The dreamlike state

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe she's developing fast because she isn't; I've been at this since May.

Assume that she has been growing, but that your assumptions about her have been holding her back. Realize that she's actually quite strong by now, and that all you need to do to allow her to live up her potential is to believe she can.

That to me seems like Elly's stopping me from doing it. Why would she do that unless its pointless? But I sit down to try this dream thing and i get to it immediately with no random temptations to go do something else. I may not have managed it but I still feel like I made progress and that our link in stronger.

So, i have to maintain my position...that i've been doing it wrong.

Try asking her to show you in some way what she wants to do. If she runs off in some direction, follow her; she probably wants to show you something. You might also want to do more passive forcing, bringing her with you in the real world.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assume that she has been growing, but that your assumptions about her have been holding her back. Realize that she's actually quite strong by now, and that all you need to do to allow her to live up her potential is to believe she can.

Easier said than done but I'll try. Kinda hard when I don't even know what assumptions I might have been making, though. I don't remember really making any.

Try asking her to show you in some way what she wants to do. If she runs off in some direction, follow her; she probably wants to show you something. You might also want to do more passive forcing, bringing her with you in the real world.

I can tell pretty easily what she wants, since she basically doesnt let me do a 'normal' tulpaforce, and she can just tell me what she wants. Or she'd just do it without warning...that seems to be more her style.

And I passive-force almost 24/7. As much as I can. Have been for about a month.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

Easier said than done but I'll try. Kinda hard when I don't even know what assumptions I might have been making, though. I don't remember really making any.

It's more what you assume automatically. You see her not being very strong and making slow progress, so you assume she's weak and growing very slowly. It's hard to change this assumption, obviously, because it's based on what you observe.

I'm basically stuck in the same thing here, having been with Lyra since mid April. Even after dropping all the harmful beliefs I'd picked up from the old guides (see link in signature), I'm still seeing slow growth.

I've had some success with this, though it's a little early to tell. Simply realizing she's strong helped some. This morning I tried talking to my subconscious, which responded in thoughts similarly to how my tulpae do. I asked it to insert a couple of beliefs about her strength along with some other things.

I can tell pretty easily what she wants, since she basically doesnt let me do a 'normal' tulpaforce, and she can just tell me what she wants. Or she'd just do it without warning...that seems to be more her style.

And I passive-force almost 24/7. As much as I can. Have been for about a month.

When you start forcing, ask her what she wants to do. What you're seeing could be either you or her betting bored with what you're doing. Mix things up a bit. Build new areas in your wonderland, with her helping. Build a rollercoaster. Make up games you can play with her. Fly to a cloud just to see what it's like. Even if you can't explore new areas and watch them self-form, there's plenty you can do together.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I can't believe she's developing fast because she isn't; I've been at this since May.

As Chupi said, think as though it's you that's holding them back, with your negative assumptions, and so forth.

Also, keep in mind that she MAY have been progressing in her own way. A tulpa's development is not always apparent, especially not right away.

Just think optimistically. It will make the whole process go a lot faster.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."