How to prevent a servitor from becoming a tulpa?

noricha

Recently, I created a servitor whose work makes me feel good after I finish my work. But I feel and guess that if this continues, if the servitor keeps performing actions that are not under my complete control then I guess one day my servitor will become a tulpa. I don't want that to happen, [but I also have a thought that wants it to happen ("that thought" is part of me but I don't allow it to get out of control)]. I don't want that to happen because I don't want my servitor to be related to the tulpa nor do I want to create any tulpa.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

• 2 months later...
(edited)

What's the point of a "servitor" if it can't do actions not under your control? How does a servitor even exist as a concept if that's a requirement

We don't personally put any real stock in servitors, but anyways, something only becomes tulpa-like if you think of it as tulpa-like, so if you think of it as emotionless and non-sentient it will stay that way

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

A true servitor is just an extension of yourself. As long as you understand that you ultimately have final say in your part's actions, it won't become a tulpa. Asking the question "what if it's a tulpa" tends to lead to tulpa creation.

I think it's possible to have a servitor, but I think it's better to think of it as a neat little thing you can teach yourself to do rather than a separate entity or an entity you can't control.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Wow Ranger you nailed it! We have a servitor nanny for Junior named Stephie, but we've always seen Stephie as just an extension of me! 😊 A servitor is akin to an extra limb, but that extra limb is detached from you and in fact an entire other body. Stephie exists because there are times where I need to give Phil one-on-one attention but don't want to neglect Junior, so I am still with him in the form of Stephie.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!