Tulpa.info forum app.

Road

I believe the site restructure may include a mobile theme, but maybe I heard wrong about this.

As far as chat goes, AndroIRC works perfectly fine for me.

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not all that mobile friendly. On my phone in portrait orientation I can see either who wrote a post, the text of the post, or a mysteriously wide margin to the right of the text. This means zig-zag scrolling to read a thread, if I care who wrote something. Then there's the delay from the header appearing to any content showing up. (I dunno, is the page content added by Javascript or something?)

Also the text editing on my phone doesn't play nice with the quick- and full-reply editors. The quick-reply edit box is wider than the phone at the 1x zoom level it insists on going to when editing stuff in it. The full-reply box feels clunky for some reason, probably the weird delay between tapping a key and letters appearing. Then there's what happens when I try to move the cursor around or select text. In quick-reply, it scrolls horizontally in the opposite direction from the bit of text I'm clearly reaching for. In both reply modes, the cursor goes to seemingly random locations vertically rather than where I tap, which then causes horizontal scrolling to a location I don't want.

Admittedly a lot of the text editing gripes above boil down to bugs in the Webkit-based Android default browser. Still it's far better behaved on most other sites. I think a lot of this involves Javascript hooks on textboxes and page complexity. A proper mobile theme would deliver something closer to plain HTML and edit boxes that are nothing but fields.

BTW, my phone is an HTC Evo Design 4G running ICS 4.0.3 (with HTC Sense).

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

It's not all that mobile friendly. On my phone in portrait orientation I can see either who wrote a post, the text of the post, or a mysteriously wide margin to the right of the text. This means zig-zag scrolling to read a thread, if I care who wrote something. Then there's the delay from the header appearing to any content showing up. (I dunno, is the page content added by Javascript...

I highly suggest downloading Dolphin HD browser until we get the app running, I would never use default browser.

Yuki Human Female

Vocalization

I highly suggest downloading Dolphin HD browser until we get the app running, I would never use default browser.

Thanks for that, just installed Dolphin Mini. I like apps using a bit less RAM, which is why I don't use Firefox on it very often.

Thanks for that, just installed Dolphin Mini. I like apps using a bit less RAM, which is why I don't use Firefox on it very often.

No problem, sadly I've had test out pretty much all of the mobile browsers myself, Dophin and Opera seem the best.

MT: Found a working template for the app (thank all the 'potenially' fictional deities I don't have to write the app entirely.)

I'll start on it tomorrow or Thursday depending on my schedule.

Yuki Human Female

Vocalization

I think this is a wonderful idea, and could really help a lot of people, myself included. Much easier to monitor threads from a mobile device you can check in on whenever than have to check your computer all the time.

Name: Kat

Form: A Japanese school girl... I think.

Birthday: 7/18/12

Personal signature: This whole being a tulpa thing is... Weird.

Stage: Vocal, working on imposition

Is Tapatalk not activated/supported/whatever on this forum?

Hm, I guess it isn't.

Hmm, this could work if Pleeb added the plugin from here. Do note that the Android app costs $3.