Guest HugheJarse

If I really want to get some forcing work done, I'll make sure I'm not doing anything else or no ones around to bother me. Others are different, but I found music to be distracting but low level noise keeps m thoughts from wandering. I r weird.

I'm not sure what our tulpa is supposed to look like -But I've found it useful to visual one area or aspect at a time and really get it doen pat, move one to the next, then kind of 'complete' the picture. That works best when my brain just doesn't want to work and see something 'whole' right away.

I visually sculpt sometimes, which I've send mentioned. Where I'll start with skeleton, innards, muscle, skin and so one - doing as best I can to imagine weight and density. Its helped give a more 'complete' feeling rather than a husk. o:

If you do have some

I used to be a TERRIBLE visualizer, but now that I've been working on my tupper for over a month, I have elevated to a mediocre visualizer.

I don't know what to tell you here besides "practice makes perfect".

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

There are some methods to help improve your visualization skills.

Such as: Pick up a small object that will fit in the palm of your hand. Doesn't really matter what it is, for this example we'll use an orange.

inb4 orange showers references

Take a good long look at that citrus. Admire it's dimpled skin, it's generally circular shape, feel its waxy surface. See how the light reflects off of it and if it has a shadow or not. Take note of its weight and how it feels in your hand.

Now close your eyes and picture the orange in your mind, exactly where it would be in its position in your hand. Imagine it's glossy surface, picture its general shape and visualize every dimple on its surface. Picture how the light reflects off of it and its shadow. Now, move the light source in your mind and note how the reflection of the light and its shadow shift position. Imagine cutting it open, see the skin slice apart and expels a fine mist of citrus juice, examine all the pulpy, juice filled cells that make up the orange.

You can do it with any object really, just try to picture said object in your minds eye as best you can, making sure to visualize it as in detail as possible. After you do that a few times, try looking at a spot in your room and then close your eyes and try to visualize everything you were just looking at down to the last detail. The pencils on the desk, that mountain dew can, the fibers in your carpet, everything. Then try shifting your point of view and visualize your entire room, while keeping everything in correct perspective.

You could also take up realism drawing. It helps you understand perspective and shit, and aids in visualization by making you better remember stuff that you see. Of course, that would take a long time practicing a completely different field of study, so I would probably just stick to the object in your hand thing.

Quota for quality posts today has been filled.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

Imagine your tulpa following you all day. This practices your visualization a ton, and keeps the tulpa in mind so you'll get faster progress too.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Imagine your tulpa following you all day. This practices your visualization a ton, and keeps the tulpa in mind so you'll get faster progress too.

I was describing more basic visualization techniques, but if you're up to it, definitely do this.

I've been doing it and it has helped a lot.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

I would do that either way. If you can't visualize anything, try just imagining the idea of her back there. If you get something but not very clear, use that. If you can't keep doing it for very long, that's fine too; do it a bit and send her to the wonderland or wherever when you can't anymore. It'll get better with time.

I see two advantages of that over the usual practice visualization methods:

• Progresses your tulpa while you learn to visualize better.
  • Simple objects are boring to visualize for long enough to make it help. When I tried it with a pencil, I got about 1-2 minutes before my brain decided "okay already, it's a pencil, now off to something more interesting". It's easier with a tulpa form because you can talk to them, how you feel for them, etc.; visualizing something you care about is easier.

you know, one of the things that really helps me is visualizing my tulpa 100x bigger then normal and just walking around/ climbing her. its odd but it works

tulpa name: Athea

appearence: pony, (how original) white coat, green mane

stage: feel/touch

sentient: happily getting there. the occasional yes or no answers

you know, one of the things that really helps me is visualizing my tulpa 100x bigger then normal and just walking around/ climbing her. its odd but it works

Interesting. I wonder why this helps. Perhaps it's letting you more naturally "zoom in" on areas to see detail?