifies.