So... why exactly are tulpas so popular with Bronies?

PsychedelicDiamond

>"So.. why exactly are tulpas so popular with Bronies?"

Okay here's a respond from a Brony

If you can't tell from my avatar I myself am a Brony.

I can't speak for all of us since i lack sage like wisdom. BUT I can at least answer my own account of why the idea of making a Tulpa Interested me.

I would like to first mention that if i was not a brony, the idea of making a Tulpa would have never stuck.

The very fact that i became a brony transformed me in a way that made ideas like "Have your very own Real Life pony" very exciting, Being a Brony was the perfect "Hook" for being willing to take in the idea of Tulpae with open-arms.

My reasons was abit selfish and very Naïve at first, but then it only took two days for me to realize the responsibility and work it took to actually make a Tulpa.

yes Tulpa dose Interest alot of bronies, but it only stick to a faction of them, and of those that actually start even less finish.

Edit: Take a very close look into this Image as you can tell theirs actually not that many ponies in this community

http://i.minus.com/iYQHY2bWJnrRp.jpg

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, well I don't consider myself a brony, but

The reason I'm making a tulpa based off MLP:FiM is because

1. Big fan of the show, great characters, etc.

2. A FiM style pony is cute, something I'd enjoy seeing in my day-to-day life

3. I realized those were really the only two reasons, but it seemed silly to have a numbered list with just two items

4. Three is cutting it a little short too

Name: Lyra

Form: http://i.imgur.com/JjMxK.jpg

Sentience: Emotional responses, occasional brief vocalization

Currently doing: Personality & narration

I don't consider myself a brony, but...

I'm making a tulpa based off MLP:FiM... Big fan of the show... A FiM style pony is something I'd enjoy seeing.

[Gameshow Buzzer]

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

To add another brony perspective to the pot:

The FIM fandom is very interesting because it has taken the concept of "x character in the real world" and "regular dude in tv show" to a whole new level; I'd venture to say that nearly half of the hundreds of thousands of fanfiction works are one of those two genres.

If you'll bear with me for a moment, I'll speak from personal experience and say that a certain My Little Dashie story* made me feel really bittersweet at the end, and soon after (for reasons I can't entirely understand), slightly depressed, and fantasizing often about a similar scenario in my life. I soon got over it, but I know that there are a great many people who took it even worse. For them, seeing these threads and hearing about the possibility of a real, interactive pony being in their lives, was a godsend; it was exactly what they had wished for.

I'm not doing it expressly because of that; I find it to be an amazing psychological experiment, and hopefully what will become a great companion. But I'm also not going to lie; that idea was part of what let me become more open to the concept of tulpae. I mean, who wouldn't love to see their favorite character in real life?

TL;DR: Bronies that are depressed because they can't have their waifus in real life find tulpae to be an answer to their prayers.

It's definitely not the only reason why bronies make tulpae, but it's part of the reason it got so popular with 'em.

To be honest, it's a kinda mediocre story, but reading it the first time actually made me shed a tear. First time I'd had feels from anything in years.

...what have you done to me, MLP?

Tulpa Stats:

Name: Lyra (Ly for short)

Form: Originally Lyra Heartstrings, wants to try some new ones.

Status: Definitely sentient, working on possession. Vocality limited.

Hours: What, you think I still count those?

Titty Sprinkles.

hmm...

Big fan of show *Check*

Decided to make a Pony Tulpa *Check*

Anon's point is that while he may be a big fan of FIM, he doesn't necessarily want to use the "brony" label. Which I can understand. Using the term usually brings up haunting images of spaghetti-spewing neckbeards wearing fedoras and raiding the girls' section at Toys R Us. *shudder*

Tulpa Stats:

Name: Lyra (Ly for short)

Form: Originally Lyra Heartstrings, wants to try some new ones.

Status: Definitely sentient, working on possession. Vocality limited.

Hours: What, you think I still count those?

Titty Sprinkles.