General Suggestions Thread

ThatOneGuy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean up the user count.

I say delete all users who have not visited in six months (Aug. 24 today) and who have no posts. Accounts with at least one post should stay.

I don't see that deleting abandoned accounts will be all that useful for the userbase. However some sites do it to prune rubbish from the database, in which case deleting accounts that have never made any posts and are over a certain age would be the way to go.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

Remove the rating system, most are either 5 stars, 1 star or no rating at all.

Star rating systems pretty much always fall into that. No one cares, someone likes the thread and rates it 5 or someone hates the thread and rates it 1. There's no in-between, that's why such ratings tend to be replaced by a thumbs up/thumbs down system at some point.

But seriously, why do we even need to be able to rate threads, it tells nothing. Just like the thanks system, it's useless and easy to abuse.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Star rating systems pretty much always fall into that. No one cares, someone likes the thread and rates it 5 or someone hates the thread and rates it 1. There's no in-between, that's why such ratings tend to be replaced by a thumbs up/thumbs down system at some point.

But seriously, why do we even need to be able to rate threads, it tells nothing. Just like the thanks system, it's useless and easy to abuse.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of useless features in this forum like the rating system. But I would also like some new features as well. Even though this forum is pretty small, I always find it useful to get an alert whenever someone quotes my posts.

Ban text speak (i.e. emoticons and things like lol and omg). Also ban tildes.

(outside of things like off topic of course. kind of like how we want to make every tweeted title sound professional-like)

I know it'll never happen, ever, but I am voicing my true, nofunallowed, opinion.

Gotos in the glossary:

http://tulpa.info/guides/glossary.html#hologram

That should link directly to the "hologram" entry in the glossary.

Ban text speak (i.e. emoticons and things like lol and omg). Also ban tildes.

(outside of things like off topic of course. kind of like how we want to make every tweeted title sound professional-like)

I know it'll never happen, ever, but I am voicing my true, nofunallowed, opinion.

omg~ yes pls XD

But really, I wouldn't ban all use of textspeak. I'd allow a certain amount of it, like the occasional 'idk' or 'afaict' in a productive post. Abbreviations like those make it easier to type out a post, especially on a mobile device. But uses like the above only contribute to general spamminess, even if used in a productive post.

Gotos in the glossary:

http://tulpa.info/guides/glossary.html#hologram

That should link directly to the "hologram" entry in the glossary.

This is derpy... try http://tulpa.info/guides/glossary.html#def4. Yeah, those anchor names should probably be changed to something useful.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)