Tulpa design thread (possible permanent section?)

Avalanche

I say a board with the words "personal" and "tulpa" in it somehow. Like Personal Tulpa Creation. Or Personal Tulpa Documentation. Neither of these sound good enough.

Anyway as for the actual content of the board. There is one pinned thread duscussing the design or form features of people's tulpas. In addition, people are allowed one single thread, titled with their username and nothing else. This is each person's personal tulpa thread. It would be reccomemded that everyone participating here have a blog that they mirror here. The blog would be for just the raw posts, the threads for side-notes and back-and-forth conversation.

Thoughts?

[Note: Opinions]

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. That sounds pretty good to me. Sort of like the 'lounge' idea that I think Charlotte posted before?

Anyways, my design for my wonderland came quickly and spontaneously, and I'm honestly beginning to think that Clair did most of the design work. As we went into a void, I was thinking of ideas for a wonderland when all of a sudden things began popping up. First a huge semi-circular mountain range appeared, and after that A large plains complete with sandy coast. Clair and I put our residence at the meeting point between the mountains and plains. I plopped down a generic fantasy house, which Clair immediately set to work changing to something that suited her; a more modern open layout style home, with cool colors and metal. At that time, I left Clair to her devices to see what she would create, and I set the center of the coastline as the entry and exit point to the wonderland. The next time I went back, there was a village along the coastline that was fully inhabited and had several very distinct people. When I asked Clair what else she changed, she said that there were now fantasy creatures roaming the mountains.

tl;dr: I barely did any of the design work on my wonderland. It was mostly Clair and she did a fantastic job.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Some good responses.

My lounge idea (well it's not mine, but it's what I saw on a different site) is that each member starts their own thread that is titled after themselves. They can then pretty much blog in it with updates and progress, but it's main feature would be adding art and pictures relating to their tulpa idea. The blogs would be centred around the formation and visualisation part of creation, but it can double up as whatever the thread creator wants really.

It would be best if it were on this site and not tumblr, that would keep traffic here and we wouldn't have to set up accounts. Plus it would be easier for us here to manage and keep track of. I don't think it's technically hard to achieve, all you really need is to create a separate board in which to contain all the threads.

frt

On the lounge idea:

I could actually install some multiuser blog software, if people wanted to start their own blogs on tulpa.info.

Or we could just have a board, and everyone would make their own topics.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I think since a lounge and a blogsoftware would function inherently the same, a wider community of people here would use the blog software feature, over learning how the lounge works.

I assume you can subscribe to different blogs and comment in blogs?

frt

Let me install a temp version real quick, and screw around with it; get a good idea of the features (I can send you the URL, you can play around as well).

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

We could take a poll to see who would rather the lounge idea or the blog idea, but I can see a majority of people wanting a blog feature over a picture section. We could even have both if the blogs didn't get too many pictures going, but that's some data to be collected on another day.

frt

I stand by what I said.

One general pinned design thread and a liunge board that people could mirror blogs in.

[Note: Opinions]

Yeah I'm starting to think a blog section wouldn't really work, or even a section where we could link to our own blogs. Wordpress is a little weird in how it handles entries and things, I doubt I will keep using it. A lounge section would be simplier, as everyone would understand how to work their own straight away and keep up to date on each other.

frt