[Suggestion] An IRC bot posting when a new thread is made

Purlox

To encourage activity and to increase the speed threads get responded to, we could make an IRC bot that announces when a new thread is created and in what board it was created with a link to the thread.

Isn't this kind of useless, since when you get into the IRC you can't see anything said before you enter, and the thread twitter feed or whatever is on the side of the page anyway.

My opinions are all subject to change.

Kadoh: It's supposed make people currently in the channel contribute to the thread, so it gets responses faster, it's not supposed to be some bot that makes you know of every new thread made unlike the bot on twitter.

I suppose it's a good idea then, considering the forums can be a little slow at times, with no one posting

My opinions are all subject to change.

Also I should add that we might not want to include Off topic threads and progress reports, because those don't need fast responses, those threads usually don't contribute much and would just unnecessarily flood the channel making people ignore the bot, when we get more people making those threads

Guest Anonymous

Not everyone will be that committed to replying to a new thread, intelhunter. Besides, as long as off-topic and progress reports are excluded, I wouldn't expect too many walls of text appearing that often.

Anyways, I think this is an excellent idea.