Failure is possible.

Winter

You are as much to blame as are the others in this argument, accusing everyone of parroting, roleplaying and being cult-minded does:

1. Lead to nothing but more accusations thrown back

2. Show you are extremely rude

I am not going to argue for neither side, I just don't want to see a flamewar.

Name: Dante

Form: Toa Mata Nui, a Bionicle(Amadeus made a sketch of him, kudos!)

Stage: Narration, posession

Being original since July 2012.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are as much to blame as are the others in this argument, accusing everyone of parroting, roleplaying and being cult-minded does:

1. Lead to nothing but more accusations thrown back

2. Show you are extremely rude

I am not going to argue for neither side, I just don't want to see a flamewar.

I'm not accusing "everyone" of anything. You don't think that wanting a thread to be deleted because it's negative about the idea of tulpa is cult-minded?

Feeling your tulpa is a very falsifiable standard. The sensation I get are not weak, they're very strong. Often to the point where I'd feel pressure. I can't even claim that it's part of my pulse, as there's no pattern to the sensation, simply that feeling. I've tried to see if I can simulate that sudden feeling a but I cannot. So you can add that to your the falsifiable pile.

I will admit, I probably would not have gotten to this point, if I had only gone on things that are falsifiable, as the strengthening of sensation didn't come until a while after I finally accepted the mind voice. Which is why I consider it part just part of more progress, rather than saying "MY TUPPER COMPLETE LOL!", like I see some doing.

Correlation is not causation. Unless these feelings have a voice, then their timing could be purely coincidental.

Correlation is not causation. Unless these feelings have a voice, then their timing could be purely coincidental.

They aren't. I can ask my form on command to touch a part of my body, and I'll have a sensation on that exact part. It started as a weak tingling, but it grew until it reached the point it is now. I think voice and sight will come in the same way.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

I'm not accusing "everyone" of anything. You don't think that wanting a thread to be deleted because it's negative about the idea of tulpa is cult-minded?

Here come the cultists with their excuses...

...This forum has become a joke of roleplayers and chronic parrots who are so lonely that they'll talk to a voice they can't even hear.

What were you saying again? I don't give a fuck about your, nor their arguments, you can think whatever you want. Just drop the accusations and try talking in a civil manner.

And I don't want this thread lock, I want it to calm down so the argument can be discussed peacefully.

Name: Dante

Form: Toa Mata Nui, a Bionicle(Amadeus made a sketch of him, kudos!)

Stage: Narration, posession

Being original since July 2012.

They aren't. I can ask my form on command to touch a part of my body, and I'll have a sensation on that exact part. It started as a weak tingling, but it grew until it reached the point it is now. I think voice and sight will come in the same way.

Thinking about itching makes it more likely to develop an itch. This means nothing.

What were you saying again? I don't give a fuck about your, nor their arguments, you can think whatever you want. Just drop the accusations and try talking in a civil manner.

And I don't want this thread lock, I want it to calm down so the argument can be discussed peacefully.

The truth isn't always civil.

Winter, I don't know what you think a tulpa -is- exactly. It's psychological, not physical, not magic. Tulpaforcing helps your mind accept the being as real and that's how it becomes real. Even FAQman said that. You have to accept the physical touch, the emotional responses(which were even a thing back then too) and all the things leading up to a "complete" tulpa. Even the early early guides claim you start out pretty much convincing yourself what you see and feel is real until you realize you do it subconsciously.

Yes, telling the mind to accept something is part of it. Eventually the tulpa begins to 'convince' your mind and body the same way as you would be.

If you don't accept their physical touch, what would make you accept their physical sound? I can think about a ringing in my ear until I can hear things. So it can be falsified.

Listen, I don't care if you are done with this. My first post was mostly just a wish that you would go out and enjoy your life with or without a tulpa. Because I'm sure it sucked, so I wished you to have some joy in your life. But you don't need to be this aggressive towards the community. No one has deleted the thread or locked it, in fact, off topic/spamming posts have been removed so we could keep this discussion civil.

People know others have failed before. We also have noticed a pattern in those that have failed, so people are looking into why they've failed and if their failure was caused by those repeated patterns we notice with every failure/person who gives up.

I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war but it is getting to that point. Yes people are upset, but that's not because you have broken some delusion about the possibility of failing, it's more your accusations that their experiences must be false because you believed you must be.

There is no way to prove a tulpa, at least not at this time. They are a personal hallucination.

But both sides, let's seriously simmer down. This is an important topic to discuss and we are learning a lot from it. But we can stop with the aggression levels.

Winter if all you want to do is prove that its possible to fail. Then congrats you done it. You made your point.

Some people don't have the time cause of their personal lives. Some find that its too much work.

5 months. Am sorry but its not a big deal. Tulpa is like a growing a tree, not a weed. Come back in 4 years then I might give a fuck.

Sorry for the Lang at the end. But for now that's the must suitable word

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

Similarly with voice, for some. Note that Irish and JD1215 "kickstarted" their tulpae by parroting voice. Out loud, audible voice.

The better your auditory imagination, the more easily a tulpa can learn to do voice. I am one of the many with poor auditory imagination, and presumably so are you. I have to build on lesser things like mindvoice, slowly working up. I'm over 5 months and well over 300 hours in and got a bit of vibrate-in-my-ears voice the other night. It took far longer than for most, took a great deal of effort on both our parts, and had to be built up from lesser, parrotable things, but we're finally getting there. And it wouldn't have worked at all had I dismissed everything prior to it as fake, as you did.

Even in hard sciences, you sometimes have to take possibly fake things as signs that you're on the right track until, much later, you get something conclusive.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

The irony here, is that the survey Winter wrote, prompted Lauren's response. And here's a fun fact: Lauren was the first to actually spawn this whole thing.

She was talking in a mindvoice and Gideon thought it was him, parroted. Actually, while Gideon can hear Lauren out loud, they themselves said that this wasn't until after imposition.

Heck, it wasn't until like, last month, that glitch was finally able to hear his tulpae out loud -- after all this time.

So with my understanding, according the winter's survey that Lauren filled out, Lauren would talk in a mindvoice that sounded just like Gideon, and Gideon thought he was parroting. This discouraged Lauren from talking for a long time. Of course, Gideon eventually accepted the actions as actually being Lauren and not 'parroting,' their progress increased, and they eventually went in to imposition.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png