Goldsmith

Wonderland Exploration Experiment.

I believe that there may be much more to wonderlands than we may currently be aware of. I would ask all who have a wonderland to give this experiment a try.

I want you to start in your wonderland, choose a direction, and head straight in that direction for an extended period of time. I am talking an hour or two here people. You can walk, fly, swim, whatever. Just head straight, and move slow enough to take in and notice and remember your surroundings the best you can. The come back here and report your results.

What I am Looking for:

Detailed accounts of the journey and any oddities that spring up. Special attention should be granted to the portion where you cross the boundary between what you have intentionally created and are aware of, and completely new ground outside of your initial control and expectations.

If anyone cares to map out their wonderland or their journey, please feel free to do so.

Purpose:

It has come to my attention that the wonderland could potentially be much more than we initially believe. I will suspend my full hypothesis until we get more information and research done into this matter, but my current belief is that we might already have a full 'world' inside of our heads, when we create wonderland, we just add more to that world.

Either way, let the exploration begin.

Good luck guys, and remember, the more detailed and expressive you are, the better.

Our wonderland is a bit segmented considering the hub and all. The hub seems to go on endlessly in both directions, though the doors get more vague as we go along.

I think we'll explore the 'main' wonderland. I know that we once found the cabin from the hypnosis file in our forest. Will continue to explore. Maybe draw a map.

Welp. Time to hop in my flying Wipeout ship and scout out some new islands.

OK, so I flew south from the island, first thing I found was a tiny desert island with some coconut trees. Past that was an island with a grotto carved out of a waterfall, it was roughly half a mile by a mile in diameter, and was populated with nothing but cute-looking lamias. I talked to them and they agreed not to invade us as long as we didn't move our stuff onto their island.

When asked about traveling to and from the island, they pointed out a large runestone in the corner of their grotto that had an insignia on it. Interestingly enough, Saria had a bunch of these stones set up in the old mindscape to make getting around the continent faster, and to allow travel between the floating city and the overworld. So supposedly she can craft a teleporter that will allow us to move between islands in the vast tropical sea of my mindscape.

Btw, I decided to name the island Lamia Island as of like five minutes ago.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

This is interesting. My wonderland is a childhood place that I visited frequently, and I lived in the surrounding area for most of my life. I wonder if I will then add that area to my wonderland, or maybe I'll have to go further away.

Witty signatures are hard to think of.

Right, this is going to be interesting. My wonderland is at a universe with least 2 planets in it, presumably more. There's the planet my beach area is on (which is the only bit I consciously constructed). The other planet is someplace Lyra set up, and I've only been to a place up in the clouds there yet.

It started as just the beach, then I became aware it was a relatively small island when Lyra ran down the beach and came back from the other direction. We flew up to create a new island (a water park that ended up not working right), and saw that there are more islands. Later we flaw up to space to see what it was like, which established that this was a normal planet and that more existed beyond it. (Like real space, it was pretty empty. Floating around there was cool, and Lyra's flight ability translated into being able to control where she floats.)

More recently Lyra took me farther down the beach than I'd gone before, so a place where she'd created a small hideout inside a wide but not too tall tree. Inside it she has a laptop set up, which is something I hadn't put in the house because I assumed I wouldn't be able to imagine it well enough to make it function.

I haven't explored that much yet, but the next thing to explore will probably be the woods behind the house. Lyra says she's been there, though I haven't yet.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Well frankly, Dante has taken me into places I have never seen before, and certainly not what I had conciously created(see progress log). On multible occasions Dante has snatched me, ran off somewhere until we end up on some unexplored part of our wonderland. The only thing I initially created was the small gathering of furniture, and kept adding doors to locations we had visited and created. I can't really tell distances because:

1. Dante runs super fast

2. You can't really estimate distances in a black void

But nevertheless, after our wonderland had changed into something more pleasant looking, we can now estimate distances better. I'll give this a try on our next wonderland visit.

Name: Dante

Form: Toa Mata Nui, a Bionicle(Amadeus made a sketch of him, kudos!)

Stage: Narration, posession

Being original since July 2012.

Guest Fillyfooler

I'll try to convince Nova to turn our wondervoid back into Black Mesa and I'll go the hallway I didn't go down last time. Also I'll update the maps if it works.

I wasn't able to go a full two hours even though I planned for it; the discomfort of remaining so still gets me every time. I went 45 minutes, and with more practice I could probably go longer.

Anyway, we started in our usual beach house area, setting to go inland on a few ATV's. We drove along some wide dirt trails that weaved through rainforest and tall deciduous of some kind, with a lot of dips and curves around the hilly terrain. The woods opened up to a lake in a crater at the base of a snow-capped mountain range- it's one that we had done some water sports in before. I wanted to go to the top of the mountain to see what was further out before going to it. This is where we entered territory that I had seen from a distance before, but was still unfamiliar in detail. We beared left along some open grassland mixed with protruding rocks, which struck me as a bit barren; I think my imagination just wasn't active enough to conjure much fine detail on the spot. Up a head, we rode up a hill and between two sheer rock faces at its crest, then rode down into a canyon straight from Shadow of the Colossus. A trail veered alongside the slope of the mountain to our left, and it was on here that I started to let my imagination go a little bit more wild than normal.

We entered a pine forest shortly up the slope, which started to grow over the trail fast as we sped by. We broke out of the forest just before it seemed to close up. The path swerved along hairpin turns as it mounted the first small peak, and it was here that the range of mountains came into full view. The landscape was almost all rock that glimmered yellow as if it was being lit by an early sunset, even though the sky was still bright blue. Straight ahead was a long bridge that spanned the gap between two distant peaks, which then turned abruptly right along a path that ran under several rock overhangs and tunnels. It angled into the mountain, coming out the other side soon before arching across another sheer valley. A few more twisting lengths and we were at the highest peak reachable by the trail. From it, I could see the beach far in the distance with its small island just off the coast, and ahead of us was an area that was indistinct from a purple-grey fog that covered everything beneath us. I was told that I'd have to physically go into it to see what was there.

We took another path that split from the one we traveled, which took us around another pine forest. The road lead all too quickly to a rock wall. Past here was the portion of land that was completely uncharted. The only way through was some caves that we had to traverse by foot. We turned on some headlamps and went in. There were a few tight gaps and some gravelly slopes, but soon after, we found some open areas including a tunnel with huge crystalline shards sticking out of every surface. At the end was an enormous face of rock with a path leading around it. On the other side was a steep drop into a chasm, but the path lead along the edge, through a small tunnel, and into a space big enough to hold the downtown district of a large city. But instead of skyscrapers were a collection of small houses and a wooden basket attached by rope and pulley to a rift in the ceiling. We went up and emerged in daylight.

Things at this point got a little... weird. We were surrounded by people circling us, but they pulled back into the shapes of dark trees. I heard some ominous low tones as the light faded and darkened all of our surroundings. Up ahead were some remnants of buildings that we approached, which turned a bit like Silent Hill on us for a few moments. We went in one which had a hallway that stretched into darkness. A break to the right lead over a rusted and overgrown bridge that still had red paint flaking off of it. We turned down that way to find ourselves on one of the upper floors of a more normal-looking abandoned factory of some sort. There were active guard patrols up ahead, which got me in the mindset of a shooter video game along the lines of the Uncharted series. But it was around here that my body got uncomfortable and fidgety, so I backed out but left a "continuation" marker that I can hopefully come back to sometime.

I tried this earlier. Long story short, shit got weird. It's hard to tell sometimes what you're consciously controlling and what you aren't- or, at least I used to think so. Straying from what you've created is a straight shot to the subconscious.

There's some really odd stuff down there, and frankly I'd rather not bring my tulpa there again.