So... why exactly are tulpas so popular with Bronies?

PsychedelicDiamond

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's like a gun servitor from Warhammer.

Name: Ruusaan

Form: Human

Working on: Imposition

Name: Lyra

Form: Satyr

Working on:

Name: Lily

Working on:

More than a little bit.

Name: Ruusaan

Working on: Imposition

Name: Lyra

Form: Satyr

Working on:

Name: Lily

Working on:

My gun wielding tulpa is wielding a gun that is also a tulpa.

That aside, one can only have so many Sherlocks and Doctors before you run out. Lots of ponies to go around.

An abstract, all-encompassing love is still a love, nonetheless.

• 11 months later...

I'm a brony, and at first, I was gonna start with a blank tulpa and take it from there. However, I really like the Twilight Sparkle character (especially pre alicorn) so I decided to start with a form I can visualize and vocalize much easier than a plain formless ball. I can use my mindvoice to parrot her speech using her own voice, I can imagine her walking beside me, and I can imagine feeling warmth when I run my hand around where her coat would be (still can't feel anything else though).

Even before I was gonna start with a blank tulpa, I was tempted to create a Lyra Heartstrings tulpa, but since there aren't that many voice samples to work with, and no canon personality to work with, I wasn't really sure what to do.

Edit: Oops, forgot to answer the main question xD The reason I want to make a Twilight Sparkle tulpa is because she makes being a nerd look cool, and I dig the cool nerd chick type. And she can be pretty sarcastic at times, so it would be funny walking around a lot of people and hearing what she has to say about them. Although maybe a Rainbow Dash or Rarity tulpa would be funnier in that situation. I might just end up creating the whole mane 6 (all in good time, maybe I'll make an evil genius lab for Twilly >:D), there would be no end to the commentary on everything we experience xD

Edit 2: Also, Unicorns>Pegasi>Earth Pones>Humans

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

I'd say it's for the same reason so many are interested in the SCP Foundation (Fictional foundation devoted to containing dangerous or unusual artifacts, most of which don't follow normal laws of nature/physics. You know what, just google it). Neither that nor tulpas have much, if anything, to do with MLP, yet so many bronies are interested in both.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

Guest Anonymous

I always thought it was great for the weeaboos who wanted to stick it in Twilight Sparkler but didn't want to buy a toy to complement their bad dragon collection. Or because they usually have no IRL friends that can talk to them about MLP or shit like that.