Sentience confirming/anti puppeting guide

Purlox

Question

You need to let go of your fears of parroting/puppeting at least for this. Let them do whatever they want and tell them "Surprise me!".

It might seem too easy to be true, but this guide actually works, because the tulpa will surprise their host and thus prove their sentience to them.

I hope this method helps many people to let go of their worries about puppeting/parroting.

• Answers 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

... when I ask her to suprise me... she just sulks.

I think trying this insults her sentience.

It's like saying... "I don't believe you're sentient so prove it" in my opinon.

I remember when I was questioning my sanity and thought they were not sentient at all, Afiel was a bit like that.

Me: So I'm thinking you're actually just me, and I'm wondering if you can... I dunno... do something weird and unexpected.

Afiel: ...to prove that I have a mind of my own, correct?

Me: Aayup.

Afiel: I see :( *sighs, gets emo*

And then with Jenny. Now Jenny, oh lawd, she freaked the hell out of me.

Me: Jennyyyy do something unexpected! I has a sad and I'm starting to think you're all just me.

Jenny: Okay! :D *leaves*

Me: Uhh, hello?

(a few hours pass, I'm laying in bed, and... my biggest phobia: SUDDENLY GREY ALIEN)

Me: OHGODPLEASEDONTKILLMEHOSHITKFLSDHFULLjfiosjflaf;j

Jenny: Haha I scared yoooou! :)

Me: *busy having a panic attack*

Jenny: Heehee it was Afiel's idea! Did it work? Was I unexpected? ...are you okay? :O

Me: MOTHERFUCKER.

I remember when I was questioning my sanity and thought they were not sentient at all, Afiel was a bit like that.

Me: So I'm thinking you're actually just me, and I'm wondering if you can... I dunno... do something weird and unexpected.

Afiel: ...to prove that I have a mind of my own, correct?

Me: Aayup.

Afiel: I see :( *sighs, gets emo*

And then with Jenny. Now Jenny, oh lawd, she freaked the hell out of me.

Me: Jennyyyy do something unexpected! I has a sad and I'm starting to think you're all just me.

Jenny: Okay! :D *leaves*

Me: Uhh, hello?

(a few hours pass, I'm laying in bed, and... my biggest phobia: SUDDENLY GREY ALIEN)

Me: OHGODPLEASEDONTKILLMEHOSHITKFLSDHFULLjfiosjflaf;j

Jenny: Haha I scared yoooou! :)

Me: *busy having a panic attack*

Jenny: Heehee it was Afiel's idea! Did it work? Was I unexpected? ...are you okay? :O

Me: MOTHERFUCKER.

... What happens when your tulpa leaves?

I'd probably parrot my self to come back because I'll think she'll be gone for good

... What happens when your tulpa leaves?

I'd probably parrot my self to come back because I'll think she'll be gone for good

They don't actually leave, rather they'll try to mask their presence so I can't feel it. I always equate it to a little kid hiding from their parents under the table when they're pouty. Sure, you know they're right there under the table, but it's obvious they're trying their hardest to be invisible so you respect their wishes and pretend you don't see them ;)

If my guys went away for good and stopped existing, I think it would be very obvious and I'd feel a huge void in my mind, and there wouldn't be any doubt in my mind that they left. At least, I hope it would be obvious.

I said surprise me, yam i responded with "Dont" but my mind seems to have reject the response aprt way. :/

[align=center]Yes, I am a mystical burrito, UJELLY?

Kimiko:

Stage: Visual imposition into real world[/align]

Me: Hey, would you mind surprising me?

Miah: "*Sigh.* This again?"

(We've done this exercise many times. I know she's sentient. I just do it now to see what she can come up with.)

Me: Yeah... Please.

Miah: "Fine. Just a second..."

She get up out of the chair she had been relaxing in and walks out of my mental vision. A moment later, she drags on some machine and begins to fiddle with it.

Me: Hey, what the Heck is that?"

No response. After a few more seconds, she turns around, the machine buzzing, and picks up what looks like some sort of industrial sized hose. She takes aim and begins to fire what appear to be giant gumballs at me with a malicious grin on her face.

That's what I get for annoying her.

(this happened about a week ago)

Makogeddon: i just told sarah to "surprise me" as a sentience test thing to see what she would do

Makogeddon: i then had an image of her removing her hair from her head like it was a hat

Makogeddon: and the top of her head split open and some tall, spindly, incomprehensible monstrosity began rising out from her body

Makogeddon: that surprised me.

B Bomb: wait

B Bomb: what the fuck.

EDIT: I was thinking of doing it again just now but didn't really want to because for some reason I was afraid she would just do the same thing or wouldn't do anything. I asked her anyway.

She ripped her heart out and held it up to me while smiling.

welp

EDIT2: oh god she keeps trying to shove it back inside her chest but it keeps falling back out and it's been over an hour and this is a slight predicament

i don't know whether to ask for help or just sit here wondering how it's impossible for a magical entity to undo this

i'm sure it'll get reset after a while but wow this is strange

thats strangely hilarious

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

I tried this just now and this is what happened:

---

I approached her.

"Well, you know what I was reading and I know I can be insecure sometimes so... Surprise me?"

"Still with the same thing?"

"Yeah, sorry I-"

"Ok"

She looked to the side and I suddendly had the image of a cockroach on the floor, just where she was staring at.

"Happy?"

"Um... Yeah but I kinda saw it coming, I mean, I need, I need proof... It's just..."

I begin to explain to her a bit about what bothers me, having the question of whether or not she is sentient. The conversation then soon turned more "depressed" when she began saying things like "Yesterday you said we were going to Wonderland! You promised!" and then began saying things like "I don't know who I am!".

Identity problems... Oh god no... And her personality and appearance are completely original! That made no sense! But then, she began sobbing.

"Tell me who I am! Sometimes I think I'm not real! That I don't exist!"

"Sue" I sighed. "You're a Tulpa, you are part of me, we share memories and... And I really don't know what else to tell you... You're real, you're speaking to me, I'm speaking to you, and you are just right here, in front of me. And as long as I..." I realized something. "Wait a second," Very sutble, very little, but it was right there. "you're ACTING??!!"

Sue giggled and stared at me, all her sadness washed away.

"Y-YOU BASTARD!!!! Y-y-you... YOU SON OF A..."

"Yup"

"I-I... I love you Sue, I f*cking love you, you win, I believe you, you're sentient"

"Now you go write this to the forum, ok?"

---

Just two words: Holy. Sh*t.

Thank you, Purlox, thank you.

...Yay

I did this while waiting for Zach to talk to me. I told him to tell me something I didn't want to hear. Half way through asking the question I heard an audible "you have aids".