Old Mindset

How would I go about recreating the mindset a lot of old tulpamancers had? They do some really crazy stuff and I'm wondering if my mindset was more towards what they had back in the day I'd have an easier time doing crazy cool stuff.

Maybe you and your tulpa(s) can set up a personal experiment.

MuC Redux: [N~-=$] [Pf/xo] [Ab(r/+)] [S.H+/o] [Opa/"outergenic"] [Mt/nd] [W*-~$!] [C(cc/m*#)] [OF(r/o+++)] [F*+^"deist"/~+/a+/div+^/mw+^]  [Mpsy+/ast=/spi+/mag] [Rf/p/r+] [(V)*] [Xb/as/h] [Gf/m/b] [Jwr/st] [S(r---/o-)] [R*]

Oh goodness, I'm not sure how you'd be able to do that! My best suggestion would be to go back and exclusively read posts from 2012-2014 or whatever your cutoff for the "old mindset" would be. But I think you should also remember not to cut yourself off from things that people in the community have learned in the last few years as well! While the old mindsets were different and more hardcore in a lot of ways, they were not necessarily entirely better. We consider ourselves to be at least partially old-school in our mindset, but I don't think we'd ever be able to go full 2012 or even full 2014.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

(edited)

for the fantastical stuff like host living in wonderland, a lot of it was just confabulation (convincing themselves it happened later)

but if you mean the actually good parts - that people used to work so hard, meditate to increase productivity of forcing sessions/visual clarity, document all their progress and discuss theory and stuff -

well I mean, you just have to do all that! no one's stopping you from taking tulpamancy super seriously like a lot of us used to, and you're sure to get better results than lazy people do

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

(edited)

Maybe you and your tulpa(s) can set up a personal experiment.

But what would that experiment consist of? Trying to recreate the experiences of older members?

Gloomy could in theory look back on older progress reports and find whatever practical aspect they have in common. Those aspects could be looked over and compared to the modern-day mindsets that tulpamancers today hold. The outstanding attributes could then be tested to see if they make any difference to the process.

It's easy to see where this question comes from. Dot Info veterans are a pretty good example of the success of the early-2010s mindset, but don't forget that there are thousands of others that followed around the same time period and were never heard from again. I advise Gloomy to, like any other aspect of tulpamacy, take the mindset of these hardcore veterans with a grain of salt. There is an inevitable chance for any type of mindset to have holes in the thought process. I wouldn't view it as a "higher alternative," just one that people with better work ethic used and therefore got more attention. 

Just do whatever works for the most part. Remember that there is the possibility of these old things not translating to positive results.

Edited by ringgggg

Step 1: Make

Step 2: Believe

(edited)

people had some real fervor because it felt like they were making real contributions to unexplored territory, and I'd say the serious dedication died down a bit as people started to feel like everything had been explored

it's up to you to take it seriously if that's what you decide, for whatever reasons you may have

the most dedicated people generally did have unique experiences that had a lot of value in sharing

(we didn't do anything too crazy, but our serious imposition practice early on cemented a skill we've been using ever since, and might keep doing for the rest of our life)

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

3 hours ago, ringgggg said:

But what would that experiment consist of? Trying to recreate the experiences of older members?

I don't know.

MuC Redux: [N~-=$] [Pf/xo] [Ab(r/+)] [S.H+/o] [Opa/"outergenic"] [Mt/nd] [W*-~$!] [C(cc/m*#)] [OF(r/o+++)] [F*+^"deist"/~+/a+/div+^/mw+^]  [Mpsy+/ast=/spi+/mag] [Rf/p/r+] [(V)*] [Xb/as/h] [Gf/m/b] [Jwr/st] [S(r---/o-)] [R*]

2 minutes ago, ringgggg said:

Do you have any ideas?

Maybe something on sensory processing.