Teryakywind's Guide to Making the Imagined Real

Teryakywind

Was this guide helpfull?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Was this guide helpfull?

• Yes!
    • Not at all :(

Question

So I've seen a lot of people complaining that when they enter into their wonderland things don't look or feel clear. I have decided to share what I do when visualizing things in my wonderland, when I'm not being fantastically lazy.

This method involves cycling through all 5 of your senses while in wonderland, one at a time, slowly building up until you have all 5 going at once.

Before you start, make sure that you are in a comfortable position, be it sitting or laying down. don't worry about falling asleep, as dozing a little can be helpful here.

Close your eyes, and imagine yourself to be in your wonderland body. Your eyes, both in the physical world and in your wonderland, should be closed, so at first you will not see anything. Be patient with me, I'm getting to that point. Just keep your wonderland eyes closed until the end.

For the sake of example, let's pretend you're sitting in a field next to a burbling stream and a forest. Overhead, the sky is clear, and the sun has reached its highest point before it once more begins its journey towards the horizon.

First, reach down and feel the dirt underneath you. Pick up a handfull, and feel how it crumbles between your fingers. Feel the temperature, be it hot or cold. Keep the dirt in one hand, and reach out with the other, and feel the tall, dry blades of grass that surround you. Feel the sun over your head. Feel its heat reflecting off of the ground and the grass around you. Feel the breeze as it ruffles your hair and brushes your skin.

Now, hear the breeze as it rustles the leaves on the tress and the grass around you. There are birds chriping, singing sweetly among the trees of the forest. There is a cricket somewhere in the field. Turn your head (remember, keep your eyes shut!) and try to figure out which direction the cricket is in relation to you. is it behind you? Off to the side? In front of you?

Next, take the handfull of dirt, lift it to your face, and smell it. Smell the crumbled moutnains, the richness that gives the grass and plants around you life. Smell the breeze, wafting past and bringing you the smell of pine trees from the forest.

Reach out, keeping your eyes closed, and pick off a blade of the rich grass. Put the end of it in your mouth, and taste the sharpness of the sap that carries nutrients to the plant. Take a little bit of the dirt in your hand, toucch it to the tip of your tongue. Taste its grittiness, taste the nutrients.

NOW, tilt your head down in wonderland so that you are looking at your lap, and open your eyes. Look at the spot you are sitting. Notice the texture of the grass that is flattened where you are sitting, the soil it grows from. Look up a little further, and see the long blades of grass swaying slightly with the breeze. Look up a little further, and see the trees in the distance as they too sway with the wind. Look up a little further, up to the sky. Notice the sun shining brightly in the sky above, the clouds floating gently along on their eternal journey across the face of the Earth.

As you go through this, keep the senses you went through before each step as you move on to the next one. Feel, then hear and feel, then feel and hear and smell, and so on.

Apply this to your own wonderland, adapting it to your wonderland's environment.

As you get better and better at visualizing in wonderland this routine will take less and less time until eventually you will be able to run through everything in a matter of moments.

---For those who requested it, a sound version made by user PsychedelicDiamond is available here: http://uploaded.net/file/qgxz0chl ---

Good luck, and happy tulpaforcing!

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My audio editing skills and rsources are limited for the time being. it's a good idea though! Maybe add some peaceful music in the background, pauses in between steps...

You know what? I will totally do that. I... happen to have a voice many people find very pleasant to listen to.

Aaand i did. I hope you like it. Maybe some of you will recognize the music.

http://uploaded.net/file/qgxz0chl

>Dat voice

I came

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

This was quite helpful for figuring out which of my visualized sense need improvement. I now know that I don't need to practice taste, I almost threw up at the "taste the dirt" part.

Start Date: November 5, 2012

Humanoid Construct: Claire [MIA]

Stage: Not practicing anymore.

Praise the Lord for the gift he has given me.

Seeing that Q2's guide is about imposition and this is about visualization, I don't think those two guides are the ones you should be comparing. This one's title might be a bit misleading and make you think about imposition, but the visualization tag is correct.

This one has some overlap with Chupi's visualization thing, especially the end. You could say that this one is a bit more in-depth version of the sense thing Chupi ends his thing with. Too much overlap, not enough new? I dunno, I think this one might be saved by having more depth and giving you another scene to work with if you want to try it. The sound thing might be nice but I haven't tried it and can't right now, guess I'll take a look at it later. Sounds like a good idea, though.

Few typos like >moutnains. I also feel like this is more of a guide than a tip, but if majority really thinks this is a tip then I'm fine with it. But I dunno, seems like it guides me through the process well enough. I'd approve.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guess I'll approve for Tips. It's not an imposition guide so I don't know how QB's could be comparable, unless he wrote some other guide that I'm forgetting or something.