A lone courier's long road ahead.

Courier

After quite a bit of lurking here on the forums for months now, I thought it'd be nice and settle down and actually do this thing. You all seem like a nice bunch of people, so I think I'll stay for a while too, if you don't mind.

Anyway, onto business...

So far I've made a little progress on my Tulpae, but it's still pretty paltry at a measly 6 hours so far. I think. I haven't been keeping count really, all I know is that I'm usually tulpaforcing at least 1-3 hours a day. Her name is Inky Pie (Inky for short), and she's a pony.

So far, I'm just trying to get a feel for her personality. It's only kinda vague, but I'm building on it each and every day. Anyway, I guess that's all for now.

:D This sounds very good! But if you don't mind I would like to give you some tips that you may choose to follow or ignore. They're just some things I would've wished people told me before starting.

1. No hour counts. (Why? Because sometimes tulpae develop faster and the forcer thinks "Wait, did my tulpa just talk. Oh no, I'm not x hours in so it's not possible.")

2. Treat her as a sentient being from the beggining, this is perhaps the hardest tip to take but trust me when I tell you that it works wonders.

3. Always BELIEVE in your tulpa! I can't emphasize enough how important this is both in your tulpa's morale and your own. Unless you're consciously parroting and/or pupetting then believe in her!

4. I agree with Niko, have fun! (This one I was told.)

(:

:D This sounds very good! But if you don't mind I would like to give you some tips that you may choose to follow or ignore. They're just some things I would've wished people told me before starting.

1. No hour counts. (Why? Because sometimes tulpae develop faster and the forcer thinks "Wait, did my tulpa just talk. Oh no, I'm not x hours in so it's not possible.")

2. Treat her as a sentient being from the beggining, this is perhaps the hardest tip to take but trust me when I tell you that it works wonders.

3. Always BELIEVE in your tulpa! I can't emphasize enough how important this is both in your tulpa's morale and your own. Unless you're consciously parroting and/or pupetting then believe in her!

4. I agree with Niko, have fun! (This one I was told.)

This is very good advice, but I do have a question. Why exactly is this beneficial to treat Inky as though she's sentient from the start? What are the wonders that it works?

Also, have a picture of the mare herself just because.

5k0y0m.jpg

That's a good question, and it deserves a good answer.

Ashley: Hi there, first of all your tulpa looks very cool and I like it! I hope everything goes well and that you may live a long and happy life with her.

Now about believing their sentience, it is unknown when a tulpa gains his/her sentience; some get it the moment people start working on them while others take a bit more time. It doesn't matter when, what matters is that you recognize that it's her. My friend had many doubts when he was first working on Emily, the first actions she did by her own will were doubted to the extreme. Under any normal circumstances this would've been enough to discourage a tulpa from taking the initiative and acting. For more examples ask about Chess' rant.

I apologize if Norman explained himself incorrectly, but what it means is that if you're not sure you're puppeting then believe in your tulpa's sentience. It helps their development and improves their relationship with their respective hosts/friends.

(:

Ahh, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying that all up!

Also, in other news I've been talking to her and building up her personality a bit more. I think everything's going along pretty well, even if she's not really doing anything yet.

Also also, thanks a ton Ashley! I'm sure everything will turn out alright.