An update and what's to come.

Pleeb

I've been discussing in IRC and the sort lately on what's coming for tulpa.info, and we have quite a few things to come.

I'm sure you've noticed Amadeus post his draft of the overview guide, once finalized, it's actually going to serve as the new content for the website. It's unbiased, generalized, and serves as a nice primer to introduce people that have never heard of the concept, before.

Once this content is finalized, I'm going to be redesigning the site centralized around the content. We will have everything centralized, and a wiki added.

Further, it will utilize HTML5 and Microdata (which gives a bigger headache than tulpaforcing!) throughout the entire thing. I've basically learned a lot about the dos and don'ts of SEO, marketing, etc, these past few months, and I'm finally ready to utilize my knowledge into a clean, professional design.

I'm also looking into using a proper CMS. I'm deciding between two current choices: Wordpress or MyBB.

With Wordpress, it's tried and true, there are plenty of professionally done theme systems, it's great with SEO (google loves all the seemingly dynamic content!), and I can probably integrate the wiki an the MyBB database with it. All in all, I think I could pull it off fairly well.

With MyBB, well, we're using that right now! Here's an example of a website using MyBB as their content manager (yeah, it's a site for a mybb mobile plugin, but that's not the reason I'm showing it to you): http://mybbgm.com/

I'm kind of tied between the two right now, to be honest. MyBB offers a great deal in terms of plugins and arrangement of content, but Wordpress offers a lot as well, and pumping out a design will be easier for me using Wordpress. Blah, I'll figure it out!

Meanwhile though, I have to note. This week? I'm taking a break! The moderation team is doing very well, and Amadeus is back to take over for right now. I'll be in IRC, but not actually looking in the main channels, it'll just be 'open' -- you can shoot me a /msg in there, I'll eventually get back to you.

After a week, I'll get back on track with the coming changes, and hopefully that draft will be much more than a draft; I'm counting on you guys to help with that!

P.S.

Of course I'll be checking this thread :cool:

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination in the technical talk, or coding. But what I am looking forward to is a Wiki, this will allow us to all work together with what we know, in order to share all of our knowledge.

Also, First

Follow me here http://fuliam-pro.tumblr.com/

I have two tulpa, both capable of switching and talking.

One problem with forum wikis is the balance between academics and attention whoring. At what point does it stop being information and start being blogs and biographies? It can spiral in any sort of direction.

I do support the idea, though, for the sake of science.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

I don't know, I have a bad feeling about the wiki, but I'd like to see how it goes.

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

My vacation hasn't gone as planned. I thought I'd note what's going on (since a lot of people have been asking where I am, and they probably will ask more when I'm not very active in the short-term future). I don't want to 'dump' this on anyone or sound like I'm asking for pity or anything, so I'll just throw it in spoiler tags, read if you want.

I've gotten very sick this week with a lot of things happening. I really don't want to go into the details, but they're really bad. While the likelihood of me dying is low (at least now, it is), things are put in place so if anything were to happen to me, the community would be fine.

I'll be back when things clear up, hopefully ASAP. Meantime, I'm off to take a nap ;).

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

My vacation hasn't gone as planned. I thought I'd note what's going on (since a lot of people have been asking where I am, and they probably will ask more when I'm not very active in the short-term future). I don't want to 'dump' this on anyone or sound like I'm asking for pity or anything, so I'll just throw it in spoiler tags, read if you want.

I've gotten very sick this week with a lot of things happening. I really don't want to go into the details, but they're really bad. While the likelihood of me dying is low (at least now, it is), things are put in place so if anything were to happen to me, the community would be fine.

I'll be back when things clear up, hopefully ASAP. Meantime, I'm off to take a nap ;).

Oh crap.

If you die then who will be here to keep tulpas serious?

;_; get well.

Ayo grill how you be?