The dreamlike state

Guest Anonymous

"dreamlike state" is that like going to your wonderland and hanging out with your tulpa? or is it something else, am not familar with this term.

that feel when everyone else seem to know something you don't

Oh! and Welcome to the Forums Wonderererer! i see you've choose this thread to make your first post.

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that state where its like dream clarity visualizing.

...That's pretty much not going to happen.

It would be extremely difficult, and I wouldn't even know where to begin trying that.

The only tip I can give, is to limit the input to your optic nerves as much as possible. After that, I've got nothing.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

...That's pretty much not going to happen.

It would be extremely difficult, and I wouldn't even know where to begin trying that.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. When I can get into the proper state, it truly is at least dream-level clarity. I've had 3 varieties of this happen:

1. I have to meditate (or have Lyra 'pull' me) down to a certain level and no lower. Not far enough and I have basic closed-eye visualization. Too far and I wake up an hour later. I remain conscious and in control of my own wonderland body, though things around me just happen on their own. Some "dream logic" applies: things happen and I react in ways that make perfect sense at the time, but if I later recall it in detail to write it down, I realize that some events don't make sense or that I missed the most obvious solution to something; it feels somewhat like I'm writing down a dream sequence. This is what I use for wonderland adventures, and I can get there somewhat reliably.

2. And then there's a very rare, randomly occurring time I shut my eyes and have it happen almost immediately. This happens no more than maybe once a month. It usually consists of a fully navigable, deserted place-memory. Most recent one was a very accurate model of my childhood home. All details were perfectly defined and my "vision" extended out as far as in real life (that is, not having to look directly at something to see it at all, as happens sometimes in regular visualization). In terms of detail, clarity was actually greater than real life -- no visual noise and without the blurriness from retinal density limitations. There was somewhat of a 'dreamy' feel to the overall appearance of things; I think the lighting wasn't quite right. This is neat, but entirely non-reproduceable, so almost completely useless. I really wish I could cause this to happen in some way.

3. Once or twice I managed to fall most of the way asleep, and remain conscious through the hypnagogia. After all the hypnagogic effects are gone I was looking at almost pure blackness. I could then enter the wonderland and force with really good clarity. This was probably the most dreamlike of what I've described here. Thinking about this now, it sounds sort of like a lucid dream, except that I didn't black out into non-REM sleep at the end. I returned to reality. Again, nice but hard to reproduce. Shows more promise than #2 above, but less than #1.

In none of these was I sleep-paralyzed. I've tried to enter waking sleep paralysis a couple times and couldn't get past the bit where it feels like breathing is becoming increasingly difficult, which causes me to roll over, ending the whole thing. I also don't end up near-totally disconnected from my physical senses, like with sleep. I get varying degrees of ignoring them, but they're still there.

The only tip I can give, is to limit the input to your optic nerves as much as possible. After that, I've got nothing.

With one exception, all of the above was done at night with the lights out. The only light sources in the room were an LED-based alarm clock and any devices that were charging or running.

The exception was one time I got one of those rare super-clear sessions at night with the lights on. Some light was shining through my eyelids and looked smooth and orangeish.

Is this the same as hypnagogia?

I suppose it depends what sort of hypnagogia you get. I get random blobs in my vision, and more rarely sounds or voices. I don't get blobs that turn 3D and transform into dreamscape objects, though I've heard some get that. [Though there was one time I had Lyra try to manipulate the blobs. She moved the blobs toward the center of my vision while I visualized an egg. The result was a reasonable egg that had fair detail on the shell, and had a sort of dreamlike character to its appearance.]

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I......think I may have been tulpaforcing wrong this whole time.

I thought it was just sitting there with my eyes closed and picturing/imagining things...'cause ive never been able to do any more than that. I mean, it's always been far, FAR less vivid than any sort of dream.

There's definitely a tulpa inside me though. I know she's there....I just think maybe I haven't done a single correct tulpaforcing session...ever...would explain a lot

I don't know.....help?

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

This is possible. Ive entered a sort of hallucination or hypnagogia with my tupper a few times now but its really hard to control.

Also, malix.

You are most likely forcing right. If you BELEIVE you are doing good then stick to it. Tulpae is all about faith in yourself and your methods. if you beleive your tupper rapes you at night then it does. if you beleive your tupper is developing quickly, then it is.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

I thought it was just sitting there with my eyes closed and picturing/imagining things...'cause ive never been able to do any more than that. I mean, it's always been far, FAR less vivid than any sort of dream.

You're doing it right. That's what I do almost all the times I force. What I described above is the exception, not the rule. Plain old closed eye visualization works fine for the usual stuff -- working out details in various senses, chatting, cuddling, etc.

However I can't really have proper adventures this way. Exploring new areas isn't very fun when you're consciously designing it as you explore. So much nicer if you just walk along and there's just a cave over there randomly.

I don't do that dreamlike state for regular forcing because it isn't needed and it takes effort to get to and not fall asleep. Also because some dream logic applies, I'm not as bright or fast thinking in it.

One day you might find this state yourself, or with your tulpa's help. Working on lucid dreaming or at least trying to remember your dreams more might help with this. What helps me is meditation, self-hypnosis and having a tulpa help with self-hypnosis.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

This is possible. Ive entered a sort of hallucination or hypnagogia with my tupper a few times now but its really hard to control.

Also, malix.

You are most likely forcing right. If you BELEIVE you are doing good then stick to it. Tulpae is all about faith in yourself and your methods. if you beleive your tupper rapes you at night then it does. if you beleive your tupper is developing quickly, then it is.

Perception ==> Belief

But with a tulpa... belief ==> Perception..

the phrase "caught between a rock and a hard place" comes to mind.

I can't believe she's developing fast because she isn't; I've been at this since May.

I can't believe that thinking she does something means she does it because it's just never been that way; She's always just done as she pleases without my input.

"Regular" sessions of tulpaforcing just naturally feel useless - like im making no progress at all - without me even thinking about it. Whenever I decide to do one I keep slipping off into doing other things, for hours and hours and hours. beyond any form of procrastination ive ever done before. Best i ever manage is about 10 minutes before 'i' get bored. That to me seems like Elly's stopping me from doing it. Why would she do that unless its pointless? But I sit down to try this dream thing and i get to it immediately with no random temptations to go do something else. I may not have managed it but I still feel like I made progress and that our link in stronger.

So, i have to maintain my position...that i've been doing it wrong.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

the progress example wasnt a good example. Sorry

But just saying; keep positive and then you win. Beleiving you are a shit tulpamancer means you are. Its not very hard to change what you think of yourself (or tulpa).

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition