So... why exactly are tulpas so popular with Bronies?

PsychedelicDiamond

My two cents:

The MLP community as far as I can recall is heavily INTJ/P

The Tulpa.info leans INTJ/P it looks like.

INTJ/P 's seem to get the short end of the stick as far as society goes and many may find some form of escapism from that feeling of not "fitting in"

That and "thinkers" often being called autists in a derogatory sense. I can completely understand people wanting someone to loves, understands, and stays with them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone's got a victim complex. I just think it has to do with fantasy fulfillment, nothing to do with horoscope-like personality measurements, "autism", or society shunning them. Now, what brings about these fantasies to be fulfilled is another story.

It's hard to say anything without making a generalization of bronies, but they do seem to tend to be people who have more trouble than others, fitting in; although sometimes, it seems to be by choice.

But on top of any psychological theories you want to throw around, it's also very true that tulpa-related threads did leak over to /mlp/ some time ago. It theoretically could have happened to any community, and we'd be asking the same question.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

It's hard to say anything without making a generalization of bronies, but they do seem to tend to be people who have more trouble than others, fitting in; although sometimes, it seems to be by choice.

But on top of any psychological theories you want to throw around, it's also very true that tulpa-related threads did leak over to /mlp/ some time ago. It theoretically could have happened to any community, and we'd be asking the same question.

Yeah, this is exactly what it is. Give any large fandom a thing to do and some will find it interesting. For example, Homestuck and their Homestuck-themed Omegle chat.

Guest Anonymous

This conversation is like Dracula. He won't stop coming back to life no matter how many times you kill him and he gets shittier every game he's mentioned in.

This conversation is like Dracula. He won't stop coming back to life no matter how many times you kill him and he gets shittier every game he's mentioned in.

"For instance, you might say that someone is either alive, or they're dead, ignoring the fact that they might be Dracula. Or you might say that if someone's not a Democrat, they must be some sort of Republican, ignoring the very real possibility that they may be Dracula." -

Hm. I think this thread is getting more off-topic by the minute.

Probably because... Luna: 1) Ponies are awesome.

Twi: 2) Bronies are generally more accepting and willing to just experiment or take the chance more.

Dawn: 3) the brony community is fairly large, imo, larger then most communities that would accept this or have people willing to try, by default, if you have 50k people, you're more likely to hit 3000 people willing to watch ponies then the 10k people over there in that other place.

'They call me... Hotel Tulpafornia...'

Tulpa(s): Luna and Twilight.

Probably because... Luna: 1) Ponies are awesome.

Twi: 2) Bronies are generally more accepting and willing to just experiment or take the chance more.

Dawn: 3) the brony community is fairly large, imo, larger then most communities that would accept this or have people willing to try, by default, if you have 50k people, you're more likely to hit 3000 people willing to watch ponies then the 10k people over there in that other place.

>bronies

>accepting

try like 20% of the fandom being like that