Tulpa Phenomenon Overview Guide v1

Amadeus

Question

A little while back I was tasked with writing a general overview to tulpae and creation.  The idea was to have an up-to-date general guide that didn't push things like hour counts on new users, talked about different methods, and other such things. 

Took me about a good number of hours in front of a public computer, but I got a draft finished. 

So, here it is.  The Word file I typed up originally, and a .txt for people who the Word file doesn't work for. 

Input would be fantastic.  Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Latest version.

Tulpa Phenomenon Overview Guide v1.docx

Tulpa Phenomenon Overview Guide v1.txt

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg?1316330080

We have our challenges, yes.

Also, a donation system is in the works. It will not be used to fix my computer issues, though. I'm in the process of building a budget desktop for that, and I'm almost done.

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.

Guest EnnervateIndustries

It looks good, very thorough and informative, without any really fluffy overenthusiastic filler. The actual language itself is well suited to the subject matter, informative and simple while using symbolism where necessary while still feeling conversational for new readers. I'm quite happy that you specifically mention the uniqueness of the creation process to each person.

I would recommend leaving a warning about the IRC, though, it is not usually as useful as you make it sound. There are also a couple places where you may want to enclose a page title in quotes. Another similar mechanical issue is that "(tulpa)forcing" can be switched to just "forcing" after the first usage, it looks a little messy. The second paragraph of "Further Development" needs an article to start its first sentence.

From Maia: "Good, very good. If you could add some thoughts from a tulpa's perspective, that would be great, but I would understand if you think it would alienate people."

Another similar mechanical issue is that "(tulpa)forcing" can be switched to just "forcing" after the first usage, it looks a little messy.

That is pretty much my only concern about it. It's definitely better than the earlier version.

I would recommend leaving a warning about the IRC, though, it is not usually as useful as you make it sound.

The IRC channels are pretty good at helping newcomers or at least I think so from the position of a mod. (Just for clarification: I'm mainly talking about #tulpa.info)

From Maia: "Good, very good. If you could add some thoughts from a tulpa's perspective, that would be great, but I would understand if you think it would alienate people."

Good idea, but it's a bit tricky fitting that in. Where do you think tulpa's perspective would be good to add?

I made some smaller changes to the guide and here is the current version (.docx and .rtf). The changes are mostly grammatical and small changes in how 3 or 4 things were worded, nothing major.

Guest EnnervateIndustries

Where do you think tulpa's perspective would be good to add?

I have no idea, actually. It seems like it could generate interest, though. Your call.

@EnnervateIndustries and Maia: I know, but I don't have any ideas currently as to how or where I should put it, so I asked you to tell me what you think.