So... why exactly are tulpas so popular with Bronies?

PsychedelicDiamond

The bronies are the same people who were obsessed with Sonic and drew their own characters for that. They got bored with sonic and then mlp came around. Now this allows them to create their oh so unique and interesting character in a new way, rather than tracing a character and giving a different color scheme.

Luna

Female

Just gave up some hours at work. I need to have some relaxing time, and she needs the tulpaforcing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really interests me is the popularity of Lyra tulpa (hell even the name).

It's probably because of her fan interpreted appreciation of humans eh?

Don't forget Luna. The name alone is super-popular amongst bronies and normal people alike.

And Lyra and Vinyl Scratch overall are really popular in my opinion because they have no real definite personality, aside from the typical character trait (dubstep and humans, etc.)

The bronies are the same people who were obsessed with Sonic and drew their own characters for that. They got bored with sonic and then mlp came around. Now this allows them to create their oh so unique and interesting character in a new way, rather than tracing a character and giving a different color scheme.

Not to turn this into an argument thread, but I personally hate the Sonic fandom with a passion. Which is rather ironic, considering at times, the autism level is relatively the same. From my perspective, it seems there are more people who are obsessed with MLP who can at least maintain a facade of social integrity over their crazy obsession. But I'm a deluded futz, so what do I know?

Tulpa Stats:

Name: Lyra (Ly for short)

Form: Originally Lyra Heartstrings, wants to try some new ones.

Status: Definitely sentient, working on possession. Vocality limited.

Hours: What, you think I still count those?

Titty Sprinkles.

And Lyra and Vinyl Scratch overall are really popular in my opinion because they have no real definite personality, aside from the typical character trait (dubstep and humans, etc.)

Not to turn this into an argument thread, but I personally hate the Sonic fandom with a passion. Which is rather ironic, considering at times, the autism level is relatively the same. From my perspective, it seems there are more people who are obsessed with MLP who can at least maintain a facade of social integrity over their crazy obsession. But I'm a deluded futz, so what do I know?

Oh, Lyra and Vinyl are also pretty well designed, you know, for background characters.

And i may be biased but i think Bronies are just objectively better than Sonic fans. For one, we lack the thing we're a fan of is actually still good. And on the other hand we have yet to have our Chris-Chan. Sure, there are some pretty bad apples in the fandom but i still think it's actually pretty great. We have a lot of really creative people among us and i'm glad that something like FiM could gather such a dedicated fanbase.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EnnervateIndustries

It's because it's cute, funny, original, and the characters have a simple form and complex personalities, from which can easily be created a tulpa.

Guest Albatross_

We have a lot of really creative people among us and i'm glad that something like FiM could gather such a dedicated fanbase.

I should spam your PPP LPs.

But I won't.

Moderators take note.

Guest Dookums

Waifus, probably.

And bronies are probably more open to the whole idea than other people.

Aside from what people have already said, there's also the point that MLP's cannot exist in real life unlike human-based tulpas, so there's no "real" alternative for brony's to turn to. I guess the same could be said about furry or talking animal type tulpas as well though, so probably the closeness of the brony community has helped the idea spread too.

For more about myself and news updates on my Tulpa's progress, see JoJo's Bizarre Experiment

• 5 months later...