Failure is possible.

Winter

All of your alleged proofs are subjective and unfalsifiable. My only goal is to let people know that success is not inevitable.

Your only "evidence" is anecdotal. You can't apply personal experience to the whole. You attack the progress of others while you yourself have had none. It does nothing but make you seem bitter and jealous. Not to mention, it could theoretically be toxic to their real progress if it instills doubt. SERIOUSLY IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR SOMEONE TO ROLEPLAY.

Witty signatures are hard to think of.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your only "evidence" is anecdotal. You can't apply personal experience to the whole. You attack the progress of others while you yourself have had none. It does nothing but make you seem bitter and jealous. Not to mention, it could theoretically be toxic to their real progress if it instills doubt. SERIOUSLY IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR SOMEONE TO ROLEPLAY.

A. The existence of tulpa is the untested idea, not its opposite. Look up "burden of proof".

B. All evidence related to tulpa is anecdotal.

C. I've had plenty of what most call "progress". I just understand it to be a lie. I am not jealous of people parroting to themselves.

I'm pretty sure everyone already knows that. Some people can fail at tying their shoes, to say that something will work for everyone on the entire planet is stupid and pretty much guaranteed to be proven incorrect if you try it out on enough people.

People have "failed" at making a tulpa before you. (Or more often simply given up, the distinction between the two isn't always clear.)

They just didn't make a thread about it.

Most of them that I know of didn't spend nearly as much time as me.

I swear this thread is going no where. Telling people that they can fail only brings doubt, I feel bad for the guests and newbies reading this trash. This thread should be deleted, save the community from wasting their time on someone that clearly don't want to continue working on his tulpa.

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

All of your alleged proofs are subjective and unfalsifiable.

That can be said of anything here, since it's all word of mouth in the end. You cling to what one person told you as gospel truth, but he has the same about of proof as I do in your case, since you claim you failed but the way you've been writing recently reveals that you've seen signs, but rejected because it didn't match the accounts of that one person.

My claim is simply that there's more to it than what they said, and that I've found this out not based on what others have seen, but what I have.

My only goal is to let people know that success is not inevitable.

That's fine, I can understand that, especially since you weren't actually the first I've heard fail. My posts were mainly in reference to your accusations of roleplaying, parroting, and other such. I see that many users earlier in this thread jumped to a conclusion way to quickly, and started spouting out tips like it's dogma, and that sort of thing should not be encouraged. But you started responding back with your own flavor of dumb, and it was causing the whole thread to turn into a retarded forum fight rather than pondering the possibility of failure in creating a form.

What I've seen in this thread are two forms of dogma butting heads and creating an explosion of critical stupidity and non-thought, and I felt It needed to set crap at least somewhat straight.

This topic is something people need to think about, as well as questioning their own methods and actions. I questioned mine very early, changed it up quite a bit since then, and I've had success with it. I think this thread should be a call for people to actually think about what they're doing, how they're doing it, and why it's working/not working. The most important thing is to actually think about these things by one's self, to use your own mind to question. This is something I myself did early on, and I have had a good deal of success with it.

One thing I do know is that it's just a bit different for everyone, and there are almost no absolutes. I think giving and taking advice is fine, but taking it blindly can cause problems, and it's better for the individual to spend more time contemplating answers themselves, rather than having someone else do it for them.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

-Your only "evidence" is anecdotal. You can't apply personal experience to the whole.

He also has no proof that tulpa arent just alien ghosts and the only people who have trouble making them are highlanders secretly tasked with dispatching this ancient threat. Generally the burden of proof lies with those making extreme claims.

-You attack the progress of others while you yourself have had none. It does nothing but make you seem bitter and jealous. Not to mention, it could theoretically be toxic to their real progress if it instills doubt.

Of course those who have gone months with nothing to show for it are bitter and jealous.

We came into this thinking that we would get amazing lifelong companions and instead we get nothing. Watching tons of other people pop in and claiming to have everything that we want after mere weeks naturally leads to resentment.

As far as being toxic to others progress, if they actually have tulpa, why should they care what anyone else thinks? They have everything they won, who cares what people who fail at even imaginary companionship think?

-You can't attack the "new" methods as ineffective or false when a)you haven't tried them and b)clearly whatever process you did failed.

As far as I can tell the new method is do exactly whatever you feel like doing and anything faq man or irish said is bullshit even though this place only exists and youve only ever heard of thought forms because of them.

-SERIOUSLY IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR SOMEONE TO ROLEPLAY.

Alot of what is said around here makes no sense. Maybe you should check into some of the 'real life' vampire and werewolf forums and then come back and tell me how nobody would roleplay here.

As far as I can tell the new method is do exactly whatever you feel like doing and anything faq man or irish said is bullshit even though this place only exists and youve only ever heard of thought forms because of them.

You don't read that well, then. The "new" method is similar to the "old" one, with the removal/demonization of hour counts and and increased focus on faith. That's it. You still have all the nice jargon, you still have the talking to a form like it's a person. You still have building the form up and smelling it, the whole works. The only thing different is that some folk were having no progress with when rejecting everything they form did as parroting, and as soon as they stopped, they started seeing leaps and bounds worth of life.

On top of all that: Didn't FAQman and Irish themselves encourage people to find their own way, anyway? Think about it, the tulpa concept existed for way before they were around, so why are they being treated absolute authorities that should never be questioned?

This is the problem I'm seeing in this thread, no one's thinking for themselves, they're just spouting each of their own flavor of dogma, and acting like retards. Furthermore, the more I look at arguments go on, the less it's actually about tulpa, and the more it's about seniority of members, fear of change, the development of a new "absolute truth dogma" rather than encouraging people to play with it themselves...you know, generic internet bullshit mixed in with the tulpa concept. I, personally, would like to see this sort of thing die quickly.

Alot of what is said around here makes no sense. Maybe you should check into some of the 'real life' vampire and werewolf forums and then come back and tell me how nobody would roleplay here.

The human mind is a weird place, especially the imagination sector. You already know dreams tend not make jack shit in terms of sense, why would it be much different when you're looking into it while awake?

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace

I swear this thread is going no where. Telling people that they can fail only brings doubt, I feel bad for the guests and newbies reading this trash. This thread should be deleted, save the community from wasting their time on someone that clearly don't want to continue working on his tulpa.

I put five months into my tulpa and even wrote a whole survey to try to find out how I could help them more. You act like I'm a troll fresh from 4chan. Any idea that is not open to criticism is not science. Go join a cult if you want that.

That can be said of anything here, since it's all word of mouth in the end. You cling to what one person told you as gospel truth, but he has the same about of proof as I do in your case, since you claim you failed but the way you've been writing recently reveals that you've seen signs, but rejected because it didn't match the accounts of that one person.

I don't cling to one person's ideas. I cling to falsifiable standards. Audibility is the best one that I know of. I don't deny the possibility of tulpa, but I don't believe that they've been scientifically proven either. I do deny many of the claims of tulpa here because their creators have met no standard (even to themselves if they were being honest) other than their own enthusiasm.

Could everyone just shut up, step back from their Personal-Ranting-Devices and calm down? This is just mindless circlejerking with accusations and insults flying on both directions like cannon fire. If you are going to keep this civil, drop the accusations, assumptions and insults against all parties of this argument. Discussion like this leads to nowhere except bad feelings, so can you please calm down?

Thank you.

Name: Dante

Form: Toa Mata Nui, a Bionicle(Amadeus made a sketch of him, kudos!)

Stage: Narration, posession

Being original since July 2012.

Point out my incivility and I'll correct it. Cult-like thinking always leads to hurt feelings.

This forum has built up more expectation than the evidence can justify. The people who have been affected by it are going to be hurt now or later. I chose now.

I don't cling to one person's ideas. I cling to falsifiable standards. Audibility is the best one that I know of. I don't deny the possibility of tulpa, but I don't believe that they've been scientifically proven either. I do deny many of the claims of tulpa here because their creators have met no standard (even to themselves if they were being honest) other than their own enthusiasm.

Feeling your tulpa is a very falsifiable standard. The sensation I get are not weak, they're very strong. Often to the point where I'd feel pressure. I can't even claim that it's part of my pulse, as there's no pattern to the sensation, simply that feeling. I've tried to see if I can simulate that sudden feeling a but I cannot. So you can add that to your the falsifiable pile.

I will admit, I probably would not have gotten to this point, if I had only gone on things that are falsifiable, as the strengthening of sensation didn't come until a while after I finally accepted the mind voice. Which is why I consider it part just part of more progress, rather than saying "MY TUPPER COMPLETE LOL!", like I see some doing. In fact, I stopped worrying about "completing" the tulpa, and just letting it be. My approach is much more lax and freeform than it was when I started the first month, and most of my time is spent chatting idly rather than tulpaforcing. And when I do actually sit down to meditate, I sometimes hear very loud, external chatter from my tulpa, on top of feeling them strongly.

I'm not going to say this overtly lax method will work for everyone, though I would suggest it over an overtly strict one. As well, while I'm all about faith, I also do feel people need to slow down before declaring their tulpa "done". Mind voice is one way of communication, but the host should work toward hearing them much better rather than rushing through.

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace