• Forcer
    • Tulpamancer
    • Owner
    • Host

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally go with Custodian, and tulpa is Tenant. But that's just me.

I can say them to random people and be all vague about it huehue

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

I personally go with Custodian, and tulpa is Tenant. But that's just me.

I can say them to random people and be all vague about it huehue

Are you me?

De bedste og smukkeste ting i verden kan hverken ses eller røres, de må opleves med hjertet.

Creator sounds like I'm some kind of god

Host sounds like I'm like im some kind of container for my tulpae but I would like to think of us being 1

Tulpamancer sounds cool and you know it has something to do with tulpae.

The other 2 I'm not even going to discuss because looking at the vote statistics people already don't like them xD

You like my kitten? come on over for a closer inspection!

Newbie tulpamancer on the loose.

Check out my progress report:

http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-Another-Lyra-tulpa

Okay when a anybeing uses the word (Creator Or Host) it's just a matter of fact statement.

Creator is most effective for introductions. "My name is Oguigi and Koomer is my Creator"

Host is the most effective way to separating if the tulpa wish not to use that person name, during active conversations IRC for example "My host don't like that kind of music"

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

Okay when a anybeing uses the word (Creator Or Host) it's just a matter of fact statement.

Creator is most effective for introductions. "My name is Oguigi and Koomer is my Creator"

Host is the most effective way to separating if the tulpa wish not to use that person name, during active conversations IRC for example "My host don't like that kind of music"

EDIT:

Btw is it Tulpae, Tulpas, Tulpa's, Tuppers? I don't know

However a name for exactly what we are have not exactly been established yet.

But am Liking Tulpers. it's the easiest word so far to describe what we are, and what we do.

"Tupers are normal people just like you and me, you might want to see their site"

When I have to tell people I have tulpae I want to tell them I'm a tulpamancer

If I try to say I'm a host I think it gives alot of confusion, same goes for creator. I'm a creater. It may sound nice but I think it's pretty confusing if you don't go into detail. They probably ask what I meen by that and then I have to tell them but if I say I'm a tulpamancer the question they ask is more likely going to be, What's a tulpa. I don't plan on telling alot of people I have tulpae but when I do tulpamancer is the way I go.

When I have to tell people I have tulpae I want to tell them I'm a tulpamancer

If I try to say I'm a host I think it gives alot of confusion, same goes for creator. I'm a creater. It may sound nice but I think it's pretty confusing if you don't go into detail. They probably ask what I meen by that and then I have to tell them but if I say I'm a tulpamancer the question they ask is more likely going to be, What's a tulpa. I don't plan on telling alot of people I have tulpae but when I do tulpamancer is the way I go.

Hmm you actually make a pretty good point there, now that you've mentioned it tulpamancer, may actually be a usable term especially for introducing tulpa to the common person

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

Hmm you actually make a pretty good point there, now that you've mentioned it tulpamancer, may actually be a usable term especially for introducing tulpa to the common person

Thank you ^^

• 6 years later...

I want to necro this thread.

[align=justify]The word host doesn't really mean "someone with a tulpa," to me, instead it would mean something more like "someone with a tulpa who was the original and/or is the primary fronter," depending on who you ask. We just mean it to mean the original, since none of us want to give up the term "tulpa." 

[/align]

Something that we've noticed is that usually there are two ways to refer to """"ownership"""" of tulpas. One being that all tulpas are the host's tulpas, even if one/some of the tulpas were created by other tulpas. Another being that the host's tulpas are only the ones that the host created, while tulpas created by the other tulpas are their tulpas, if that makes sense. So, for example, since I was accidentally created by two tulpas, following the first logic it would have only been the host to say "Piano is my tulpa," and following the second logic, only my creators would have been the ones to say "Piano is our tulpa." The first denotes the host or the leader of the system, the second denotes the creator(s). 

Personally, the way we do it is we sort of treat the word "tulpa" to mean something more akin to "sibling." We're all each other's tulpas, none of us """own""" anyone. If I want to make it clear that Apollo is older or Indigo is younger, I will say "my older/younger tulpa" or "our older/younger tulpa." I know that since people are so used to referring to tulpas in the two ways I described that it might not make sense to a lot of people, but we try to clarify that that's how we use that word. 

I think the word "tulpamancer" mores o means "person who practices/pursues tulpamancy" than "person who has a tulpa." But then, that creates a question: do you have to make a tulpa to be considered a tulpamancer, or do you just have to work on various tulpa-related goals with yourself or other tulpas? For example, Indigo has never created a tulpa, but when he fronts he maintains Apollo and I like any regular host would, and we work on things like co-fronting together. Is Indigo considered a tulpamancer or not?

The word "creator" just means creator to me, it doesn't imply that the creator is the host or even that the creator is still around anymore. We frequently use that word to refer to who created each of us. It's straightforward. 

"Forcer" just sounds strange. "Owner" is downright offensive (unless you're into that sort of thing, I guess?).

I suppose the best word to use would be tulpamancer, mostly because you can use that word to easily refer to the whole system and not just a single person. "We're a tulpamancer," "we're tulpamancers," or "we're a tulpamancy system" all get the point across. Something like "I'm a host to x tulpas" would also get the point across. I suppose which word you use depends more on your intent than anything.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)