Preferred term?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred term?

• Creator
    • Forcer
    • Tulpamancer
    • Owner
    • Host

Host does have the parasitic connotation in some respect, but I think about it along the lines of being a host for a guest. That meaning gives the idea of both of you being equals, and the host in particular being very welcoming. Every other terms is bogged down by what feels like a bunch of lofty or magical garbage.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use creator but I'm not a fan of it.

I use tulpamancer occasionally, but that's just for giggles.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

Creator and owner sound a bit demeaning.

Owner implies they belong to you, and creator makes it seem as if you are superior.

Tulpamancer sounds kinda cool, but I personally vote for host.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Tulpamancer sounds too much like some kind of next-gen Pokemon trainer...

They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants - not here.

At Tulpa.info we do all our science from scratch; no hand holding.

I hate "tulpamancer" because it's silly and inaccurate. The "pyromancers" and such you hear about in RPGs are a bastardization of the concept. The suffix "-mancy" refers to divination, not magical manipulation. If we were really "tulpamancers", we'd be making tulpas for the purpose of using them to tell the future and that sort of thing.

Host works just fine. There's no need to "sound cool".

Astral project on my face, brother!

I hate "tulpamancer" because it's silly and inaccurate. The "pyromancers" and such you hear about in RPGs are a bastardization of the concept. The suffix "-mancy" refers to divination, not magical manipulation. If we were really "tulpamancers", we'd be making tulpas for the purpose of using them to tell the future and that sort of thing.

Host works just fine. There's no need to "sound cool".

That, and... Well, host does sound pretty damn cool.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."