So... why exactly are tulpas so popular with Bronies?

PsychedelicDiamond

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the history

/thread

The threads were kicked out of everywhere else, and people were done with the /x/ nonsense/no longer tolerated by /x/. It was probably mutual. /mlp/ is, was, and always has been, a tripfag, general-infested, shitposting, cancer containtment shithole. As with any board, there's cool stuff. PR0NZ was great. Best pony threads were fun. Luna threads spanned weeks, despite board speed. /vp/ and /jp/ showed minor interest. The generals only took hold in /mlp/, and stayed their due to the attitude and such. /mlp/, in general, does not like the tulpa threads. But they also don't like MLPG, AiE, Fluffy, PR0NZ, etc. It's just like any other general. Circlejerking, trolling, etc. Certain people treat it as their daily playground, hugbox, and spaz session. Whatever works for them. Point is, with a main, consistent base (which was at one time home to the entire tulpa community) located on 4chan's /mlp/, there's bound to be a strong brony population. Not to mention the history part. Did I mention the history? Maybe I should post the image of the history.

I should spam your PPP LPs.

But I won't.

Moderators take note.

Wait a second. Wait A DAMN SECOND. Is he Psychedelic Brony? Consider the state of my shit one catalyst away from lost.

“Just sick enough to be totally confident”

-H.S.T.

"Same thing; a soul's made of stories, not actions."

Progress Report

Uh, I don't think the idea was to explain how bronies ended up being the curators of the tulpa community, but rather to explain why bronies in particular became so latched to tulpas and why tulpas appealed to this particular set of subhumans.

I don't really associate myself with the term "brony" but I guess I am one nevertheless.

To me tulpas seemed like an interesting and exiting concept, If I would've found them in some place other than /mlp/ I'd propably had still made one.

Shai's form is a pony yes but that's purely coincidental. I was going for a regular human tulpa. Still, she chose to be a pony herself. I believe this is because of my lurking in the tulpa general where pretty much every tulpa is a pony, imaginative greentext stories about imposition propably got me to visualize without realizing it.

Edit: typos. It's nearly 4am in the morning.

Shai

Form: Fluttershy minus the cutie mark and with yellow eyes

Telk

Form: Ninth Doctor or a Dalek

Cherry

Form: Human female, medium length dark violet hair, late teen/ young adult

http://onicron.tumblr.com/

Guest MegaBusta

Because they'll never be able to marry a pone IRL.

This is the next best thing.

Uh, I don't think the idea was to explain how bronies ended up being the curators of the tulpa community, but rather to explain why bronies in particular became so latched to tulpas and why tulpas appealed to this particular set of subhumans.

Touche. In that case... I believe it is incidental in that it is exposed to a large number of bronies (home of the community at one point), therefore, a large number of them show up. Most of the stereotypes of the fandom are due to the loud minority. Most of the fans are either regular people, extremely interesting people (such as Gaben, Seth Green and the creator of Bioshock) or awkward as fuck teenagers and early 20-somethings. I like to think the bulk of the bronies here are the normalfags. But the idea of tulpa creation definitely appeals to that loud minority stereotype-maker. Hence RainboomCrash.

I do not believe there is causation between liking ponies and making a tulpa. In fact, I think that is silly. It is also silly, and egomaniacal, to think these small correlations could be pasted over an entire group of people.

Now.

/thread

No. Wait. Let's indulge. Because I guarantee you that what everyone is talking about in this thread is happening right now in the /mlp/ tulpa thread.

No offense guys, I love ya

"Lurking to see how bad these threads have gotten

Don't disappoint me TG"

Dis' gun' be good.

“Just sick enough to be totally confident”

-H.S.T.

"Same thing; a soul's made of stories, not actions."

Progress Report

I don't know about the statistics so I can't say whether the cloppers are a majority or not. I'm not one but to each their own I guess..

Oh, and once there was a saying about fethishes: "Yours are weirder." When thinking about that I can see how it works, no matter what you have as a fetish someone not sharing the same one might be repulsed by it and show this off with sometimes extreme ways.

Back to the discussion about the popularity of tulpas in the brony "community", Is there a single brony tulpamancer who doesn't frequent 4chan's /mlp/? I believe the tulpa general is the main reason of the huge amount of brony tulpamancers. If you frequent /mlp/ there's far more chance of you knowing about tulpas than in somewhere else.

Shai

Form: Fluttershy minus the cutie mark and with yellow eyes

Telk

Form: Ninth Doctor or a Dalek

Cherry

Form: Human female, medium length dark violet hair, late teen/ young adult

http://onicron.tumblr.com/

Some probable reasons:

-The show is about a perfect technicolour utopia, so they're used to fantasizing.

-Ponies are something that most people ridicule, so they're used to defying norms and being laughed at.

-Foreveralones.

-Waifus.

This^

We also have terrible luck with ladies.

Wait a second. Wait A DAMN SECOND. Is he Psychedelic Brony? Consider the state of my shit one catalyst away from lost.

Sorry to dissapoint you, Doc Thompson, i'm TheGermanSnob on YouTube. I did a Let's Play of Pony Platforming Project once before i moved on to other, more substantial games.