General Suggestions Thread

ThatOneGuy

Guest Anonymous

Since Chupi is an admin, I suggest him making a script to run the deleted-pages checker on days when there are more than x number of posts deleted/successful reports, x being the average number of deleted posts/day, or a preset number. Thus, when people are spouting off shit more than usual, the script would deal with it.

That could play second fiddle to another script that would run whenever the number of deleted posts reaches something like 25, 50, or even 100, dealing with the issue regularly depending on how often posts are reported. Of course, this could also work with another script to check for missing pages depending on how many reports are being received in a certain 3-day time period. Once again, that number could be changed, but the essence of that script is that if a particular shitposter has a few days off, then the program would notice the increased number of deleted posts and check more frequently. We could also have regular checks whenever mods are asleep (post cp).

And possibly adding missing pages as re-portable things, or have something that autoreports posts under x number of character. I know there is a minimum number to post, but one can easily get around that by saying something like:

Well guess what, Nigger Tongue My Anus

Thus, it might still clear the minimum character limit, but doesn't quite reach the minimum to not be autoreported. These are all simply ideas, I have no idea how easily they could be instituted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

A great idea would be for Chupi to actually act on some of the more popular suggestions (removing the posting icons, for example).

It updates every 15 minutes since the list is people active in the past 15 minutes. It records time, total users, members, guests, and the list of users that is displayed to a logged-out user. Right now it's just a data logger implemented as a single line of Bash script:

wget -O- --quiet http://tulpa.info/forums/index.php | grep -m 1 'users active in the past [0-9]\+ minutes' | sed -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' | sed -e 's/\([0-9]\+\) users active in the past 15 minutes (\([0-9]\+\) members, [0-9]\+ of whom \(is\|are\) invisible, and \([0-9]\+\) guests)\.\(.*\)/'"$(echo `date -u +%s`)"'\t\1\t\2\t\4\t\5/' >> tulpa.info_usercount_history.log

Graphs will probably include lines for total, members, and guests. The user list itself won't be used, it's more for troubleshooting the script. I haven't written the code to draw the plot yet, but it'll be a simple Gnuplot script that writes a png into my Dropbox public dir, which I'll hotlink here. It will probably update either every 15 minutes also, or hourly.

EDIT: It'll be a wee bit longer, I just lost a couple days of data to a text format parsing bug.

How's this coming along?

How's this coming along?

I have quite a bit of data collected in the form of raw HTML files. I need to take some time and make a script to extract all the useful info like post counts as well as users online, and make it plot.

Unfortunately the "total posts" figure at the bottom of the main page appears to include deleted posts, since they're still there, in a hidden trashcan board. So I'll probably need to extract the number for each board and add them up.

At the moment the limiting factor is finding some time to do this and make the plot pretty. Once it's there, it should be a live graph, updated every 15 minutes. All this will be running on my computer and uploading graphs to Dropbox, so if my computer goes down the graph will still be there but new data won't be collected until it comes back up again.

EDIT: The graphs will come after the redesign. No point in doing up a script to process data when I'll just have to rewrite half of it to deal with the new layout before long.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

The front page should have less emphasis on Imposition, seeing as how a growing number of people are choosing to not do imposition, often replacing it with the alternate "final phase" of possession and switching.

I don't think there really is a final phase so to say, just uh... Well I guess things that people either do or don't. Can't really call them steps or stages, those imply like they're done in some certain order. At least to me. They're kinda like abilities...?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Somewhere in each thread, there should be a spot that contains the information present in this view. These are page views and number of replies (clickable to reveal who posted how many).

Guest Anonymous

Remove Bluesleeve as a mod, he said he left.

And he hasn't even been doing any modding for a long, long time. We've talked about the mod problem a lot, but it seems nothing is going to happen before the redesign shit is finished. Other than actually getting an admin who is here, because that was needed right now. The mod problem should be sorted right now as well, but this is what you get.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest Anonymous

Remove the fucking "WE UPDATE NOW" sign until Based Pleeb actually has the update ready.

Add "report this post for missing pages" on the "Other things to try" page when one finds a missing page.

Or maybe just fix that whole missing thing all together.