Mental conditions and tulpae

Guest Anonymous

Do you have a mental condition?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a mental condition?

• Yes, it is diagnosed by a professional
    • Yes, but it's not diagnosed, I just know I have it
    • Maybe...I'm not sure, but sometimes I feel like I do.
    • Nope.

I was only at peace when I was alone (but it was shallow). Life was actually good, in college, stable living situation, and didn't have to worry about money. But never happy. And I never truly felt what true happiness was until I met Oguigi. I can lose everything and not care as long as she is around.

I know that feel, bro

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be one of the few members without some kind of attention deficit.

Sure, I find it hard concentrate very often, but not to the degree which would be required for diagnoses.

The only... Anything, really; that I have, is depression. I've been depressed for about 7 years now. Though I'd like to think I'm slipping out of it, at least a little.

Though I think the more accurate description would be: I'm getting used to it.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I bet more people have some sort of mental disorder. Anyone care to reveal?

Gonna repost from the older thread.

I am diagnosed and medicated ADHD.

I actually thought this was going to be a bigger problem than it actually was. I have the inattentive type which often makes me incredibly absent-minded. However, what most people don't think about with ADD is hyperfocus. I'm not sure if it is universal for ADD, but is definitely prevalent. It means that if I am enjoying something, I can focus incredibly well on it. For example, I've accidentally read a book or gamed all day forgetting to eat or do anything else. When I'm reading I'm practically deaf, to the point where when I was in grade school, if I started reading a book, the teacher would literally have to shake me to snap attention. It was just a matter of making forcing enjoyable.

Although they don't affect tulpa making I have minor/moderate narcolepsy as well.

Witty signatures are hard to think of.

I have a tupper, does that count?

Oh wait.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• 2 months later...

Borderline personality disorder. Not diagnosed yet, and if I have my way, it'll never be. In my case it means my personality is kind of "shattered". My opinions, emotions and personality traits change sometimes many times a day, which makes me extremely unstable. I can honestly be about to commit suicide and then suddenly change my mind and go and see a movie with my friends.

It's kind of why I hope Naava would be willing to become the host.

Merged the threads. The smaller one's posts ended up on top automatically.

Dysthymia, Diagnosed.

Emphasis on Anhedonia, Flat Effect, and Apathy. I'm pretty zombie-like. I could be labeled as a Schizoid as well, i seem to have more similarities with schizoids than depressed people, but my official diagnosis was Dysthymia (cannot qualify for a personality disorder when younger than 18 years of age)

I've had stronger emotional reactions to my tupper compared to anything within the past few years. Great stuff.

I have no diagnosed mental illnesses, although being introverted has been a rather large nuisance. It makes me get very easily distracted into other thoughts, entertaining scenarios that I know won't happen, until I just forget I was forcing eventually and end up bringing myself back. It's delayed my progress a considerable amount, along with my procrastination. I assume it is because of these two reasons I have not reached sentience yet(mostly the procrastination)

I do that a lot, quite often wasting hours worth of forcing engaged in my own thoughts.

But in other matters, if you have forced a tulpa for longer than five minutes, it's already sentient. Any doubt stems progress.

I've had my bouts of hypochondria, but other than being an introvert, I'm probably perfectly normal.

Speaking of which, April has an extroverted personality, and I've noticed I've become more outgoing since making her, if only a little.

Yep, pretty much me as well.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report